🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What DOES the US Fed. Govt do Well?

The Post Office funds itself.

That's why it's broke. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
its broke because they wont let them make a profit.....

No, it's broke because technology is making them extinct. It's also broke because nobody there seems to give a shit when problems arise.

Maybe it is just you? I have zero complaints about the post office.

I won't deny that you don't. But how would it be just me? I'm not imagining that other peoples mail ends up in my mailbox. I'm not imagining that I have to go to the proper apartment to do the job they didn't do. I'm not imagining that I get threatening letters from my lending institution because they didn't get my check. So what am I doing wrong?
like i said ray it sounds like you dont have regular carrier,if you do the guy sucks....

i have read your bullshit....i think you have way more issues than me.....you hate anyone who doesnt agree with you....i aint no where near that...

No I just hate liars, the left and RINO's for example.
thats people who dont agree with you...to HATE all of them means you have issues.....way more than me....

Your issues are clouding your thinking, return when you have healed.
thats the best you got?.....thats as bad as a lefty....

I don't even know you or remember reading any of your posts prior to today yet you seem filled with hate. Go have a cold brew and chill out.
if you dont know me how do you know im filled with hate?.....yet you have said many a time you hate lefties.....maybe you should take your own advice....

They run social programs very well and provide a safety net to many who need it.
Like he VA hospital? Post office?
Dude, the waste alone from those programs could probably get everyone out of the street.
There is a difference between doing something and doing something well.

It's supposed to be that way
yea i know i worked there....

Like he VA hospital? Post office?
Dude, the waste alone from those programs could probably get everyone out of the street.
There is a difference between doing something and doing something well.

which is why I use UPS and Fed Ex
Better service better pricing because they actually have to care about their customers the Post office doesnt
better pricing?.....i think thats pretty debatable....and i had many people over the years on my route complaining about the "better" service they got at UPS and Fedx....talking to the drivers on my route from the two....it seems they have quite a few problems on the delivery side themselves....

No I just hate liars, the left and RINO's for example.
thats people who dont agree with you...to HATE all of them means you have issues.....way more than me....

I don't even know you or remember reading any of your posts prior to today yet you seem filled with hate. Go have a cold brew and chill out.
if you dont know me how do you know im filled with hate?.....yet you have said many a time you hate lefties.....maybe you should take your own advice....

I openly and proudly hate the left, they are a threat to the country. Every last great empire in all of human history has fallen, who took them down? Lying corrupt backstabbing douchebags like the left.

Better service better pricing because they actually have to care about their customers the Post office doesnt
better pricing?.....i think thats pretty debatable....and i had many people over the years on my route complaining about the "better" service they got at UPS and Fedx....talking to the drivers on my route from the two....it seems they have quite a few problems on the delivery side themselves....
Never had a problem with UPS
The Post Office though closes down everyday for a nap with no concern for the needs of the customers

I have yet to see a UPS Store closed at lunch time for a siesta

I openly and proudly hate the left, they are a threat to the country. Every last great empire in all of human history has fallen, who took them down? Lying corrupt backstabbing douchebags like the left.
and assholes like the far right.....there i said what you could not say....

The Post Office though closes down everyday for a nap with no concern for the needs of the customers

every post office i ever worked in never closed for lunch.....so does your PO have 1 clerk working the window?......

every post office i ever worked in never closed for lunch.....so does your PO have 1 clerk working the window?......

There are 4 within driving distance of me and 3 close for a siesta and as far as I can tell more than one person works in all of them but one. And the one with one person doesn't close for siesta she just eats her PB&J during the slow periods of the day.

I never understood the need to sit on your ass for an hour just to eat a sandwich you can eat in 5 minutes.

There are 4 within driving distance of me and 3 close for a siesta and as far as I can tell more than one person works in all of them but one. And the one with one person doesn't close for siesta she just eats her PB&J during the slow periods of the day.

I never understood the need to sit on your ass for an hour just to eat a sandwich you can eat in 5 minutes.
unless there is a sign at the door with their hours and it says they close at lunch....then they dont close...around were i worked none close for lunch,the clerks take turns going....

and assholes like the far right.....there i said what you could not say....

Your liberal babbling is junior high at best.
now im back to being a liberal...last week some lefty called me a righty....you far left and right people are something else,if someone doesnt agree with you on something,they must be on the opposite side of the coin,what else can they be?.....the reason the far left and right are destroying this country,two types of dipshits who only care about themselves and fuck everyone else....

