What do military vetrans, on this site, think about Trump's comments on the Medal of Honor

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
What do military vetrans, on this site, think about Trump's comments on the Medal of Honor?

"Presidential Medal of Freedom is "much better" than the military Medal of Honor."
"“It’s actually much better," because medal of honor receipients are in bad shape or dead

What do military vetrans, on this site, think about Trump's comments on the Medal of Honor?

"Presidential Medal of Freedom is "much better" than the military Medal of Honor."
"“It’s actually much better," because medal of honor receipients are in bad shape or dead

Trump is tone-deaf as regards the veterans in this country. This is not news..he really does think those of us who served are chumps for doing so.
I'd point out that this is not unusual, in some circles.

It is sad that I do get what he is saying, that it is better to win an award and be alive..than give your all for your country and die in so doing.
Trump does not understand this..as the concept of willingly dying for your country totally escapes him.

Again, he is far from the only person who thinks this way.

Lucky we are, as a country, that there are enough of those who are willing to sacrifice for the greater good.

We already know what Trump thinks of veterans, we know what he said about John McCain, and we know about his "suckers and losers" comments, and his refusal to visit an American veterans cemetary in Europe.

Most veterans who support Trump are the kind of people who would support this man regardless of his comments and disrespect of American veterans. Those veterans will always find a way to justify Trump's disrepect of their own service.

Trump often goes overboard when giving out awards to people he likes. This silly statement should not be construed to imply that Trump does not respect the Armed Forces and the people to risk their lives to defend our freedoms.

I disagree. I think that it should be construed as exactly that...Trump does not respect the Armed forces..and, by and large, the leadership of our military does not respect him.
Remember how President Trump got along with his generals and admirals?

Not well at all..in fact, they conspired to freeze him out of the decision loops and with-held information from him.
Look for four more years of that..if Trump is elected.

Last edited:

says everything about trumps priorities.

the widow adelson is a hero to trump because she is his donor, gives to him.

the medal of honor winners, on the other hand, are losers who jump on grenades for reasons other than for his amusement and gratification.

Aren't they better off? It was a throw away comment by Trump but nothing escapes Media Matters that analyzes and spins every word the former president utters. Forget it, we know Trump is a patriot and Harris is a freaking commie.

As someone who is retired military, knowing that Trump never spent one day in the military, my opinion as to the statement is simply, "he is entitled to his own opinion." That doesn't deter me from voting for him. Better Trump than the political party that is no longer the party of JFK, who I respected when he was in office. Also, I was satisfied with Trump's performance while in office. He's not a polished speaker, but actually did most of the things he said he was going to do.

We already know what Trump thinks of veterans, we know what he said about John McCain, and we know about his "suckers and losers" comments, and his refusal to visit an American veterans cemetary in Europe.

Most veterans who support Trump are the kind of people who would support this man regardless of his comments and disrespect of American veterans. Those veterans will always find a way to justify Trump's disrepect of their own service.
Trumps comments were about Mccain personally after he stabbed him in the back by voting for Obamacare.

The second is a hoax that has been refuted many times.

Trump has massive support among the military and veterans. You are in denial.

I disagree. I think that it should be construed as exactly that...Trump does not respect the Armed forces..and, by and large, the leadership of our military does not respect him.

Not well at all..in fact, they conspired to freeze him out of the decision loops and with-held information from him.
No. those generals and admirals will immediately retire because they were appointed by Biden. It happens any time a President changes.

P01135809 sure has your fooled.
Seems you know nothing about military service just has P01135809 knows nothing about military service or commitment.
Keep hanging your beliefs on the convicted felon.
Hopefully anyone that you may be related to that has military service in their background tells you one day.

Aren't they better off? It was a throw away comment by Trump but nothing escapes Media Matters that analyzes and spins every word the former president utters. Forget it, we know Trump is a patriot and Harris is a freaking commie.

Then....why attack his military service.
It sure seems that anyone voting or thinking of voting for P01135809 the convicted criminal will and can defend anything he says or does.

Trumps comments were about Mccain personally after he stabbed him in the back by voting for Obamacare.

I’m not sure what he said but I can tell you one thing.

If they are Trump supporters (the veterans), they agree 100% with what he said.

I'm a veteran, and I don't believe Trump disrespects my service.

I do know, however, that Democrats hate me. I'm a potential domestic terrorist.

His intent was not to throw the Military under the bus, but to use dry humor to say its better because you dont have to die to get it.

Too easy for people to get their panties in a wad these days.

To the extent that any veteran takes this sort of information into consideration when casting his vote, that veteran would NEVER vote for a Democrat.

Recent Democrat Presidents have done more to demean and dilute our Armed Forces than anyone since Jimmy Carter. DEI directives, wimmin in combat, openly-gay service people, trans people serving according to their chosen gender...We vets know this is all bullshit and harmful, which is why these fukkers can never meet their recruiting goals. They use the Services as incubators for their pet ideologies.

Does anyone really think a vet is going to vote for Kamala fucking Harris because Trump made this silly remark? Gimmeafukkinbreak.

Those generals and admirals were Obama lackeys. Their oath was to Obama, not the Constitution.

I guess you missed Trump’s comments disparaging Medal of Honor recipients because they were dead or shot up

My God…

Forum List

Back