What happened to the jobs?

I feel your gripe about the lack of jobs, but we as a United country need to go back to basic facts of life and stop murmuring like the people that were stuck in the desert for 40 years and were only miles away from the promised land. We complain to much because we had it easy. Let's get up off our rears and create the jobs that the generation before managed. We need to stop crying the blues and dig down deep. Let's create new ways to do old things. Let's find a way to avoid this economic failure again. Let's force the companies that we spend money with, but will not hire us because they fear another crisis coming on, to feel our pain,slow down your spending. Back in the late 1800's to the 1900's people sold their goods in the streets. We complain about China and Mexico stealing jobs because they make the goods we buy cheaper. Well, darn-it make your own and create a made in America attitude again. The more we murmur the less we get. Let's take the Bull by his horns and lead on to victory. It takes a Village to raise everything, not just a child.

See -- the deal here Mr. L2U is that FIXING the problem isn't as important to these folks as getting to blame the guilty.. So any solutions, or suggestions or facts are just not part of the discussion..

Pray for this country... :eusa_pray:

I feel your gripe about the lack of jobs, but we as a United country need to go back to basic facts of life and stop murmuring like the people that were stuck in the desert for 40 years and were only miles away from the promised land. We complain to much because we had it easy. Let's get up off our rears and create the jobs that the generation before managed. We need to stop crying the blues and dig down deep. Let's create new ways to do old things. Let's find a way to avoid this economic failure again. Let's force the companies that we spend money with, but will not hire us because they fear another crisis coming on, to feel our pain,slow down your spending. Back in the late 1800's to the 1900's people sold their goods in the streets. We complain about China and Mexico stealing jobs because they make the goods we buy cheaper. Well, darn-it make your own and create a made in America attitude again. The more we murmur the less we get. Let's take the Bull by his horns and lead on to victory. It takes a Village to raise everything, not just a child.

See -- the deal here Mr. L2U is that FIXING the problem isn't as important to these folks as getting to blame the guilty.. So any solutions, or suggestions or facts are just not part of the discussion..

Pray for this country... :eusa_pray:

I agree with the blame part, but i want more.

The criminal "pinko-commie" banksters and progressives and media are all criminal traitors to These United States of America. I have heard it said that their heads should be on a pike.

They have convinced the community of labor and guilt-ridden wealthy kids of privilege to become "Progressives" and to become the champions of victimology. This traitor bunch have lead them and led themselves into the plantation slavery gig, again ... undoing what my grandfathers did when they were in blue Union Soldier uniforms and never came home from Gettysburg and Antietam. These traitors have shammed the honor of my grandfathers. They have betrayed These United States of America.

Things need to be put to rights ... not too fast, ... not too slow, ... just proper! {as would be said by the old Northern New Hampshire, Live Free or Die Yankees who taught me to milk a herd of cows by hand and log all winter and sugar {get maple sap for maple syrup} in the spring.

HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS
There will, soon, be a new book coming out:
Secrets of Economic Warfare:
Wealth Creation in the New Age of Welfare Politics
by,

Ziad K. Abdelnour
President & CEO
Blackhawk Partners, Inc.
445 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Tel: 1-212-452-0743
Fax: 1-212-202-6166
Web: Blackhawkpartners | Investments in Trading, Private Equity Investing

He is going to start a war with the Wall Street criminals and all their Fed slaves and the Judiciary slaves. I know, i am editing the work for him. It will be great to see someone finally throwing bombs into the corrupt kerosene of this stink-hole called Wall Street, the Federal Reserve Board, and the Judiciary who are all "punked" by the 'banksters'.

This guy Ziad came from old Lebanese money, but got dis-inherited because he wouldn't do what his family had planned for him as a family-to-family marriage. He came to this country with $10K that he has saved as a right kid and is now worth (they say) 2.4B. This guy is hell on wheels and intends to take all the criminal traitors on.

Check out his website above.

Robert ~

This ain't rocket science, kids.

FREE TRADE happened to the jobs, that's what's happened to them.

you mean the ability to import, without tariff, goods from countries that treat their citizens and employees in ways that are illegal in the united states ;)

You also mean high union wages

you also mean having some of the highest corporate taxes and regulations in the world

you also mean a really bad economic team surrounding the president.

...FREE TRADE happened to the jobs, that's what's happened...
...the highest corporate taxes and regulations in the world you also mean a really bad economic team surrounding the president.
When poeple whine about how much they want tax hikes on imports it's pure emotion. No sober person can imagine anyone suddenly hiring because they're now paying extra import taxes.

