"What did we do to make them so angry at US?"

No one dropped a bomb on their home. There was no history of any family member being under attack from non muslims. They bombed the marathon because they despise our freedom and you cannot come to terms with the fact these two kids were "never moderates at all". There is no such thing as moderation in Islam. If you are a true Muslim following the Koran to the letter? You are not a moderate! Got it?
It's a little too early to make that call and I don't agree with your opinion of muslims.

Yesterday was the 18th anniversary of the OKC bombing, done by an ex military, right wing extremist. Should we profile all right wing military men? Just curious, you idiot.

only if they exhibit mental illness symptoms. Then they should be put in mental institutions for their own and everyone else's protection. McVeigh was mentally ill.

Hassan was on a jihad.

Do you comprehend the difference?

No he was not. If he were mentally ill, they would not have tried and executed him. He was not mentally ill. Now, I'm guessing you have a link, or you just pulled that right out of your ass.

Wikipedia

The Fort Hood shooting was a mass murder that took place on November 5, 2009 at Fort Hood near Killeen, Texas.[1] In the course of the shooting, a single gunman killed 13 people and over 30 people were injured. It is the worst shooting ever to take place on an American military base.[2] Several individuals, including Senator Lieberman,[3] General McCaffy,[4] and others have called the event a terrorist attack.[5][6] The Department of Defense and federal law enforcement agencies have classified the shootings as an act of workplace violence. They have declined requests from survivors and family members of the slain to categorize it as act of terrorism, or motivated by militant Islamic religious convictions.[7] In November 2011 a group of survivors and family members filed a lawsuit against the government for negligence in preventing the attack, and to force the government to classify the shootings as terrorism.
The sole suspect is Nidal Malik Hasan, a 39-year-old U.S. Army major serving as a psychiatrist. He was shot and taken into custody by Department of the Army Civilian Police officers.[8] Due to injuries from being wounded, he is paralyzed from the waist down.[9] Hasan was arraigned by a military court on July 20, 2011 and was charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted murder under the Uniform Code of Military Justice; he may face additional charges at court-martial. If he is convicted, he could be given the death penalty.[10][11]
Days after the shooting, reports in the media revealed that a Joint Terrorism Task Force had been aware of e-mail communications between Hasan and the Yemen-based cleric Anwar al-Awlaki who had been monitored by the NSA as a security threat and that for several years, Hasan's colleagues were aware of Hasan's increasing radicalization. The failure to prevent the shootings led the Defense Department and the FBI to commission investigations, and Congress also held hearings.[/QUOTE]

He was a radicalized muslim, and it cannot be hidden by you.

Yeah, he is DEAD, regrettably, much too late.

And, YEAH, he died for YOUR sins as a treasonous anti-American piece of trash.

Celebrate and enjoy while you may. Before the Navy Seals catch up with you.
Why do you think I'm a "treasonous anti-American piece of trash?"

Got the balls to answer that?

Michael Sheurer thinks we should stop trying to introduce democracy to the ragheads...and stop trying to get them to give equal rights to their women. But somehow I think they would still want to kill the infidels. We need to kill them first.

Oh for crying out loud why must it be something we did? Why must we, when attacked, flail ourselves looking for our short comings? If living in a rich successful country which was built by the blood and sweat of our grandparents make them hate us there is hardly anything we can do about it.

I refuse to feel bad about myself and my country because these idiots are ..............idiots.

Buuut they have bombs and they're crazy and sneaky!!!

Michael Sheurer thinks we should stop trying to introduce democracy to the ragheads...and stop trying to get them to give equal rights to their women. But somehow I think they would still want to kill the infidels. We need to kill them first.
Leaving them alone and stop interfering in their country would be a lot more American.

They want to kill gays as well......wonder how they feel about Gay Marriage? The same "thought leaders" want to integrate Sharia Law are in favor of Gay Marriage. Something is going to give. which one? I have supported Gay Marriage since Day 1 and abhor Sharia Law having relevance in the US.

They want to kill gays as well......wonder how they feel about Gay Marriage? The same "thought leaders" want to integrate Sharia Law are in favor of Gay Marriage. Something is going to give. which one? I have supported Gay Marriage since Day 1 and abhor Sharia Law having relevance in the US.
How the fuck could Sharia Law have relevence in a country that separates church and state?

They hate us and want us dead.
Who?... Muslims.A lot of them.

Why....

Who the fuck knows at this point.

When Saddam invaded Kuwait, Bin Laden, who saw himself as a "supreme" religious and revolutionary leader in the Middle East and certainly among the Muslims, felt the task to remove Saddam should be an Islamic affair with him leading the charge.

When Arabia and other Muslim countries asked for the US to step in and free Kutait, Bin Laden was incensed. He felt letting infidel Westerners invade Islamic holy lands and kill Muslims was intolerable and an insult to Islam.

My personal feeling was that President HW Bush did the right thing. Driving Saddam back to his own boarders. Passing sanctions. Keeping a watch on Saddam. Not becoming a debt creating nation builder. Protecting valuable resources in the Middle East and helping allies.

Bin Laden didn't see it that way. Not only was he angry at Western involvement, but he felt insulted by other Muslims who were actually afraid of him and didn't want to make him a "hero".

This was the entire foundation for Bin Laden's hatred of the US. His massive ego felt "slighted". And he felt justified because of Westerners setting foot in Islamic Holy Lands and killing Muslims. To his ilk, an unforgivable sin.

And that is the super condensed version of what happened. It wasn't all that long ago. Not something easily forgotten. Bin Laden told us he was going to attack us and why. As with all religious nuts, he felt his religion demanded it.

It doesn't explain the attacks on all those other countries that don't drop bombs on their houses.
That's a good point!

But I don't have an answer for it.

Bali never bombed anyone and India did nothing to Iraq.
And Iraq didn't do anything to Bali or India.

But this thread is not about Iraq. It is about extremists, Al Qaeda attacking and what one may have done to "deserve such". Many point to 9-11 and 1993 and say America stirred a hornets nest, thus the reasons for the attacks.

As I posted on the first or second page there are plenty of bombing, terrorist attacks etc., which have resulted in death committed by the same type of extremists where there was no provocation such as London Transit bombings, Bali Nightclub massacre, Spain Train bombings, Bojinka, Istanbul 2003, the Khobar massacre, Islamabad Marriott Hotel...all committed by Al Qaeda.

It seems as if people want to say America did this or that instead of seeing provocation is not needed and these extremists are intolerant not only to America but also to those who practice the Muslim teachings as well. If they differ and their Muslim (extremist) views are not as the same they kill the innocent Muslims too as evidenced by some of the bombings above. Al Qaeda is killing moderate Muslims in the name of Allah.

They kill over cartoons, (The Jyllands-Posten killings) they kill because people disagree with them, simple as that. There does not need to be an Iraq for them to kill.

How the fuck could Sharia Law have relevence in a country that separates church and state?

Exactly! They still want to kill gays AND stone women for going to school. How can there be any such level of intolerance in the US?

Forum List

Back