What do right wingers think Putin is going to do in Syria?

R

rdean

Remember what happened in Afghanistan after Russians invaded. They got their asses kicked. Muslims don't like Russians. Why are Republicans freaking out?

You're living in the 80's. Muslims have been warming up to the bear for quite a few years now. Both sides are using each other.

I'm not freaking out. Anyone who wants to kill radical Muslims is fine with me.

Syria isn't Afghanistan......different terrain......different people. ...... :cool:

Syria isn't Afghanistan......different terrain......different people. ...... :cool:

Putin wasn't in charge during Afghanistan either. He has a different mindset....he won't be bound by stupid rules of engagement either. If you fight a war fuck rules

Russia is not invading Syria. Russia and Iran are assisting Assad in putting down a rebellion. Did Russia have a muslim ally when it invaded Afghanistan?

They think Putin will run in bare chested to save the world. They'll imagine him making love to them afterwards.

Let's put it this way, Putin has military planes deployed with air to air missiles. who would they be aimed at?

The afghan people have been fighting invaders for countless generations....it's basically their national sport. It is said that an afghan baby is born with a gun in his hand.

Whereas, the syrian people are a literate and cultured people; and don't have the warrior's ethos like the afghans. ....... :cool:

Remember what happened in Afghanistan after Russians invaded. They got their asses kicked. Muslims don't like Russians. Why are Republicans freaking out?
Russia has been supporting Iran and Syria for decades. What do I think will happen? I think Assad will continue to slaughter Syrians with Russia's help.

I think some right wingnuts will fellate Putin for being such a manly man for keeping a mass murderer in power.

You guys don't get it...

It's war games, it's Nam' Russia wants to know the USA air games...

It's easy to see.

Syria is a win-win for Putin (not Russians or Russian soldiers).

1. Putin is pissing on Obama's shoes and laughing in his face and Obama appears helpless. To further ridicule Obama, Putin is allied with Iran who is also determined to keep Assad in power. That historic treaty between the US and Iran is increasingly not worth the paper it was written on.
2. Continuing fighting in Syria will add strain on the EU in the form of continuing waves of refugees.

By going into to Syria Putin has in effect hit back at both the US and the EU for the sanctions imposed on Russia.

There is no downside for Putin personally because he launched a decree that makes the death of all Russian soldiers classified state secrets during war as well as in peace. He keeps/reinforces better relations with both Syria and Iran, and maintains a naval base in the Med.

Putin is a piece of shit but he certainly is an able adversary.

Last edited:
They way you guys keep dreaming up all these "international relationships is truly bizarre.

Forum List

Back