You CAN compete in a world of cheap labor.. You do that by making cheap labor irrelevent. While the rest of the developing world fights over jobs in the 20th century manufacturing model.. YOU develop the techniques, the materials, and the processes for the 21st century..

You can't do that with

A) An education system that's completely lost it way and is NOT encouraging the "right stuff".

B) An energy policy that wants energy to be RARE and EXPENSIVE.

C) An economy that's just a couple burgers short of Armageddon..

THAT's the proper context for discussing govt role in this mess. The rest is a values/discipline/commitment problem on the part of the rest of America..

you mean the ability to import, without tariff, goods from countries that treat their citizens and employees in ways that are illegal in the united states ;)

Yes that is a large part of the problem.

You also mean high union wages

Certainly motivated the masters to migrate jobs out of the nation, without doubt.

you also mean having some of the highest corporate taxes and regulations in the world

Well certainly those ALSO motivate the masters to migrate jobs out of this nation, too.

you also mean a really bad economic team surrounding the president.

No that's kind of silly.

The FREE TRADE disaster has been going on for over 50 years now.

Obama, regardless of all his flawed policies, (and I have pointed out many on this board) is only one of many POTUS and congresses which have allowed FREE TRADE to slowly sap the financial strength out of the American middle class.

BOTH PARTIES are responsible for this freaking mess we;'re in, amigo.

BOTH PARTIES

J: heres a simple rule to write down and go over with your mother again and again until you grasp it.

Simple rule: the more you trade with the richer you get no matter if the are across the street or across the world; the fewer you trade with the poorer you get. If you could not trade at all you'd have to make everything yourself and so starve to death or live a subsistence life style.

Review question: can you say why this is so?

It seems simple, i know but the liberal will lack the IQ to understand it; hence I encourage you to go over and over it with your mother or father until you grasp it. Don't give up. Thank you..

J: heres a simple rule to write down and go over with your mother again and again until you grasp it.

Simple rule: the more you trade with the richer you get no matter if the are across the street or across the world; the fewer you trade with the poorer you get. If you could not trade at all you'd have to make everything yourself and so starve to death or live a subsistence life style.

Review question: can you say why this is so?

It seems simple, i know but the liberal will lack the IQ to understand it; hence I encourage you to go over and over it with your mother or father until you grasp it. Don't give up. Thank you..

What an ass. Your statement is pure bluster and totally dependent on who 'YOU' is.

The economy of any nation is ultimately measured in human terms, something you right wing Pharisee are totally obtuse to. How are all the people doing, the top, the middle and the bottom? Well here is the news...the top is doing better than they ever have in history. The middle is being pushed down to the bottom. And the bottom may become extinct, not in any 'good' way.

I am sure a right wing Pharisee like you is just fine with that. Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

So here is what I suggest. Look into 'gated' communities.

Justice is itself the great standing policy of civil society; and any eminent departure from it, under any circumstances, lies under the suspicion of being no policy at all.
Edmund Burke

What an ass. Your statement is pure bluster and totally dependent on who 'YOU' is.

you mean some people are better off if they cant trade and have to make everything themselves?????????? Of course thats impossible.

notice how as a silly liberal you needed to change the subject and could not address the basic Econ 101 argument which is: the more wityh whom you trade the richer you get and the less you trade the poorer you get.

If this is not true then why be so afriad to explain why exactly????

... the more you trade with the richer you get no matter if the are across the street or across the world...
...pure bluster and totally dependent on who 'YOU' is...
... if they cant trade and have to make everything themselves?????????? Of course thats impossible...
There's more to it and what's left out is key.

The reason two people swap possessions is because each would be better off with what the other has than they'd be without trading. That's why commerce makes people better off, and it doesn't matter who "you" is as long as trades are free. The alternative to 'free trade' is 'forced trade' as is with robbery, Marxism, or Obamacare but I repeat myself.

Trade is basic to our humanity and it's what distinguished us from Neanderthals whose sites contained only materials found within walking distance. Sites of Cro Magnun man had rare foods and minerals like obsidian only found many hundreds of miles away.

you mean some people are better off if they cant trade and have to make everything themselves?????????? Of course thats impossible.

notice how as a silly liberal you needed to change the subject and could not address the basic Econ 101 argument which is: the more wityh whom you trade the richer you get and the less you trade the poorer you get.

If this is not true then why be so afriad to explain why exactly????

Your right wing mind is infested with polarized thinking. People can't make EVERYTHING themselves, but that doesn't mean that can't make MORE things themselves. Especially if they can gain quality, reliability, know how and lower their cost.

