What Constitutional Gun Control....

The choices are:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...initiative could have stopped the shooting at the school in Georgia?

The facts are:

The shooter was a convicted felon.

The shooter was mentally ill.

The crime scene was a gun free zone.

The firearm was stolen.

Last edited:
From what I 've heard, there was no shooting. That an Office worker talked him out of it.

BTW, didn't he want the police there so that he could shoot them?

From what I 've heard, there was no shooting. That an Office worker talked him out of it.

BTW, didn't he want the police there so that he could shoot them?

I see what you are saying.

I suppose for clarity, the shooter took the weapon into the school (a gun free zone) and fired that weapon in the school.

No one was injured.

-------------------------------

Still, no one can give a single gun control measure that would have stopped this shooting.

Federal Firearm registry is the closest answer. The second amendment exists so that in case the government gets out of hand citizens can rise up. At that point whether or not you're in any "Federal Registry" won't matter. But until then... maybe it'll help prevent or solve some crimes?

I mean I'm necessarily for it, but also not against it. :dunno:

Last edited:
Ban rifles and mexicans will smuggle those over the border like they do drugs.

Prohibition doesn't work.

Federal Firearm registry is the closest answer. The second amendment exists so that in case the government gets out of hand citizens can rise up. At that point whether or not you're in any "Federal Registry" won't matter. But until then... maybe it'll help prevent or solve some crimes?

Would the registry, if it existed, disable weapons that are not on it, or if they are stolen, or even sold without telling the government? If not, how the fuck would it stop anything?

Would the registry, if it existed, disable weapons that are not on it, or if they are stolen, or even sold without telling the government? If not, how the fuck would it stop anything?

It wouldn't have stopped this either.

If I have to keep beating people over the head with this reality, I will.

Criminals with guns DON'T OBEY GUN LAWS.

Enough said.

My point exactly.

This incident is the perfect example.

The guy broke four laws that we know off BEFORE FIRING A SHOT.

Convicted of making terroristic threats.

Stealing a firearm.

Possessing a firearm as a convicted felon.

Entering a gun free zone with a firearm.

What form of Constitutionally acceptable gun control could have stopped this?

The answer is NONE.

No background check...the gun was stolen.

No assault weapons ban...the shooter would have stolen whatever was available.

No gun registry...deters no criminal activity.

No gun crime legislation.

No gun free zones.

No enhanced charges.

Gun control only makes it harder for law abiding citizens to exercise their Constitutional right.

If anyone can point to a Constitutional gun control measure that would have stopped this individual from committing this crime, now is the time to spell it out.

Last edited:

oh yeah... that makes perfect sense...

let's register all our guns with the federal government...

so that, if the time ever comes that we need to rise up against it, it will conveniently know where all the guns are...

makes absolutely perfect sense...

If I have to keep beating people over the head with this reality, I will.

Criminals with guns DON'T OBEY GUN LAWS.

Enough said.

My point exactly.

This incident is the perfect example.

The guy broke four laws that we know off BEFORE FIRING A SHOT.

Convicted of making terroristic threats.

Stealing a firearm.

Possessing a firearm as a convicted felon.

Entering a gun free zone with a firearm.

What form of Constitutionally acceptable gun control could have stopped this?

The answer is NONE.

No background check...the gun was stolen.

No assault weapons ban...the shooter would have stolen whatever was available.

No gun registry...deters no criminal activity.

No gun crime legislation.

No gun free zones.

No enhanced charges.

Gun control only makes it harder for law abiding citizens to exercise their Constitutional right.

If anyone can point to a Constitutional gun control measure that would have stopped this individual from committing this crime, now is the time to spell it out.

The people that make these 'gun control laws' pretend to tell us that controlling the instrument will reduce crime. What they're really trying to do is control people. Nowhere in the Second Amendment does it give any government local, State, Federal the right to craft laws regarding the right to keep and bear arms. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do they not understand?

Any object can be used to kill. Laws should be geared to punish those that with malice, intend to deprive others of their rights to life, liberty, property, regardless the instrument. That to me is more the question, and the basis laws should be crafted to deter those that violate the liberty of others.

Putting on my progressive cap the answer becomes clear, if you take away all the honest mans weapons the killers will stop killing people with them and wouldn't dare use other weapons to inflict their evil.

This was nothing but an attempted suicide by cop, he had no intention of shooting anyone, he chose a school because he knew the officers would be more aggressive there. The woman even told the 911 operator he was not interested in the children. The guy was a fruit cake and the woman that talked him down saved no one but him.

...initiative could have stopped the shooting at the school in Georgia?

The facts are:

The shooter was a convicted felon.

The shooter was mentally ill.

The crime scene was a gun free zone.

The firearm was stolen.

" What Constitutional Gun Control initiative could have stopped the shooting at the school in Georgia?" - Missourian :eek:

In responding to intellectually dishonest and vacuous statements like the one above, I usually just piss on a back while insinuating it is only raining, but...

If gun controls were meant to go back in time and stop crimes...:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back