"What did we do to make them so angry at US?"

CaféAuLait;7123938 said:
But this thread is not about Iraq. It is about extremists, Al Qaeda attacking and what one may have done to "deserve such". Many point to 9-11 and 1993 and say America stirred a hornets nest, thus the reasons for the attacks.

As I posted on the first or second page there are plenty of bombing, terrorist attacks etc., which have resulted in death committed by the same type of extremists where there was no provocation such as London Transit bombings, Bali Nightclub massacre, Spain Train bombings, Bojinka, Istanbul 2003, the Khobar massacre, Islamabad Marriott Hotel...all committed by Al Qaeda.

It seems as if people want to say America did this or that instead of seeing provocation is not needed and these extremists are intolerant not only to America but also to those who practice the Muslim teachings as well. If they differ and their Muslim (extremist) views are not as the same they kill the innocent Muslims too as evidenced by some of the bombings above. Al Qaeda is killing moderate Muslims in the name of Allah.

They kill over cartoons, (The Jyllands-Posten killings) they kill because people disagree with them, simple as that. There does not need to be an Iraq for them to kill.
Every society has its share of extremist nutjobs. It wasn't a muslim who killed Dr. Tiller. It wasn't a muslim that bombed OKC. The Tucson shooter wasn't muslim. In fact, of all terrorist attacks in the US for the last 10 years, only 9% was committed by muslims. 53% were committed by conservative, right wingers.

Our foreign policy definately played a role in generating the kind of hatred that manifested itself on 9/11. There are parts of our foreign policy that is radicalizing normal, law-abiding citizens to take up arms against us. That is what we need to look at and make changes if possible. I'm for changing anything that doesn't compromise our national security.

I've worked with a lot of muslims in my line of work (engineering) and they are just like you and me.

Yeah, he is DEAD, regrettably, much too late.

And, YEAH, he died for YOUR sins as a treasonous anti-American piece of trash.

Celebrate and enjoy while you may. Before the Navy Seals catch up with you.
Why do you think I'm a "treasonous anti-American piece of trash?"

Got the balls to answer that?

Whenever the opinion of the majority declares something to be right, usually, it is RIGHT.

Exactly! They still want to kill gays AND stone women for going to school. How can there be any such level of intolerance in the US?
If they try to do that in this country, they get sent to prison to be bubba's little bitch!

Not if they blow bubba up first. The point is simply stating it won't be tolerated is exactly why they will continue. They are not the accepting kind.

CaféAuLait;7123938 said:
But this thread is not about Iraq. It is about extremists, Al Qaeda attacking and what one may have done to "deserve such". Many point to 9-11 and 1993 and say America stirred a hornets nest, thus the reasons for the attacks.

As I posted on the first or second page there are plenty of bombing, terrorist attacks etc., which have resulted in death committed by the same type of extremists where there was no provocation such as London Transit bombings, Bali Nightclub massacre, Spain Train bombings, Bojinka, Istanbul 2003, the Khobar massacre, Islamabad Marriott Hotel...all committed by Al Qaeda.

It seems as if people want to say America did this or that instead of seeing provocation is not needed and these extremists are intolerant not only to America but also to those who practice the Muslim teachings as well. If they differ and their Muslim (extremist) views are not as the same they kill the innocent Muslims too as evidenced by some of the bombings above. Al Qaeda is killing moderate Muslims in the name of Allah.

They kill over cartoons, (The Jyllands-Posten killings) they kill because people disagree with them, simple as that. There does not need to be an Iraq for them to kill.
Every society has its share of extremist nutjobs. It wasn't a muslim who killed Dr. Tiller. It wasn't a muslim that bombed OKC. The Tucson shooter wasn't muslim. In fact, of all terrorist attacks in the US for the last 10 years, only 9% was committed by muslims. 53% were committed by conservative, right wingers.

Our foreign policy definately played a role in generating the kind of hatred that manifested itself on 9/11. There are parts of our foreign policy that is radicalizing normal, law-abiding citizens to take up arms against us. That is what we need to look at and make changes if possible. I'm for changing anything that doesn't compromise our national security.

I've worked with a lot of muslims in my line of work (engineering) and they are just like you and me.

When one of the right wingers do it, it's merely an extremist, someone out of the norm.

But when a Muslim does it, it reflects on the entire religion.