My problem with them is how they handle packages. A few years back I sent a DVD recorder to Panasonic for repair. I took it to the UPS store, and no questions asked. A few weeks later I called Panasonic to get a time frame when they would return it, and they couldn't find the damn thing. Eventually they realized it was in the damaged goods department, and they said the thing was totaled.

They shipped it back to the UPS store and they gave it back to me. Since I insured the thing, I told them they owed me $300.00. The manager said that UPS's claim was that I didn't package it properly. So I asked the manager why would they not advise me if I did not package it correctly when they took the box?

He agreed by the looks of the thing it was badly handled, so he gave me the money and said he would fight it out with UPS. But UPS wanted to fight me all the way.

I know how to package things. I'm a truck driver and I've had my share of freight that was damaged because of how it was shipped. I made sure nothing was going to happen to that unit. I'll never ship anything like that with UPS again. They damaged the product, I bought the insurance, and they didn't want to pay up. The reason I bought the insurance is because I've seen how their drivers handle packages many times.

No, it's broke because technology is making them extinct. It's also broke because nobody there seems to give a shit when problems arise.

I won't deny that you don't. But how would it be just me? I'm not imagining that other peoples mail ends up in my mailbox. I'm not imagining that I have to go to the proper apartment to do the job they didn't do. I'm not imagining that I get threatening letters from my lending institution because they didn't get my check. So what am I doing wrong?
like i said ray it sounds like you dont have regular carrier,if you do the guy sucks....

He really sucks. You don't have to be a regular carrier to match the names of the mail with the names on the mailbox.

No. The reason it is broke is the federal government requiring it to pre-fund all of the employee retirement benefits, something it requires of no other government organization or private business.

Yes, that's true, but only to make sure it isn't a problem for the taxpayer down the road if they need a rescue.

The PO is their own worst enemy. So many times when they lost my mail I was tempted (or actually did) start paying more of my bills online. Last week I complained about the carrier putting one of my tenants mail in my mailbox. All the mailboxes are clearly marked with the tenants name, but the lazy SOB doesn't want to walk to the next unit to put his mail in the proper box. The woman said she would contact the carrier, and it was fine for about three days. After that, the same shit.

Today I went down there to see if they could trace an envelope I sent two weeks ago where the agent stated they never got it. It had very personal information in it such as my pay stubs, my income tax returns, my insurance companies and so on. They said without the receipt (that I lost) they couldn't do a thing even though the envelope had to be signed for. I should have Fed-Ex'd it.
sounds like you dont have a regular....if you do the person sucks.....

Irrelevant. How regular do you have to be to put the mail in the proper mailbox? I can teach an 8 year old how to do that. Just look at the name on the envelope, match it to the name on the mailbox, and like magic, the mail is properly delivered.
yea it is relevant...a regular carrier who has been on the route awhile knows where everyone is names or not on the boxes and can do his route,usually, in 8,most of them anyway,the reserves are pushed to get done in 8 hours and then go help carry routes that are down,because not enough carriers and if you are on routes you dont know,you can fuck up real easy......and that letter that was "lost" they should have been able to find it, if it was certified....and fedx fucks up too,i have seen that quite a bit on my route...

What I was hoping for is that they could cross reference it somehow if I provided the address I sent it to. She told me there was no way to do that, nor could I do it on the USPS internet site. She said if I don't have the tracking number, I'm just screwed. Since it had to have a signature, I assumed they could just punch in the address somehow and see how many letters were sent that needed a signature, and then work from there.

NaziCons act like they would prefer government be turned over to corporations. Should we just scrap the Constitution and privatize everything? I don't think that's what the founding fathers had in mind. Nothing works right if it's bastardized. We need to de-bastardize our government.

No, what government is supposed to provide the people is listed in the US Constitution. Bank and automobile bailouts, Cash for Clunkers, solar panel subsidies are not in there.

OMG the irony, what do you think the government does with those funds? Fine, your new name is Gomer Pile.

The SS Trust Fund INVESTS that revenue and earns about 100 billion in interest every year.

Which is about 3% a year. Not much to brag about and certainly individual investors (if they had that money) could do much better for themselves.

If American workers made a livable wage wouldn't we have higher contributions?

What does that have to do with anything? If we paid workers enough money, they could have a penthouse suite in a high rise as well.

