CDZ What do you think is the biggest problem in society today?

I never said they are causing families to break up. Liar.
You sure spent a lot of time on gay people not to be claiming that.

The breakdown of the nuclear family and acceptance of queerdom as "normal.". That used to be shameful and abhorrent, now its becoming acceptable. Two parents, one mommy, one daddy, has worked for a long time. Gay men help spread the deadly AIDS virus, as it is passed along at a much higher rate among gay men then the general population. Gays only make up, at most, 3% of the population. Why are they on half of the TV shows?

Like I said, you don't understand what you're reading. No where in there did I say that queers are CAUSING A BREAKUP OF THE NUCLEAR FAMILY. I said that accepting gay families as normal is breaking down what the normal nuclear family used to be.

I'm sorry, sometimes I type on a college level. I have to remember who I'm talking to on here.

Asc. shouldn't be posting in here. He did the same thing in a CDZ thread yesterday. He posts unrelated nonsense, then says people have made claims that they haven't made. It's because he doesn't understand and can't communicate, you're dead on.
I see your angry because I called you on your claims and lies yesterday. I didnt want to embarrass you but you kept telling the same lie until I exposed you.

You need to just leave. You continually make claims I never made.

Quote me where I said "gays are causing the breakup of the nuclear family." Do that or I'm reporting you for off topic/flaming/trolling in CDZ.

The breakdown of the nuclear family and acceptance of queerdom as "normal.". That used to be shameful and abhorrent, now its becoming acceptable. Two parents, one mommy, one daddy, has worked for a long time. Gay men help spread the deadly AIDS virus, as it is passed along at a much higher rate among gay men then the general population. Gays only make up, at most, 3% of the population. Why are they on half of the TV shows?

Like I said, you don't understand what you're reading. No where in there did I say that queers are CAUSING A BREAKUP OF THE NUCLEAR FAMILY. I said that accepting gay families as normal is breaking down what the normal nuclear family used to be.

I'm sorry, sometimes I type on a college level. I have to remember who I'm talking to on here.

I understand what you are saying. You are not blaming gays. You are blaming policies and attitudes related to gays. I get that while some will be unable to grasp the difference between those two things.

I do disagree.that accepting gay as normal is a bad thing I rather think homosexuality is possibly a disorder or exception to the norm because as yet there is no known gene pool for it. But whether natural or exception, it doesn't matter. I do believe people are usually born gay as opposed to choosing it for a lifestyle and as such they are just plain folks liiving with a condition that is not typical of the general population as a whole. It is neither good nor evil. It just is.

And while I do believe society needs to accommodate gay couples and provide necessary protections and ability to fully function as equals in society, I do believe it is harmful to force people to change the definition of marriage. You cannot change the defitnition of marriage without changing what marriage is and is intended to be. And ultimately I believe that will escalate a deterioration of marriage as a norm for people, will escalate the number of children who will grow up without benefit of stable homes with a mom and dad present--something that is beneficial to straight and gay kids alike. And I think that will result in significant changes in society as a whole that will not be a good thing.

But all this fits within the goals and M.O. of the permanent political class in Washington. They don't really care about any negative consequences of what they do. By reordering society, they benefit themselves in huge ways. And we just keep letting them do it.

I understand what you are saying. You are not blaming gays. You are blaming policies and attitudes related to gays. I get that while some will be unable to grasp the difference between those two things.

I do disagree.that accepting gay as normal is a bad thing I rather think homosexuality is possibly a disorder or exception to the norm because as yet there is no known gene pool for it. But whether natural or exception, it doesn't matter. I do believe people are usually born gay as opposed to choosing it for a lifestyle and as such they are just plain folks liiving with a condition that is not typical of the general population as a whole. It is neither good nor evil. It just is.

And while I do believe society needs to accommodate gay couples and provide necessary protections and ability to fully function as equals in society, I do believe it is harmful to force people to change the definition of marriage. You cannot change the defitnition of marriage without changing what marriage is and is intended to be. And ultimately I believe that will escalate a deterioration of marriage as a norm for people, will escalate the number of children who will grow up without benefit of stable homes with a mom and dad present--something that is beneficial to straight and gay kids alike. And I think that will result in significant changes in society as a whole that will not be a good thing.

But all this fits within the goals and M.O. of the permanent political class in Washington. They don't really care about any negative consequences of what they do. By reordering society, they benefit themselves in huge ways. And we just keep letting them do it.

Largely because people are too afraid to speak out against anything. You did it right there..you won't actually say that homosexuality has a negative impact on society...and you dance around the issue, while bemoaning the fact that "we just keep letting them do it".

Yes, we...you...do.

Morality is a good thing. We need to encourage it, and discourage immorality..and that means sex outside of marriage...and it means we shouldn't stand and let the term *marriage* be used to legitimize a lot of REALLY immoral behavior.

Quote me where I said "gays are causing the breakup of the nuclear family." Do that or I'm reporting you for off topic/flaming/trolling in CDZ.
Go ahead and report me. I already quoted you. I'm not going to do it twice.

What are your thoughts?
What do you think are the biggest problems affecting our society today, whether they be social, political, economic or otherwise? Why?
Personally I vote for
Impatience. People expect instant gratification.