Or when a gay does it, it reflects on gays everywhere.

Or when a black does it, it reflects on blacks everywhere.

But yet, it's Republicans who shout "let him die". It's crowds that applaud "education is for snobs". it's the entire party that takes a true statement "You didn't build that alone" and changes it into "You didn't build that".

I agree with CK
If you watch the news, you can hear what they say
It is because we think we are the police of the world.
WE ARE NOT
We need to MIND OUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS!
you are absolutely correct !! we are treating them like they have done something horrible to us ..........we are treating them like they flew two jets into the Trade Center Towers or the PENTAGON or some other crazy shit !! by the way what did we do to piss them off before 911 ??

Only 3000 dead. What pikers these muslim are. bush/cheney murder in the hundreds of thousands in muslim countries and then say "they hate us for our freedoms".

Whenever the opinion of the majority declares something to be right, usually, it is RIGHT.
Have you ever heard of the McMartin Pre-school trial?

How about the ACORN voter fraud allegations?

Or the Don Henley child molestation case?

In all 3 cases, the majority was wrong!

BTW, you didn't answer my question.

CaféAuLait;7123938 said:

I'll state it again we are speaking about extremists. I am aware of Christian extremists as well. I’ve seen a lot blamed on ‘fundies’ or radical right, where the blames squarely lies. I have never intimated that moderate Muslims are bad, in fact I have pointed out over and over they are being killed by Muslim extremists. Osama Bin Laden formed his Al Qaeda in 1988 during the Soviet War.

The fact of the matter is these Muslim extremists kill more Moderate Muslims than non-Muslims.

Surprising Study On Terrorism: Al-Qaida Kills Eight Times More Muslims Than Non-Muslims

Surprising Study On Terrorism: Al-Qaida Kills Eight Times More Muslims Than Non-Muslims - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Their war is to kill anyone they see an apostate or not following Sharia Law.

Much of the beef (extremely abbreviated version here) with the US and allied forces started as the result of the Saudi King Fahd telling Osama Bin Laden to basically "shove it” and used US forces and allied forces instead of OBL's in 90. That same Saudi King also banished Osama to the Sudan. OBL was not happy to see Westerners on "Holy Land" at the behest of the Saudi King.

OBL was also was not happy that King Fahd supported the Oslo accords which would have had peace between Israel and Palestine too. This further drove OBL’s hatred. King Fahd banished OBL from Saudi Arabia and he assured OBL was cut off from his funds of over 7 million monthly. All of his assets were frozen and his family “publically” disowned him.

OBL his hatred and extremist teachings grew. Anything and anyone was a reason for hatred and murder. In 1995 after he tried to assassinate Egyptian president Mubarak, but failed, he was banished by the Sudanese government too. He had a beef with everyone and was angry at the world. He was an extremist, killing and hating people and teaching hate far before the West ‘provoked’ him. His teaching continues to spread that hatred today too. It’s not just US actions, its extreme religious beliefs and a long history.

Of course the wars and policy have added to his hate and murderous ways. I’d be blind to say it did not. But given the stats of innocents being murdered daily by Al-Qaeda everyday because they do not practice Muslim beliefs they way they think they should are atrocious.

As far as your stats I would like names, dates and specific examples of all these Terrorist actions please. If only 9 percent of terror acts in the last 10 years were carried out by extremist Muslims I must have slept through a lot of terror. What was the other 91% of terror acts you speak of? Not who committed them but what acts do you reference? I am really curious.

CaféAuLait;7124939 said:
As far as your stats I would like names, dates and specific examples of all these Terrorist actions please. If only 9 percent of terror acts in the last 10 years were carried out by extremist Muslims I must have slept through a lot of terror. What was the other 91% of terror acts you speak of? Not who committed them but what acts do you reference? I am really curious.
Here you go...

CaféAuLait;7124939 said:
Here you go...

Okay you said:

In fact, of all terrorist attacks in the US for the last 10 years, only 9% was committed by muslims. 53% were committed by conservative, right wingers.

I am assuming you meant since 2001 and not the last 10 years but that is beside the point. Are you trying to say that HVE's (Homegrown Violent Extremist's) are "conservative, right wingers" or Christian's? That is not correct at all.