If we want these programs, we have to fund them. You can't live longer and longer and expect to pay the same percentage of your pay into the program when the payouts keep getting higher. If you want to keep SS, let the contributions increase every year to provide what it's supposed to. Same with Medicare.

If you have increased income you pay more FICA. I'm in favor of removing the Republican established FICA cap.

That's the most ridiculous argument I've heard thus far for increasing wages. You need your wages increased? Do it yourself. Don't depend on government to do something that you should be doing for yourself.

NaziCons act like they would prefer government be turned over to corporations. Should we just scrap the Constitution and privatize everything? I don't think that's what the founding fathers had in mind. Nothing works right if it's bastardized. We need to de-bastardize our government.

Straw man.. Not a matter of Privatizing or not. At the very top of the problem solving is what the Feds should be be FOCUSED on. Some things they should NEVER touch. Like picking winners/losers in the marketplace. Or subsidizing ANYTHING (or paying for research on) that already EXISTS in the marketplace.

Too many distractions, too broad a scope. The BLM doesn't NEED all that land. Nobody wanted it -- give it BACK to the Indian Tribes if you can't sell it.. Fed govt doesn't need to OWN 70% of the Western USA..

So keep your strawmen at home and figure out what it is that the Fed Govt SHOULD focus on and how to get them to SERIOUSLY problem solve and manage those issues professionally.

You ask ANY major enviro group who they trust more as stewards of critical land. ---- The US Forest Service/BLM or the Nature Conservancy -- what do YOU think the overwhelming response is?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Seriously. Is there ANYTHING that they do as well as you might want or expect? Even those things that ARE their PRIMARY Constitutional Duties.. Like the organization and the production of Congress. Or immigration and borders. Or assuring fair and legal elections? Even the maintenance and use of the Military -- which was NOT envisioned in the Constitution as a "standing army"..

And of the stuff that leadership has GRABBED the power to dabble in -- like picking winners and losers in the marketplace, or our new 9/11 domestic spying operation or even the operation of the IRS as an ENFORCEMENT arm of health care policy.

Why is it that so people tend to look to the Feds to micromanage every detail of life. Because WASH is full of the "best and brightest" humble, yet brilliant problem-solvers qualified to fix stuff efficiently and KEEP it fixed?

Ever see ONE Cong. Hearing that resolved anything at all?

Give me examples of WHY folks believe the Fed Govt deserves to keep EXPANDING it's control, it's budget, and it's EFFECT on our lives. The health of the country is suffering over POWER BATTLES for control of this Swampy Monster. It MUST BE just pricelessly IMPORTANT ---- RIGHT???

They tax the living shit out of us for crappy domestic programs.

-Geaux

You mean like roadways and fire/police services, etc. None of which you use?

We were talking about the federal government here. Fire and police are funded by the city or town. Most of the roadways are funded by the state.

States, counties, and cities receive federal funds for such.

Some do and some don't. What we really need to do is have cities and states fund themselves, that way there would be no dependency on the federal government. Lower our taxes for the federal government and increase taxes for local governments.

Attitude perhaps? :D

Pay bills on-line. Most of the time you get instant confirmation that they got paid.

Well, you are correct there. But as I said earlier, it's the Post Office that's killing the Post Office.

POSTAL SERVICES SEEKS CHANGES
The Postal Service said it had made "significant cost reductions in areas within its control" by 2011 but claimed it needed Congress to approve several other measures to boost its financial outlook.

Those measures include eliminating mandated retiree health benefit pre-payments; forcing the federal government to return Civil Service Retirement System and Federal Employee Retirement System overpayments to the Postal Service and allowing the Postal Service to determine the frequency of mail delivery.

POSTAL SERVICE NET INCOME/LOSS BY YEAR
  • 2011 - $5.1 billion loss
  • 2010 - $8.5 billion loss
  • 2009 - $3.8 billion loss
  • 2008 - $2.8 billion loss
  • 2007 - $5.1 billion loss
  • 2006 - $900 million surplus
  • 2005 - $1.4 billion surplus
  • 2004 - $3.1 billion surplus
  • 2003 - $3.9 billion surplus
  • 2002 - $676 million loss
  • 2001 - $1.7 billion loss
Why Does the Us Postal Service Lose Move Every Year?

Isn't that what I said?

Where does the billions of dollars in losses come from? That would be we, the tax payer. That is NOT self-supporting.

Forum List

Back