What do you grow?

Tomatoes: Brandywine, Prudens Purple, Mortgage Lifter RC, Cherokee Purple, Black Krim, Constuluto Genevece, Sungold.
Peppers: Jalepeno, Biker Billy, Thai Hot, Good As Gold, Sweet Heat, King Auther, and a big long curved variety?
Fortex Beans, German Giant Radish, Bulls Breath Beets, Crooked neck, and Summer Squash, some large pea variety.

Japanese eggplant
tomatoes
basil
rosemary
peppers
tomatillos
tarragon
Golden delicious apples
black berries

Gladiolas
hostas
hibiscus
roses
Marigolds
mums
lillies
Iris
hycinth
tulips
violets
daffodils
elephant ears
native grasses
black eyed susans
Echinacea
scarlet bee balm
Azaleas
forsythia
foxglove
purple morning glories
orchids and calla lily inside

Last edited:
YAY! I have another tomato sprouting! LOL!

Jeez, what a flop these have been!

Did you mean tomato plant, or tomato?

Did you fertilize the dirt, and are you watering often? When I lived up north my tomatoes were kinda late coming in - and then summer was over! I did grow some nice pumpkins, though.

Did you fertilize the dirt, and are you watering often? When I lived up north my tomatoes were kinda late coming in - and then summer was over! I did grow some nice pumpkins, though.

Yep, tomato. Now I have TWO more!

I fertilized, watered, the whole 9 yards. I guess these just don't do well in containers.

Yep, tomato. Now I have TWO more!

I fertilized, watered, the whole 9 yards. I guess these just don't do well in containers.

I've never had luck with tomatoes in containers, although I know some people that do quite well with them. I probably end up watering them to death.

Apples Pears,planting,grapes and plum treas this fall,three kins of tomatoes, cukes,summer squash,yellow and green beans,sunflowers,broccoli,three kinds of lettuce. Next year we have plans to more than triple the garden,adding potatoes,corn,sweet potatoes,more cukes,for pickles.w e live in the NE,so our growing season is coming to an end soon.We almost always get a frost in late Sept,and that ends it,unless you cover.

Apples Pears,planting,grapes and plum treas this fall,three kins of tomatoes, cukes,summer squash,yellow and green beans,sunflowers,broccoli,three kinds of lettuce. Next year we have plans to more than triple the garden,adding potatoes,corn,sweet potatoes,more cukes,for pickles.w e live in the NE,so our growing season is coming to an end soon.We almost always get a frost in late Sept,and that ends it,unless you cover.

You sound like a very serious gardener. I might just grow cucumbers and tomatoes next year, I really don't like spending that much time weeding, watering and tending such a big garden. I end up getting too many vegetables that I can't use and end up giving them away.

However, tomatoes, I never get tired of them. I froze some, made salsa, ate raw and used them in salads all summer. I love them.

You sound like a very serious gardener. I might just grow cucumbers and tomatoes next year, I really don't like spending that much time weeding, watering and tending such a big garden. I end up getting too many vegetables that I can't use and end up giving them away.

However, tomatoes, I never get tired of them. I froze some, made salsa, ate raw and used them in salads all summer. I love them.

We love fresh food,and put a lot up for winter,we don't weed much,MULCH is the key.

We love fresh food,and put a lot up for winter,we don't weed much,MULCH is the key.

I tried hay, but clump grass was coming up anyway, maybe I'll try mulch - but I still just want a small variety.

Is it inside or outside?
Is it in pots or in the ground?
Is it flowers or veggies?
Is it shrubs...flowering or just greenery?
Anyone grow fruits? Trees or bush fruits or canes?
In what area of the country are you gardening?

The majority of my gardening is outside. I live in the S.E. so I can grow nearly year round as our ground never freezes. I have some potted things on our front porch & a few scattered in the yard but most things are planted in the ground here.
I grow a bit of everything...veggies, perennial flowers & shrubs, annual flowers, have some lemon trees currently (planning more fruit trees soon), have both wild blackberries and wild blueberries on our property.

So what do the rest of you grow and how and what area?

Cactus. And just about anything else that grows...

DSCF0700ed20_zpsb7cea2f0.jpg

:cool:

I really dig your garden gnome.

I have a backyard garden. I grow fruit trees and vegetables.

My vegetable list:
lettuce, carrots, spinach cabbage, broccoli, and strawberries.

I also have a couple of Japanese Maple.

Fall season is coming!

My vegetable list:

Fall season is coming!

You don't grow any tomatoes? How un-American! :)

My vegetable list:

Fall season is coming!

You don't grow any tomatoes? How un-American! :)

Of course I do. But not this season.
I usually grow tomatoes mid-February. That's the perfect time to begin planting here in my area.
Oh yeah, I noticed it's not on my list.:dig:

I had a disastrous garden this year. By late June we here in east Tennessee we had already had nearly 50" of rain ... and while that's great for bushes, it "ain't worth a hoot" for the actual vegetables. I did ok on tomatoes and okra, but my squash, cucumbers, watermelons and cantelopes got completely hosed. The bushes and vines began dying way early ... the leaves appeared to be stricken with blight or something ... and then, poof. Dead and gone.

Ironically it was one of my best efforts in years. Too bad I chose this year to work my rear end off for nothing.

Such are the risks of gardening I suppose.

Forum List

Back