What Do You Do About Lost Car Keys?

Depending on car, you might have to take your vin number and title to the dealership. That sucks, too.. They are like 50-100 $$$

`
`

I blame my kids until I remember where I put them.

I told my kid as soon as he was old enough to understand;

If anything goes wrong in the household, it is your fault because you are the youngest, so you best make sure everything runs smoothly. :badgrin:

My wife lost the keys to her car this evening. She swears she had them in her pants pocket while at the gym and then when she was changing and put her pants back on they were gone. We thought we had a spare set, but if we do we can't find those either.

Has anyone dealt with this situation before? I'm guessing if we call the dealership in the morning they can have another key made, right?
I've always had a policy of having a spare key made, and then have it placed in a spot or with a relative where I can't get at in unless in case of emergency.

Recently, I bought a used car, and it only came with one key, it is one of those electronic keys, it sucks.

I hate all these cars made after 2000. Electronics in cars blow.

Thinkin' of moving north, ditchin the car all together and just gettin a horse. :laugh:

Then I'll not have to deal with keys are 'lectronics.

My mom's car you don't even need a key, you just put in a code to unlock the door, and if you unlocked the door? Well, it's your car, so all you to is push the button to start it.

I think that is how it works. All I know is they don't have a key for it, not their new one anyway.

My wife lost the keys to her car this evening. She swears she had them in her pants pocket while at the gym and then when she was changing and put her pants back on they were gone. We thought we had a spare set, but if we do we can't find those either.

Has anyone dealt with this situation before? I'm guessing if we call the dealership in the morning they can have another key made, right?
Keep looking. You'll probably find them in the last place you look.

They have those little discs you can put on your keychain and track your keys through an app on your phone

>

I have a fundamental belief that people are good people at heart.

I used one of those Dog Tag printing machines (military type) to print my cell phone number on the tag and then put it on my key ring.

If I drop my keys a good Samaritan can call.

We also did the same thing with our dog, printed a tag with our last name and cell phone for her collar.

>>>>

A lifetime ago I went out on a date, at the service station I managed to lock us out of my car. Yeah, embarrassing.

I've carried two sets on my person ever since. Plus I have an extra set in the house.

I bought a GPS "tile" for my keys. I probably should have one for my wallet and my phone.

Forum List

Back