And the subject of who YOU is is still valid. If you are trading animal hides and build a plant next to my property, and your plant's toxic waste runs off into my water supply, you are getting rich, and making me poor. You are harming my family and lowering my property value.

...Trade is basic to our humanity and it's what distinguished us from Neanderthals whose sites contained only materials found within walking distance. Sites of Cro Magnun man had rare foods and minerals like obsidian only found many hundreds of miles away.

...People can't make EVERYTHING themselves, but that doesn't mean that can't make MORE things themselves. Especially if they can gain quality, reliability, know how and lower their cost...

That's not only a Neanderthal mindset, it's a corruption of fact. A trade made freely and by choice (aka 'free trade') is where the person making the trade is the one who decides which item has more quality and reliability. State control protectionists want the collective to make decisions and force the people to trade under duress.

...your plant's toxic waste runs off into my water supply, you are getting rich, and making me poor. You are harming my family and lowering my property value.
Strawman: whenever trades are made without state control they always hurt the ecology and steal from the oppressed proletariat.

Reality: markets need the state and the state needs markets, and neither should take over the other's function.

Last edited:
We live in the 21st century folks and the problems we face are not going to be solved by attempting to apply the political economic theories of the 18th century.

The question was what happened to all the jobs?

I answered that question by pointing out that the vast majority of jobs that do not exist in the USA were as a direct and indirect result of CHANGES in the international trade policies of this nation over the last 50 years.

Recognizing the FACTS does not make one a communist or an isolationist, it merely makes one a realist.

I know that reality based thinking upsets some of you worshippers at the alter of Mammon, but that's not really my problem, that is your problem.

...Trade is basic to our humanity and it's what distinguished us from Neanderthals whose sites contained only materials found within walking distance. Sites of Cro Magnun man had rare foods and minerals like obsidian only found many hundreds of miles away.

...People can't make EVERYTHING themselves, but that doesn't mean that can't make MORE things themselves. Especially if they can gain quality, reliability, know how and lower their cost...

That's not only a Neanderthal mindset, it's a corruption of fact. A trade made freely and by choice (aka 'free trade') is where the person making the trade is the one who decides which item has more quality and reliability. State control protectionists want the collective to make decisions and force the people to trade under duress.

...your plant's toxic waste runs off into my water supply, you are getting rich, and making me poor. You are harming my family and lowering my property value.
Strawman: whenever trades are made without state control they always hurt the ecology and steal from the oppressed proletariat.

Reality: markets need the state and the state needs markets, and neither should take over the other's function.

Reality is, there is no such thing as a 'free market'...all markets are constructed. All markets have rules and controlling entities. All markets have state intervention.

We live in the 21st century folks and the problems we face are not going to be solved by attempting to apply the political economic theories of the 18th century.

We agree again.. Need to be doing what the economists of the 90's told us to do...

That is making cheap labor irrelevent. Pushing nanotechnology, bio-engineering, artificial intelligience, robotics and the like... MAINTAINING US technical leadership will bring back jobs.

Hoping for the "old jobs" to come back -- ain't in the cards... The government ain't gonna create jobs.. Technology leadership will...

Last edited:
...Reality: markets need the state and the state needs markets, and neither should take over the other's function.
Reality is, there is no such thing as a 'free market'...all markets are constructed. All markets have rules and controlling entities. All markets have state intervention.

That's half the truth.

The rest is that there is no such thing as a 'sovereign state'...all governments are supported by markets. All governments have to obey economic laws like supply and demand. All governments are limited by economic constraints.

We agree again.. Need to be doing what the economists of the 90's told us to do...

That is making cheap labor irrelevent. Pushing nanotechnology, bio-engineering, artificial intelligience, robotics and the like... MAINTAINING US technical leadership will bring back jobs.

Hoping for the "old jobs" to come back -- ain't in the cards...

And we need a leader...

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win."

Excerpt - Address at Rice University on the Nation's Space Effort, September 12, 1962
jfkrice.jpg

President John F. Kennedy
Houston, Texas
September 12, 1962

"The greater our knowledge increases, the greater our ignorance unfolds.

Despite the striking fact that most of the scientists that the world has ever known are alive and working today, despite the fact that this Nation's own scientific manpower is doubling every 12 years in a rate of growth more than three times that of our population as a whole, despite that, the vast stretches of the unknown and the unanswered and the unfinished still far outstrip our collective comprehension.

