🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 What Comes After Death?

The funeral is for the dead also there is no question this is why so many plan their funeral.
Well then please provide a video showing a dead guy's commenting on his own funeral.

GEEZ. c'mon man.

No matter your beliefs there is no reason to "grieve" the dead.
If you a monotheist then your dead guy's in heaven and you should be happy
If you're a believer in reincarnation then your guy's not dead but reborn in another body.

The funeral is not for the dead but for the living to share their grief over what they have lost.

No bad behavior is caused by "evil spirits"

And I can;t help if it most people in the world believe in things that don't exist
The important thing is how our knowledge and beliefs serve us and our neighbors. :)

Speak for yourself. I care.

I don't want a luxurious event, but I want people to know who I was, what I stood for and where I want my soul to be.
You ain't gonna care or even know if your family followed your wishes for your funeral.

I don't want a luxurious event, but I want people to know who I was, what I stood for and where I want my soul to be.
I've instructed my kids that I want to be cremated. Beyond that I'm leaving any ceremony up to them. Knowing my daughter, she will pull out all the stops.

It's not surprising since all humans are far more alike than they are different.

It makes sense that there are similarities in our thought processes.
Don't disagree, but with no evidence, even for the early humans, why choose spirituality in the first place?

Don't disagree, but with no evidence, even for the early humans, why choose spirituality in the first place?

It's not too difficult a concept.

Humans fear the unknown. It makes sense that an intelligent but ignorant group of humans would try to explain things that they didn't understand and that terrified them.

Humans fear the unknown. It makes sense that an intelligent but ignorant group of humans would try to explain things that they didn't understand and that terrified them.
Without evidence? I'm a 3-4000 BC human. What reason would I have to believe in spirituality. And I like to separate the idea of 'gods' that explain natural phenomena, and only focus on consciousness after death. What evidence would they have that would support what they physically see post death?

I certainly understand the reasoning and argument. I'm in the "Not so fast to say there isn't anything post earthly conscience". And to suggest such a stance does require great evidence. Sometimes that evidence is speculation and or circumstantial, and maybe even theoretical.

There are some, today, who feel that consciousness outside of our bodies, has growing evidence from NDEs. Consciousness is "energy" and energy never "dies".

One would have to assume that something we don't understand, happens in conception, that affects both physical and metaphysics. I have no essence of life prior to my consciousness, so why would we have any reason to assume consciousness after brain function ceases?

Maybe we have misidentified metaphysics with spirituality / religion? I don't know the answers, but it is interesting to discuss and explore.

Based on their ever-changing explanations this also applies to our most intelligent scientists (sans the terror of course).;)

Without evidence? I'm a 3-4000 BC human. What reason would I have to believe in spirituality. And I like to separate the idea of 'gods' that explain natural phenomena, and only focus on consciousness after death. What evidence would they have that would support what they physically see post death?

I certainly understand the reasoning and argument. I'm in the "Not so fast to say there isn't anything post earthly conscience". And to suggest such a stance does require great evidence. Sometimes that evidence is speculation and or circumstantial, and maybe even theoretical.

There are some, today, who feel that consciousness outside of our bodies, has growing evidence from NDEs. Consciousness is "energy" and energy never "dies".

One would have to assume that something we don't understand, happens in conception, that affects both physical and metaphysics. I have no essence of life prior to my consciousness, so why would we have any reason to assume consciousness after brain function ceases?

Maybe we have misidentified metaphysics with spirituality / religion? I don't know the answers, but it is interesting to discuss and explore.

You make up explanations for the things you fear.

Thunder, lightning, floods, forest fires etc.

So the easiest explanation is some powerful force or god is responsible for these things and you also invent ways you think will appease those gods and viola religion is born. As we became less ignorant we discarded the gods that explained things we didn't understand. The idea of souls and a creator god are just more of the same inventions to explain what we can't understand.

Forum List

Back