What have you given up because of Bidenomics?

I've given up working. Oh wait, I've done that for almost 30 years. Retirement is the best thing. We need a mass retirement. I pray for it.

I've given up working. Oh wait, I've done that for almost 30 years. Retirement is the best thing. We need a mass retirement. I pray for it.
Why do you say that? We already had a mass retirement during Covid called the Great Resignation. And we have 10 million unfilled jobs.

My company needs guys who will get on a plane on Monday and fly home on Friday. Make $80K and get to spend weekends/holidays/vacations with family. American men, white or black, won't take this job. They don't want to be away from home all week.

Who usually does this job?

1. Guys who don't like being home all week. Their relationships are better this way
2. Guys who can't make $80K any other way
3. Young guys who live at home with parents.

You don't spend a dime 5 days a week. Everything is paid for. Hotel, food, car rentals, airplanes.

I bet there are men at the border who would LOVE this job.

Why do you say that? We already had a mass retirement during Covid called the Great Resignation. And we have 10 million unfilled jobs.

My company needs guys who will get on a plane on Monday and fly home on Friday. Make $80K and get to spend weekends/holidays/vacations with family. American men, white or black, won't take this job. They don't want to be away from home all week.

1. Guys who don't like being home all week. Their relationships are better this way

You don't spend a dime 5 days a week. Everything is paid for. Hotel, food, car rentals, airplanes.

For 80 grand, no way. That is basically what my daughter was doing with her previous company and she was sitting at more than 130 grand a year in salary plus bonuses pushing her close to 2.

Also, why does it need to be a guy for your company?

For 80 grand, no way. That is basically what my daughter was doing with her previous company and she was sitting at more than 130 grand a year in salary plus bonuses pushing her close to 2.

The average American makes $50K I believe. Imagine making $30K more a year for a person who makes $50K.

I'm a hypocrite. If you paid me $30K more and told me I'd have to work an hour away, I'd tell you to go fuck yourself. But I already make over $80K. If I was making $50K I'd take the job.

I know the difference between making $50K and $80K. It's a big jump in pay. Suddenly you're saving money. Suddenly you can afford that boat. Suddenly your bank account is growing.

Now eventually you start spending what you make. If you are dumb. Me? I saved it all first and then only when my bank account grew, did I decide to buy a quad and a boat. Not payments. Cash. Right now I'm considering buying 20-50 acres. Or should I just buy a 5 year investment that pays 6%? In 5 years it will be $26,000. But the property could go up in value too. They say property values are going to double in the next 20 years.

I don’t think this thread has panned out quite how the OP intended…

I have yet to see anyone post a legitimate “sacrifice” they’ve had to make due to economic hardship

Really depends on the skill set and Im guessing Princess Golfing Gator has a degree and seemingly doing very well - congrats. Sounded like sealybobo had jobs he was hiring that are labor intensive which isnt a bonus level job usually and $80k is pretty good there with a bunch of amenities. Hopefully insurance too.

Really depends on the skill set and Im guessing Princess Golfing Gator has a degree and seemingly doing very well - congrats. Sounded like sealybobo had jobs he was hiring that are labor intensive which isnt a bonus level job usually and $80k is pretty good there with a bunch of amenities. Hopefully insurance too.

She has a BSN.

Someone asked why women can't do the job. They have to lift heavy shit. We hired one woman, she couldn't do it. We should have tested her on the lifting before we wasted the time hiring her.

I hate the time after we all figure out someone isn't making it, but they remain on the job for the next week or couple months. It's like "get them out of here".

Maybe we're hoping they'll find a job so we don't have to mess with unemployment. But a lot of people don't look for another job and stay until they are tossed out.

My German buddy said they have unemployment and they'll even help find a job that suits you. But after a while if you can't find a job, they'll find one for you. And if you don't like that job you can take a hike.

Someone asked why women can't do the job. They have to lift heavy shit. We hired one woman, she couldn't do it. We should have tested her on the lifting before we wasted the time hiring her.

