Zone1 what happens after death?

This site sounds pretty Catholic so far, meaning it is not Francis-esque (alleged-pope reference)
I do not believe that we, as humans, possess the capability to understand what is next.

I believe there is an afterlife. Not because of some religious thing, but because of the laws of Conservation of Mass/Energy. I don't know what makes me, me. But, I do believe the "soul" exists separately from the corporeal body.

Implications?
Someone speaking a language they've never learned...
Someone expressing verifiable memories they could not have experienced...

But I also believe that when we pass from this existence we will have no memory or knowledge of the previous existence.
Do you remember being a fetus?
Does a butterfly "remember" being a caterpillar?

I believe that the life we live here prepares us for our next existence and the quality, at least at the beginning, of that existence is derived from our contribution to humanity in this life.

I can do a few hundred pages (double spaced) on this but I want to leave "religion" out of the discussion.

The same experiece as before you were born.

For example, one could ask what it was like to wake up after never having gone to sleep just as logically as they can ask what it is like to go to sleep and to never wake up.
You could be a Buddhist monk.
That's the kind of things they say.
Makes Me Want to slap the crap out of them...

the several days later the lightbulb goes on and...

Well, technically speaking, you are the universe.

Is your ''soul'' any less of a bunch of particles as those which make up your arms and legs?

Obviously some will always prefer to frame those kinds of questions in a way as to explain this cosmic connection in terms of purpose rather than process. But whatever. To debate process with purveyors of purpose is, to me, misery inducing. It's almost always negative waves.

The latter is, in my view, the logical, more relevant approach, however.
You and I share many concepts.

"Soul" is a word use to describe that which I cannot understand but which I "know" exists.

If I may ask, what do you thing is "next?"

I dunno. The here and now, technically speaking, is infinite. You are the very thing that the universe is infinitely doing because you are part of it and is a part of you.

So, then, is there really a such thing as an experience of nothingness in that regard? I do not think so.

But that's just like...my opinion, man.
Some philosophy says that the universe exists because we, individually, each "think" it into existence. That is a universe for everyone.
If there is no "after" then when we die that entire universe dies as well.

Is that what you believe?

When meditating these are the thoughts that come into my mind.

You and I share many concepts.

"Soul" is a word use to describe that which I cannot understand but which I "know" exists.

If I may ask, what do you thing is "next?"

No idea. Maybe it will involve some skipping of dimensions. I don't think the human mind is even wired to contemplate the complexity of such things, honestly.

In the mean time, I'm just hoping to be reincarnated as a bicycle seat...

depositphotos_165659008-stock-photo-beatiful-woman-with-bike-on.jpg

Of course, even that may involve its own possibility of a Hell...

1000_F_585967152_M4kIXz17aMFBX3trVXmvORc166n1FF1e.jpg

Last edited:
You are a fluke of the universe. You have no right to be here.
Deteriorata. Deteriorata.

Carving out the lyrics...

Are we?
Ignoring Quantum Physics your existence here is entirely predictable given sufficient information.

So, if your existence is entirely predictable how then could it be a fluke?

I'm not saying you're wrong.
I just want to know why you're right.

No idea. Maybe it will involve some skipping of dimensions. I don't think the human mind is even wired to contemplate the complexity of such things, honestly.

In the mean time, I'm just hoping to be reincarnated as a bicycle seat...

depositphotos_165659008-stock-photo-beatiful-woman-with-bike-on.jpg

Of course, even that may involve its own possibility of a Hell...

How? Put them to a test. Stories are just that -- stories.

Put it to a test. Scientific test.
OK
Put heaven to a test.
Get back to us with the results...

Or
OK
You develop the testing methodology and get back to us.

Why? May as well ask why life itself has no inherent meaning.
If life has no inherent meaning ,the question is moot.
If life does have meaning then then question is nonsensical.

You may want to spend some time with Buddhists monks before asking that kind of question.

Why? May as well ask why life itself has no inherent meaning.
If life does have meaning then then question is nonsensical.

the question is nonsensical as life is in itself inherent regardless their beliefs that can not withstand life's validity.

as well their extinction with the dissolution of their physiology for the failure of their spirit to acquire a safe harbor.

So nothing is passed from the mother/father into the fetus/baby?
Huh? Those are the only two choices?

Either the mother and father pass nothing to a fetus, or a person has experiences before they exist?

I don't think I have to play by that weird rule.

Huh? Those are the only two choices?

Either the mother and father pass nothing to a fetus, or a person has experiences before they exist?

I don't think I have to play by that weird rule.
OK...

Explain under whatever rules how a person in their 30s suddenly learns to read and speak a language they've never learned.

My thoughts on this are reincarnation, which I doubt, and genetic memory which is a possibility.

But let's hear your explanation.

Forum List

Back