What Democrats winning the Senate means

It means that there is no checks or balances on Sleepy Joe's ability to appoint extremists to judgeships and other high positions in government. The Senate will just be a rubber stamp for the Far Left as it was during the past 2 years. Expect that Biden will appoint judges even in 2024, in complete and hypocritical violation of the Biden Rule. I remember the libs throwing a conniption in 2020 when President Trump appointed a justice- that will be shown to be pure hypocrisy.

You mean like McConnell did throughout Trump's Administration, which created the Federalist Society's Catholic Supreme Court to overturn the will of the people n Roe v Wade.

Furthermore, I think the destructive and anti-democratic fillibuster will now be overturned so that the majority rule will return to the Senate. The tyrany of the minority which has ruled since Jim Crow needs to end.

But you HAVE a salary, and it’s tied to inflation. You also have the confidence knowing you will get a guaranteed pension, so even if your savings are wiped out by Bideninflation, you will have an income. The vast majority of Americans are NOT in your situation, with guaranteed protections, and it’s pretty bad that you are willing to see them suffer.

You think we get salary raises in line with inflation?

Are you kidding

With Republicans winning the House, serious legislation is impossible

But Mitch McConnell never cared about legislation
He would have used the next two years to block Biden from filling vacant court seats to stockpile them for a Republican President in 2024

Now, Biden will be able to undo some of the damage Trump did to the judiciary by appointing young, liberal judges
It means you get to own the upcoming economic shit show that will be 2023 and 2024.

More people voted for Republicans, so yes….they did reject the destructive Democrat policies.

Not True. Democrats ONLY lost in states that were highly gerrymandered. In states where Republican gerrymandering was overturned and the districts were drawn by geography and not politics, Democrats won handily.

Republicans need policies, ideas, and plans. You can't run on hate and lies. The American people are no longer being fooled by the party which is trying to end democracy in America.

You mean like McConnell did throughout Trump's Administration, which created the Federalist Society's Catholic Supreme Court to overturn the will of the people n Roe v Wade.

Furthermore, I think the destructive and anti-democratic fillibuster will now be overturned so that the majority rule will return to the Senate. The tyrany of the minority which has ruled since Jim Crow needs to end.

What makes you think the Democrats want to get rid of the filibuster at all?

They have had control of the Senate for the past 2 years and didn't do it.

The filibuster benefits the Senate by allowing the Democrats to maintain unity, even when some of them really don't want a piece of legislation passed.

Not True. Democrats ONLY lost in states that were highly gerrymandered. In states where Republican gerrymandering was overturned and the districts were drawn by geography and not politics, Democrats won handily.

Republicans need policies, ideas, and plans. You can't run on hate and lies. The American people are no longer being fooled by the party which is trying to end democracy in America.

You're from Canada. No one cares.

You think we get salary raises in line with inflation?

Are you kidding
Well the federal workers do.

You might get only half the inflation, but still….you are protected with a salary and a guaranteed pension. Just how much pain do you want to see on senior citizens who are not in a position to earn money and are living on modest incomesL

That’s not true. LOTS of Democrat-gerrymandered districts. You should see what the Dems did to one of my friend’s districts in Maryland.

nothing really…what matters is the gop took the house and the pain of the darkness of the demafasict will slow down…two more years til freedom

The GOP has not yet taken the House majority. I hope they do but I'll believe it when I see it. There is still plenty of cheating and fraud to be done.

The GOP is going to win the House. So we get gridlock and House investigations into the Bide corruption and Covid Tyranny Scamdemic. That's better than the last two years.

Well the federal workers do.

You might get only half the inflation, but still….you are protected with a salary and a guaranteed pension. Just how much pain do you want to see on senior citizens who are not in a position to earn money and are living on modest incomesL

Teachers are not even CLOSE to federal workers in pay.

That's first.

Second, the choice is NOT:

1. We can have a Republican House with a slim majority who will do a lot to mitigate inflation OR

2. We have a Dem controlled Congress and President who will do nothing to mitigate inflation.

Were that the case, I would choose #1. But it's not. The Republican House can do nothing. They don't have the Senate or the Presidency. In that case, it is BETTER to give over to the Dems. Think of it like chemotherapy--terrible in the short term; life-giving in the long term.

We would still be energy independent, which would've stopped most of what we are going through.
Energy independent does not mean that oil companies would not charge market rates for gas or sell it to the highest bidder

Forum List

Back