What do Evangelicals want in a president? Character and transparency

People like to talk and complain, but not act.
As evidenced on this board... and am an admittedly guilty party.
So, we get what we deserve.
Do nothing. Get nothing.... or get what you deserve anyway......

Exactly. And we certainly did get it.

one also has to give some blame to the media that lies to the people, a lot, all the time.

No. The "media" is just a collection of businesses in the business of selling soap. They sell soap by making people watch, so they put on what the people want to watch. If they told us the truth, we'd turn the channel to a show (an apt term) that told us the lies we want to hear. It is all us. We are lied to because the only thing we will listen to are lies.

THe idea the people are pure creatures of logic, that are motivated solely by self interest is nonsense.

If you doubt the leftist media bias then you are lying to yourself.

An excellent example to demonstrate my point. Thank you.

Not really. If the media was dominated by conservatives, would you believe that their pure self interest would lead them to suppress their biases?

Yes. You need to step back from what you have been told to think and do a little research of your own. Begin by looking into just who actually owns the media. Get past the talking heads who just read the script.

"Owns"? Don't be silly. The bean counters don't care about content. They just count the beans coming in.

As they don't have anything to compare it to, they are satisfied with the results the media are generating.

No. The "media" is just a collection of businesses in the business of selling soap. They sell soap by making people watch, so they put on what the people want to watch. If they told us the truth, we'd turn the channel to a show (an apt term) that told us the lies we want to hear. It is all us. We are lied to because the only thing we will listen to are lies.

THe idea the people are pure creatures of logic, that are motivated solely by self interest is nonsense.

Not really. If the media was dominated by conservatives, would you believe that their pure self interest would lead them to suppress their biases?

Yes. You need to step back from what you have been told to think and do a little research of your own. Begin by looking into just who actually owns the media. Get past the talking heads who just read the script.

"Owns"? Don't be silly. The bean counters don't care about content. They just count the beans coming in.

As they don't have anything to compare it to, they are satisfied with the results the media are generating.

My point exactly. And they are who dominate the media. As to comparisons, you are kidding... right? They aren't aware of Fox or MSNBC? Please. What matters is ratings and the viewers control the ratings. The media lies because we won't watch anything that isn't a lie.

My point exactly. And they are who dominate the media. As to comparisons, you are kidding... right? They aren't aware of Fox or MSNBC? Please. What matters is ratings and the viewers control the ratings. The media lies because we won't watch anything that isn't a lie.

... because we don't like/want the truth... or because the truth is boring... ?

Personally, I think it is because we are afraid. So the focus is to keep us afraid by telling us what we should be afraid of and then telling us who to blame.

Personally, I think it is because we are afraid. So the focus is to keep us afraid by telling us what we should be afraid of and then telling us who to blame.

Interesting... will have to chew on that for a bit....

Forum List

Back