No man can fully grasp how far and how fast we have come, but condense, if you will, the 50,000 years of man's recorded history in a time span of but a half a century. Stated in these terms, we know very little about the first 40 years, except at the end of them advanced man had learned to use the skins of animals to cover them. Then about 10 years ago, under this standard, man emerged from his caves to construct other kinds of shelter. Only five years ago man learned to write and use a cart with wheels. Christianity began less than two years ago. The printing press came this year, and then less than two months ago, during this whole 50-year span of human history, the steam engine provided a new source of power.

Newton explored the meaning of gravity. Last month electric lights and telephones and automobiles and airplanes became available. Only last week did we develop penicillin and television and nuclear power, and now if America's new spacecraft succeeds in reaching Venus, we will have literally reached the stars before midnight tonight.

This is a breathtaking pace, and such a pace cannot help but create new ills as it dispels old, new ignorance, new problems, new dangers. Surely the opening vistas of space promise high costs and hardships, as well as high reward.

So it is not surprising that some would have us stay where we are a little longer to rest, to wait. But this city of Houston, this State of Texas, this country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them. This country was conquered by those who moved forward--and so will space.

William Bradford, speaking in 1630 of the founding of the Plymouth Bay Colony, said that all great and honorable actions are accompanied with great difficulties, and both must be enterprised and overcome with answerable courage.

If this capsule history of our progress teaches us anything, it is that man, in his quest for knowledge and progress, is determined and cannot be deterred. The exploration of space will go ahead, whether we join in it or not, and it is one of the great adventures of all time, and no nation which expects to be the leader of other nations can expect to stay behind in the race for space.

Those who came before us made certain that this country rode the first waves of the industrial revolutions, the first waves of modern invention, and the first wave of nuclear power, and this generation does not intend to founder in the backwash of the coming age of space. We mean to be a part of it--we mean to lead it. For the eyes of the world now look into space, to the moon and to the planets beyond, and we have vowed that we shall not see it governed by a hostile flag of conquest, but by a banner of freedom and peace. We have vowed that we shall not see space filled with weapons of mass destruction, but with instruments of knowledge and understanding.

Yet the vows of this Nation can only be fulfilled if we in this Nation are first, and, therefore, we intend to be first. In short, our leadership in science and in industry, our hopes for peace and security, our obligations to ourselves as well as others, all require us to make this effort, to solve these mysteries, to solve them for the good of all men, and to become the world's leading space-faring nation.

We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained, and new rights to be won, and they must be won and used for the progress of all people. For space science, like nuclear science and all technology, has no conscience of its own. Whether it will become a force for good or ill depends on man, and only if the United States occupies a position of pre-eminence can we help decide whether this new ocean will be a sea of peace or a new terrifying theater of war. I do not say the we should or will go unprotected against the hostile misuse of space any more than we go unprotected against the hostile use of land or sea, but I do say that space can be explored and mastered without feeding the fires of war, without repeating the mistakes that man has made in extending his writ around this globe of ours.

There is no strife, no prejudice, no national conflict in outer space as yet. Its hazards are hostile to us all. Its conquest deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for peaceful cooperation many never come again. But why, some say, the moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.

No argument from me on that issue

It will no doubt be good for those who are about the business of "nanotechnology, bio-engineering, artificial intelligience, robotics and the like" but it does nothing for the millions upon millions of our FELLOW (formerly tax paying) CITIZENS who are actually being hurt by the changing geo-economical status AND the advances in technology which actually make more and more human labor redundant.

Hoping for the "old jobs" to come back -- ain't in the cards...

Well, yes and no.

The most of "old jobs" still exist, it's just that now, instead of our workers doing those jobs, much cheaper laborers in the developing world have those jobs.

They could come back and would come back (but obviously not in the same numbers that they were lost) if we tightened up our trade policies in favor of keeping Americans at work.

This is a policy decision and is easily done.

The government ain't gonna create jobs..

I do not think the government creates jobs, Lad. But I know for certainty that by allowing unbridled and unthinking FREE TRADE policies, OUR GOVERNMENT insured that jobs formerly done by Americans migrated off shore.

So in that sense, the government can undo (somewhat) the damage it has done to our economy and to a significant portion of our fellow citizens.

Technology leadership will...

Technology leadership is a good thing, but it doesn't do much to address the issue at hand, sport.

MUCXH of the technology leadership created technology here without doubt.

And then when it was time to SCALE UP that techology the factories that create that technology were built, not in the land that cr5eated the science to make that technology possible, but instead whereever the cost of [production was cheapest.

Do try to stick to the subject, okay?

The subject here is not "Is technology a good thing?" but rather "How do we deal with a MACROECONOMIC problem created by stupid free trade policies?"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back