What happened to the Republican party?

English must be your second language. The Republican Party has not won the popular vote count since Bush. Its getting worse, not better.
You insult me here and then dare to comment 3 posts after that I insult you.

Democrats are ugly two faced hypocrites that insult and demean, lie cheat and steal, then accuse me, of doing the inhuman things you and all the other democrates execute on innocent mind our own business americans

Which words in my comment will you bitterly cling to in order to demean and insult me again you lousy maggot coward

And the crab people.

Oooh.. I haven't heard about them. Are they involved with the aliens?

But, what about the lizards? And the mules?
I remember when you self proclaimed bipartisan folks considered the plausibility principle.
The timing of the release of covid is rather bizarre….isn’t it?
Trump was leveraging China big-time in a trade war, Democrats couldn’t remove him with a Russia hoax, impeachments or any of their shameless antics….Both China and Democrats were motivated and poised to stoop to any level to stop Trump.
Ask yourself……IS IT POSSIBLE?
Would Trump have lost in 2020 if it not for the scamdemic?
What would happen if this were to come to light?
Don’t be afraid to think.

You insult me here and then dare to comment 3 posts after that I insult you.
How is that an insult? Grandpa spoke six languages. Mom spoke four.
Democrats are ugly two faced hypocrites that insult and demean, lie cheat and steal, then accuse me, of doing the inhuman things you and all the other democrates execute on innocent mind our own business americans
Democrats
Americans
Which words in my comment will you bitterly cling to in order to demean and insult me again you lousy maggot coward
And Trump still lost by 7,000,000 votes.

right, you are the spellin bee champ

would you really be happy with kamaka if there was no election this year
I would be more happy if Trump were in prison, but will likely have to wait to 2026 for that, if he doesn't stroke out first.

Trump's GOP shows its extremism could be a problem in November

If former President Trump and his fellow Republicans lose in November, weeks like this might be to blame.
Why it matters: Trump is beloved by the Republican Party's MAGA base. But the far-right stamp he's put on the GOP is bursting into view in ways that are giving even some Republicans pause — and could complicate their push for the swing voters they'll need in November.

• By week's end, Trump's GOP was tied to calling frozen embryos children, appeals to kill democracy, and giving Vladimir Putin a pass on targeting his enemies.
  • It's all giving Democrats another chance to cast MAGA Republicans as extremists bent on destroying rights and traditions that most Americans support.

The movement to the far right by the former GOP, now POT, is well documented and well understood. As is the cost the party has paid as MAGAist candidates have been largely rejected for their allegiance to the extremism of trumpery. It's a big part of the reason what was supposed to be the congressional Red Wave in the last election cycle completely fizzled.

Far more difficult to explain than their radicalization, which actually began in the 80's, is their choice of a current leader. He does not possess conservative bona fides. Or any coherent political philosophy for that matter. Yet he has galvanized support like no other figure in US history around his boorish personality.

As a consequence, the party has morphed in to one working on a national ban on abortions, virtually unrestricted gun ownership of any kind of gun, is in denial of the scientifically proven affect of burning fossil fuels which releases billions of tons of CO2 in to the atmosphere, support for voter suppression laws, turning back the clock on gay rights, centralized power in the hands of the executive, the right of the minority to rule, etc.

It didn't use to be this way. Repubs from Eisenhower to McCain were reasonable men who sought compromise rather than confrontation. Their impulse when addressing a national problem was, "how can we fix this?" "We" meaning both Repubs and Dems. The first impulse of MAGAists is to ask, "how can we blame this on Dems and then obstruct anything they want to do to address the problem."
The GOP became the Party of Trump. And it's been going downhill every since. The Project 2025 thing isn't helping them either; nobody with critical thinking skills wants Project 2025 to become law.
I hope the Republicans can find their way back home.

Democrats gave our drug manufacturing to China
Right now, the U.S. has virtually no capacity to manufacture antibiotics. That’s because China currently controls roughly 90% of the global supply of inputs needed to make the generic antibiotics that treat bronchitis, pneumonia, pediatric ear infections, and life-threatening conditions such as sepsis.
Why didn't trump do anything about it?

In 2008, every U.S.-administered dose of Amoxil and Augmentin was produced in the U.S. By 2019, however, the U.S. Commerce Department reported that 80 percent of the supply of US antibiotics were made in China.

Trump's GOP shows its extremism could be a problem in November

If former President Trump and his fellow Republicans lose in November, weeks like this might be to blame.
Why it matters: Trump is beloved by the Republican Party's MAGA base. But the far-right stamp he's put on the GOP is bursting into view in ways that are giving even some Republicans pause — and could complicate their push for the swing voters they'll need in November.

• By week's end, Trump's GOP was tied to calling frozen embryos children, appeals to kill democracy, and giving Vladimir Putin a pass on targeting his enemies.
  • It's all giving Democrats another chance to cast MAGA Republicans as extremists bent on destroying rights and traditions that most Americans support.

The movement to the far right by the former GOP, now POT, is well documented and well understood. As is the cost the party has paid as MAGAist candidates have been largely rejected for their allegiance to the extremism of trumpery. It's a big part of the reason what was supposed to be the congressional Red Wave in the last election cycle completely fizzled.

Far more difficult to explain than their radicalization, which actually began in the 80's, is their choice of a current leader. He does not possess conservative bona fides. Or any coherent political philosophy for that matter. Yet he has galvanized support like no other figure in US history around his boorish personality.

As a consequence, the party has morphed in to one working on a national ban on abortions, virtually unrestricted gun ownership of any kind of gun, is in denial of the scientifically proven affect of burning fossil fuels which releases billions of tons of CO2 in to the atmosphere, support for voter suppression laws, turning back the clock on gay rights, centralized power in the hands of the executive, the right of the minority to rule, etc.

It didn't use to be this way. Repubs from Eisenhower to McCain were reasonable men who sought compromise rather than confrontation. Their impulse when addressing a national problem was, "how can we fix this?" "We" meaning both Repubs and Dems. The first impulse of MAGAists is to ask, "how can we blame this on Dems and then obstruct anything they want to do to address the problem."
Propagandist is just weird projection

By being democrats. :rolleyes: Profound.
No, by thinking that Trump would be the perfect candidate for Clinton to defeat - that people would surely seem him as even worse. Liberals in the media deliberately propped up Trump, kept him relevant, kept him in the news, and tried to get him nominated. And it backfired. Bigly.

No, by thinking that Trump would be the perfect candidate for Clinton to defeat - that people would surely seem him as even worse. Liberals in the media deliberately propped up Trump, kept him relevant, kept him in the news, and tried to get him nominated. And it backfired. Bigly.
I disagree. I believe the liberals propped up their own awful candidate in Hillary by deliberately screwing over Sanders for their nominee. That is how we got an orange bag O' shit elected.

I disagree. I believe the liberals propped up their own awful candidate in Hillary by deliberately screwing over Sanders for their nominee. That is how we got an orange bag O' shit elected.
I dunno. I don't think it was an orchestrated conspiracy or anything, but I was working for NBC during the lead up to the election in 2016, at "thirty-rock" no less. And MSNBC ran constantly on monitors throughout the building. Trump got roughly half their fucking air time. I remember thinking it seemed odd at the time. I also remember Dem pundits saying that Republicans nominating Trump would mean a big win for Clinton. They were wrong.

Forum List

Back