I hate the time after we all figure out someone isn't making it, but they remain on the job for the next week or couple months. It's like "get them out of here".

Maybe we're hoping they'll find a job so we don't have to mess with unemployment. But a lot of people don't look for another job and stay until they are tossed out.

My German buddy said they have unemployment and they'll even help find a job that suits you. But after a while if you can't find a job, they'll find one for you. And if you don't like that job you can take a hike.
It’s not that women can’t do the job it’s that you need physical strength for the job. A man or a women who lacks the strength isnt a good fit. That is not unusual in some physical jobs.

It’s not that women can’t do the job it’s that you need physical strength for the job. A man or a women who lacks the strength isnt a good fit. That is not unusual in some physical jobs.
And the woman can't have kids. If she does, she can't be gone all week. But these families seem to do okay with dad gone all week. Most of them eventually hope to get off the road but a lot of them don't know what they would do that makes so much money.

I can't believe someone here poo pooed a blue collar job that doesn't require a college education that pays $80K.

But I also have to realize that soon, if not already, college kids won't take the job for any less than $100K. If wages go up across the board, and they are because of inflation, unions won big last year, etc. So eventually what I think is a good wage will only be mid.

But hopefully I will be close to retirement and have enough to not worry about that. I certainly don't want to look for a new job at 53 years old. Especially now I work from home and when I go in it's 7 minutes away. I'll never find another gig this good. EVER.

Then hire those men at the border. I could care less. I'm on board big time for another 5 million older workers to quit and retire. This would boost our economy.

Then hire those men at the border. I could care less. I'm on board big time for another 5 million older workers to quit and retire. This would boost our economy.
I don't know if that's true. Can you explain? I do know it would be good for current workers now. The people who would have gotten promoted if not for the people who did would be glad if the people who did all retired.

My brother is 54. VP of HR Fortune 500. Makes $1 million a year. He's burned out. He's going to quit in April and walk with a 1 year golden parachute. We all know when that 1 year is over and he can go back to work, he will. He won't make $1 million a year anymore but he'll be a consultant.

He wants to buy a traveling bbq. Take Greek roasted lamb fresh to parties and watch people tear it up. He says he would enjoy that. Or in the Michigan U.P. there is a boat company who does tours of the falls. They're selling the business. If I said I'd quit my job and go do it with him he may have done it.

I kind of agree with you it'd be good for workers but how would he benefit the economy?

And right now we have 10 million unfilled jobs. We need to put those asylum seekers to work. If they join a gang or steal, deport them. Don't put them near hispanic communities that have gangs. Those communities don't need more immigrants.

If another lrtscsay 8 million workers all of a sudden quit, the workers now all get higher paying jobs because they are needed. The jobs that go unfilled don't get filled because they don't need to be done. When a mass of workers walk off the job the economy gets strengthened immediately.

If another lrtscsay 8 million workers all of a sudden quit, the workers now all get higher paying jobs because they are needed. The jobs that go unfilled don't get filled because they don't need to be done. When a mass of workers walk off the job the economy gets strengthened immediately.
And automation is coming. You are right there is going to be less of a need for lots of workers in the future.

In 2019, just before the pandemic, 57 percent of Americans in their early 60s were still working, compared with 46 percent two decades earlier. Improved health and shifting industry patterns — more jobs in offices, fewer in factories — played a role.

With more than 75 million baby boomers retiring sooner rather than later, it’s clear that employers will need a strong workforce plan for replacing exiting workers.

Filling the workforce gap will be a challenge. The ranks of the Gen X workers are simply not enough, while many millennials lack the needed work experience. Foreign-born workers often face immigration challenges, while flexible or remote workers aren’t appropriate for every role.

Fast food in near every way is ridiculous in prices. Plus, the added costs of delivery and tipping. The youngest generations waste their money on this as cooking at home is too much work for many and their salaries are lower.
I'll never understand why so many poor people buy fast food. Just make a big pot of stew or something over the weekend, eat it all week and save 30 or 40 bucks.

Forum List

Back