What happened to Jim Carrey

Some celebrities seem to have such hollow personal lives that they latch onto some pretty ridiculous shit.

Scientology...

No, he'snot doing Scientology he doing TM.

Yeah, got it, I was using Scientology as an example of ridiculous shit some celebrities have latched onto...

Transcendental Meditation can be helpful imo. But with his lifelong battle with depression, it seems unwise to get off all his meds.

Seems to me that he is living his live life in his own way. Some of his paintings are pretty good too!

Good for him. He's got a good life.

Thanks Drifter!

I never thought he was funny.

I liked him in Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind, The Cable guy (dark humor), Man on the Moon (Andy Kaufman) and The Truman Show.

That's a pretty good list, I think I agree with all of those.

I'd also give the first Ace Ventura movie an honorable mention, because I was just the right age when that movie came out, and I absolutely loved it.

I watched it recently, and it doesn't hold up well, but at the time it was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen.

I never thought he was funny.

I liked him in Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind, The Cable guy (dark humor), Man on the Moon (Andy Kaufman) and The Truman Show.

That's a pretty good list, I think I agree with all of those.

I'd also give the first Ace Ventura movie an honorable mention, because I was just the right age when that movie came out, and I absolutely loved it.

I watched it recently, and it doesn't hold up well, but at the time it was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen.

Me and my sister used to quote lines to each other from his cable guy movie. :lol:

You might want to buckle up, I've had a lot to drink

As for Jim Carrey's mental state, I dunno what to think, really. He's going through a tough time, and he's always been into weird theories and philosophical bullshit. Remember that back when he was married to Jenny McCarthy, he went all anti-vaxxer.

He has done this before. He goes off the deep end (it seems) then will surface with another huge success.

The guy is a lunatic. But he's a genius.

As for Jim Carrey's mental state, dunno what to think, really. He's going through a tough time, and he's always been into weird theories and philosophical bullshit. Remember that back when he was married to Jenny McCarthy, he went all anti-vaxxer.

But now he looks physically ill. Even when he was raw vegging he didn't look so sickly. I hope he's ok.

I feel his pain and relate to his struggle to find inner peace.

For some reason he still craves massive amounts of approval and attention. If he were truly "enlightened" he would lose that need/desire. He needs a guru!!

Here is one of my favorite quotes- maybe when he reads this thread.....:lol:

"Perfection is achieved not when nothing else can be added, but when nothing else can be taken away."
-Antoine Saint Exupery

:thup:

Jim Carey is the best. Sure he seems a bit fucking kookoo at times, but he does his own thing. I admire that.
Plus Good actors seen weird anyway.
I mean, you spend your life being someone else..

I feel his pain and relate to his struggle to find inner peace.

For some reason he still craves massive amounts of approval and attention. If he were truly "enlightened" he would lose that need/desire. He needs a guru!!

Here is one of my favorite quotes- maybe when he reads this thread.....:lol:

"Perfection is achieved not when nothing else can be added, but when nothing else can be taken away."
-Antoine Saint Exupery

:thup:

Agreed with everything you said.

Forum List

Back