What do you have?

ding

Confront reality
Oct 25, 2016
Houston
I have a soul and I have my faith. These two things give me strength, courage and peace. That is good enough for me.

What do you have?

Last edited:
One needs to translate soul and faith in to doing good in the Lord's name, ding.

You are on personal indifference for the rest of this thread.

What sustains me and why. Faith that there is something or someone far greater than me. My raison d'etre comes on wings.

When it is minus 20C degrees and my teeny tiny chickadees come to my feeder or when my hummingbirds return year after year for the nectar of my delphiniums I know there must be a higher level at work here.

:)

What sustains me and why. Faith that there is something or someone far greater than me. My raison d'etre comes on wings.

When it is minus 20C degrees and my teeny tiny chickadees come to my feeder or when my hummingbirds return year after year for the nectar of my delphiniums I know there must be a higher level at work here.

Well, either that, or they are creatures of instinct and habit, and they remember where the food was last time.

I have a soul and I have my faith. These two things give me strength, courage and peace. That is good enough for me.

What do you have?
I also have strength, courage and peace, but without all the fake nonsense you need to prop up your life.

I have the physiology that allows sentient thought which people often mistake for a soul

One needs to translate soul and faith in to doing good in the Lord's name, ding.

You are on personal indifference for the rest of this thread.
Your answer doesn't fit the Protestant or Catholic worldview. We are called to worship in spirit and truth, I don't believe you do either. I am not indifferent to your behaviors.

Well, either that, or they are creatures of instinct and habit, and they remember where the food was last time.
It is a little bigger than that. Something from nothing, incredible order from chaos, cause and effect (i.e. purpose and reason) and the unending march of complexity towards the ultimate product of Creation.

What do you have?
I also have strength, courage and peace, but without all the fake nonsense you need to prop up your life.
Where does that come from and what happens when that fails you?

What do you have?
Life is all about success and failures, and a made up invisible friend won't alter that.

What do you have?
Life is all about success and failures, and a made up invisible friend won't alter that.
Actually life is not all about success and failure. Life is about becoming the best version of you that you can be. Along the way you will have learned that virtue is the greatest organizing principle and naturally leads to success in everything including business but especially relationships which are really the most important thing in one's life. Failure comes from failed behaviors which you would be an expert on if only you were objective and learned from them. There will never be anything good enough for you. You will continually push success over the cognitive horizon. It is your nature and it is obvious that it is your nature.

What do you have?
Actually life is not all about success and failure. Life is about becoming the best version of you that you can be. Along the way you will have learned that virtue is the greatest organizing principle and naturally leads to success in everything including business but especially relationships which are really the most important thing in one's life. Failure comes from failed behaviors which you would be an expert on if only you were objective and learned from them. There will never be anything good enough for you. You will continually push success over the cognitive horizon. It is your nature and it is obvious that it is your nature.
Good people who've learned the proper lessons... fail all the time, in business, in relationships, in life... Nothing is as black and white as you make it seem to be. You can be the best person possible and still get cancer, still fail at business...

Forum List

Back