P.S. I could elaborate but I'm too lazy to type it all out.
Assholes

Largely because people are too afraid to speak out against anything. You did it right there..you won't actually say that homosexuality has a negative impact on society...and you dance around the issue, while bemoaning the fact that "we just keep letting them do it".

Yes, we...you...do.

Morality is a good thing. We need to encourage it, and discourage immorality..and that means sex outside of marriage...and it means we shouldn't stand and let the term *marriage* be used to legitimize a lot of REALLY immoral behavior.

I won't say that homosexuality has a negative impact on society because I don't believe it does. I haven't seen that it does. I dearly love some people who are bright, compassionate, creative, productive people who have been great friends. The fact that they also happen to be gay just isn't an issue for me.

I cannot and won't say a person is sinner because he or she was born the way they were born. It is what people choose to DO that is harmful to themselves and/or others that makes them sinners. Not simply being who and what they are.

I believe it is wrong to demand that the definition of marriage be changed. It is even sinful if you can see and understand the harm that changing that defintion does. But to equate that with it being sinful to be gay? I can't do that.

You quoted him, but not saying what you said he said.

You shouldn't be here.

Yes, we...you...do.

I won't say that homosexuality has a negative impact on society because I don't believe it does. I haven't seen that it does. I dearly love some people who are bright, compassionate, creative, productive people who have been great friends. The fact that they also happen to be gay just isn't an issue for me.

I cannot and won't say a person is sinner because he or she was born the way they were born. It is what people choose to DO that is harmful to themselves and/or others that makes them sinners. Not simply being who and what they are.

I believe it is wrong to demand that the definition of marriage be changed. It is even sinful if you can see and understand the harm that changing that defintion does. But to equate that with it being sinful to be gay? I can't do that.

Everybody is a sinner. And adultery is a sin.

Like I said, you claim that the reordering of society is a mistake, then you refuse to actually concede that what it's being reordered to justify is wrong.

You shouldn't be here.
Well I'm here so there is not much you can do about that. I quoted him saying something that means gays are breaking up the nuclear family.

Yes, we...you...do.

Like I said, you claim that the reordering of society is a mistake, then you refuse to actually concede that what it's being reordered to justify is wrong.

Yep. Everybody is a sinner, but my definition of sin is that which is harmful to oneself or others whether or not that harm is intended. And I believe the sins of the fathers are visited among the children for many generations as the Bible says. 'Fathers' of course is interpreted as all of us. Future generations will experience the consequences of what we do, good and bad, now just as we have experienced the consequences of all those who have gone before.

I have not mentioned adultery and don't see how that factors into the argument I have been making in any way.

My argument is that being gay and being sinful are two separate things.

You shouldn't be here.
Well I'm here so there is not much you can do about that. I quoted him saying something that means gays are breaking up the nuclear family.

No, you didn't. YOu don't understand what you're reading. You should stick to the actual words that are written, instead of *assigning* alternate meanings to them, and then arguing what you THINK they meant.

You shouldn't be here.

No, you didn't. YOu don't understand what you're reading. You should stick to the actual words that are written, instead of *assigning* alternate meanings to them, and then arguing what you THINK they meant.
Yes I did. I read just fine or I wouldnt be able to read your post. I didnt assign a meaning. If he meant to say something else then he did a poor job of expressing it.

Yes, we...you...do.

Yep. Everybody is a sinner, but my definition of sin is that which is harmful to oneself or others whether or not that harm is intended. And I believe the sins of the fathers are visited among the children for many generations as the Bible says. 'Fathers' of course is interpreted as all of us. Future generations will experience the consequences of what we do, good and bad, now just as we have experienced the consequences of all those who have gone before.

I have not mentioned adultery and don't see how that factors into the argument I have been making in any way.

Biblically speaking they aren't, but okay.

I still maintain that what you show, an appalling reluctance to actually identify a behavior as immoral, is our #1 problem in this country. It's how progressives gain power, and it's how they've gained power.

Yes, we...you...do.

I still maintain that what you show, an appalling reluctance to actually identify a behavior as immoral, is our #1 problem in this country. It's how progressives gain power, and it's how they've gained power.

I don't disagree that progressivism as it is pushed by the Permanent Political Class is our #1 problem. I just disagree that being born gay is a sin. Each to their own.

Yes, we...you...do.

Dont use the bible to assign sin. Its not even the authority on what sin is. Its just a book christians use as a guideline.

The reason progressivism is being pushed down our throats is because we refuse to say no to them. And when we accommodate them, we give them power.

When you refuse to acknowe

Yes, we...you...do.

Dont use the bible to assign sin. Its not even the authority on what sin is. Its just a book christians use as a guideline.

:eusa_eh:

What are your thoughts?
What do you think are the biggest problems affecting our society today, whether they be social, political, economic or otherwise? Why?
Personally I vote for
Impatience. People expect instant gratification.

P.S. I could elaborate but I'm too lazy to type it all out.
Moral character. Too many are lacking in empathy, courage, fortitude, honesty, loyalty. Too many exhibit bad behaviors of all types. Too many are addicted by bad habits. Too many are unwilling to work to improve themselves. Too many are dependent on too few.

The root word of progressivism is progress. Just saying.
commprop.jpg

Forum List

Back