What Does "Top Talent" Think about Working in States that Ban Abortion?

Texas is an armpit. I wouldn’t move there for anything. I am top talent.

Texas has pockets of worthy. Austin has a cool music scene & I was out last Fall to DFW to see a client. Thankfully they actually have food other than bbq. :eek2yum:

Most people don't support late term abortions without significant restrictions and, just to be factual - late term abortions are very rare and usually due to the health/life of the mother or severe birth defects.

Most people may not support late term abortion but Joe Biden does. The Democratic Party does. California does. Texas, it seems, does not.

Yes, I imagine taking a life is traumatizing.

I've known a few women who have admitted to me that they had abortions and, in every case, it was followed by serious tears of guilt and shame.

Women who abort commit suicide at a much higher rate than women who have not Teens who kill their babies kill themselves at an even higher rate than adult women. Women who give birth to a live child, on the other hand, commit suicide at a much lower rate. It turns out that not trying to reject their natural maternal instinct yields the happiest life for women - or at least the least suicidal life.

Most people may not support late term abortion but Joe Biden does. The Democratic Party does. California does. Texas, it seems, does not.

Dude, if you’d like to be taken seriously, kindly cite something other than LifeSiteNews :rolleyes-41:

Hardly a representative sample
And no doubt false anyway. If you pay attention, you will find Indeependent is more than happy to invent anecdotes out of thin air for any and every topic. You could be talking about 18th century French poetry, and that guy will tell you he knows several 18th century French poets who all agree with him.

And no doubt false anyway. If you pay attention, you will find Indeependent is more than happy to invent anecdotes out of thin air for any and every topic. You could be talking about 18th century French poetry, and that guy will tell you he knows several 18th century French poets who all agree with him.
You can’t prove that he doesn’t know 18 th century poets.

Explain how it's not. You have one shot before you go on iggie after that monkey bullshit.
No genius. You tell us how it DOES. It's your book report, not ours. (This is where it becomes apparent that you did not even look at your own link)

So?

This is a very interesting study.

I'm sure that the conservatives won't believe it or even click the link but intelligent people will.

Texas and any state that enacts legislation like the one Texas has enacted, are not going to get well educated people to their state. They won't get business to come to their state and they will see people leave their state.

It's very telling, the consequences of passing such laws, people and business won't stand for it.

It's going to cause those red states to fall even farther behind.

From the study:

Data suggest:
  • Large majorities of top talent support abortion access and consider the issue part of gender equity in the workplace;
  • Two-thirds say the Texas ban would discourage them from working in the state;
  • 64% say they would not apply for a job in a state that passed a ban like Texas';
  • About half says they would consider moving out-of-state if their lawmakers
    passed a similar ban.

The college-educated workforce values abortion access and sees the issue as part of gender equity in the workplace.
Roughly eight in ten respondents (79%) do not want Roe v. Wade overturned. The same proportion (80%) feels access to abortion is an important part of women's rights and gender equity - 63% feel this strongly.
Respondents also connect abortion to other issues. Two-thirds (65%) would guess that states that protect abortion rights and access are more likely to have good health care, good-paying jobs, and a higher-quality of life v. those that ban or restrict abortion access (10%).

Majorities across segments say this law would discourage them from working in Texas:
  • Women (74%)
  • Men (58%)
  • Gen Z (73%)
  • Millennials (69%)
  • Black employees (60%)
  • Latino/a employees (64%)
  • AAPI employees (62%)
  • Recent graduates (67%)

You can read all of the findings of the study at the following link:

Good luck with that Texas and any state that passes the same anti abortion law.
When libs get hungry enough they’ll come to Texas looking for a job

It's like that now.

I went to red states this past spring. It was worse than the last time I was in red states.

Many of them have third world conditions.

Roads in such bad condition that 8 days of driving on them caused a 5 month old BF Goodrich tire to be destroyed.

Crime is terrible. I stayed at a Best Western in Tulsa by the airport, twice someone tried to break into my room when I was there. I was afraid to leave the room.

Air that literally made me vomit and caused a sinus infection.

Filth in so many places. I wanted to tell people to clean up their area. Wow what a mess.

People aren't as friendly either. In some places, down right rude. If I didn't talk with a southern accent in Texas people were very rude. One lady at the Cadillac Ranch store actually tried to steal some of my work photos off my phone by taking photos of them with her phone. When I asked her to delete them she refused. I had to tell her that if she didn't, I would let Getty Images lawyers know about it and they will be very happy to sue her. She finally deleted them.

I could go on but I think intelligent people get my point.

The stark difference between blue and red states is dramatic.

You demonstrate exactly why our nation is getting so bad and why so many uninformed leftists are voting for the likes of Biden/Harris.

You seriously say that Texas is third-world because you hit a pothole? Tulsa is third-world because you stayed in a cheap motel in a bad part of town and someone rattled your door knob? You live a life of first-world luxury and call it third-world.

Here's third world in Oakland, California - a blue state:

homeless-encampment-oakland-ca-G2M34G.jpg

Here's third world in Seattle - another blue state:

ed4e8062-020f-11e7-821d-3d33499b4648-780x520.jpg

Here's third-world in Kabul, Afghanistan:
slum.jpg

You're just another privileged, elitist, leftist.

When have you ever seen, let alone experienced, third world?

Forum List

Back