As defined by your article HVE's (Homegrown Violent Extremist's) are:

In addition to al Qaeda-affiliated groups, the United States also saw the emergence of a generation of unaffiliated individuals inspired by al Qaeda’s ideology but lacking ties to any foreign terrorist organization. These HVEs have developed into one prong of a multifaceted homeland threat. Although many have lacked the capability to match their intent, others took steps to move from violent rhetoric into action.

Some of these al Qaeda-inspired Americans sought to travel to Pakistan, Afghanistan, or other fronts in the global jihad to gain fighting experience or participate in terrorist training. The Virginia Jihad Network—a group of individuals disrupted in 2001 after acquiring training from Pakistani militant group Lashkar-e-Tayyiba in preparation for jihad against American forces in Afghanistan—was one of the first cases to shed light on this trend.

Since 9/11, American HVEs have traveled to Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen for terrorist training and ultimately joined terrorist groups in those countries. For example, Bryant Neal Vinas, a convert to Islam who was raised in Long Island, New York, traveled to Pakistan in September 2007 and managed to join al Qaeda. There, he participated in attacks against coalition forces and provided al Qaeda with insight for homeland attacks, including one potentially targeting the Long Island Rail Road. The primary concern with Vinas and other American trainees is that al Qaeda or its affiliated groups will leverage them for homeland attacks, as they sought to do with Najibullah Zazi before his plot to attack the New York City transit system was disrupted in 2009.

The recent Al Qaeda inspired Boston Bombing's would be considered HVEs, unless it is proven they are part of a larger cell.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;7125000 said:
Okay you said:

In fact, of all terrorist attacks in the US for the last 10 years, only 9% was committed by muslims. 53% were committed by conservative, right wingers.

I am assuming you meant since 2001 and not the last 10 years but that is beside the point. Are you trying to say that HVE's (Homegrown Violent Extremist's) are "conservative, right wingers" or Christian's? That is not correct at all.

In addition to al Qaeda-affiliated groups, the United States also saw the emergence of a generation of unaffiliated individuals inspired by al Qaeda’s ideology but lacking ties to any foreign terrorist organization. These HVEs have developed into one prong of a multifaceted homeland threat. Although many have lacked the capability to match their intent, others took steps to move from violent rhetoric into action.

Some of these al Qaeda-inspired Americans sought to travel to Pakistan, Afghanistan, or other fronts in the global jihad to gain fighting experience or participate in terrorist training. The Virginia Jihad Network—a group of individuals disrupted in 2001 after acquiring training from Pakistani militant group Lashkar-e-Tayyiba in preparation for jihad against American forces in Afghanistan—was one of the first cases to shed light on this trend.

Since 9/11, American HVEs have traveled to Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen for terrorist training and ultimately joined terrorist groups in those countries. For example, Bryant Neal Vinas, a convert to Islam who was raised in Long Island, New York, traveled to Pakistan in September 2007 and managed to join al Qaeda. There, he participated in attacks against coalition forces and provided al Qaeda with insight for homeland attacks, including one potentially targeting the Long Island Rail Road. The primary concern with Vinas and other American trainees is that al Qaeda or its affiliated groups will leverage them for homeland attacks, as they sought to do with Najibullah Zazi before his plot to attack the New York City transit system was disrupted in 2009.

The recent Al Qaeda inspired Boston Bombing's would be considered HVEs, unless it is proven they are part of a larger cell.
Right-wing terrorism is on the FBI's radar.

between 1980 and 2000, the FBI recorded 335 incidents or suspected incidents of terrorism in this country. Of these, 247 were attributed to domestic terrorists, while 88 were determined to be international in nature.

In the 1990s, right-wing extremism overtook left-wing terrorism as the most dangerous domestic terrorist threat to the country.

CaféAuLait;7125000 said:
Okay you said:

Right-wing terrorism is on the FBI's radar.

between 1980 and 2000, the FBI recorded 335 incidents or suspected incidents of terrorism in this country. Of these, 247 were attributed to domestic terrorists, while 88 were determined to be international in nature.

In the 1990s, right-wing extremism overtook left-wing terrorism as the most dangerous domestic terrorist threat to the country.

So wait, I ask you for so something to back your contention about the last ten years instead you gave me something that said the complete opposite of what you claimed. Then you jump back to 1988 (33 years ago in this post) and on top of that supply me with an article that is 11 years old?

Forum List

Back