What have you given up because of Bidenomics?

You pay no bills?

LOL, what a fucking liar. You cult members will literally say anything to prop up the Husk.
I have condo association dues, lease, insurance, Edison, internet.

I have so few bills. I don’t even have a phone bill. I have a work phone. That’s like at least $1200 a year in savings right? My condo is paid off, no credit card debt. In fact I just had them send me my $200 cash back that built up.

So, I max out my 401k AND invest $20k a year on top of that. Yea I hate inflation but I jus5 stop buying shit. If you would the prices would go down. And Kroger does buy one get one chicken. Stock up.

This is a list of commonly abandon items people no longer buy because they can't afford them.

Are these things you have given up, and are their other things?

Just try not to give up on life, hang in there.
We don't buy steak anymore unless it's in Albertson's bargain bin where the sell date will be today or tomorrow, and then we buy only the cheapest cuts and freeze them immediately to use to make steak soup. Ribeyes, New York Strips, T-bones--all the really good steak cuts are too expensive even on their expiration dates. I do buy the leanest hamburger I can get for health reasons and that costs as much as premium steak used to.

We don't go to the movies anymore unless it's a real blockbuster like Top Gun Maverick or Oppenheimer and that will shoot our entertainment budget for a month.

We don't travel overnight any more as motel prices for even midline motels are just not worth it.

We buy the basics, bread, pinto beans, potatoes, other produce necessary for good health and we are paying double or more for all of it. Lettuce $1.79/head. Albertson's store brand bread was 85 cents per loaf for like forever until inflation hit. Now it's $1.49 a loaf, the loaves are smaller and the slices cut thinner.

Our last natural gas bill was the highest it has ever been, easily double what it was this time last year despite much milder temperatures this winter. When Hombre paid it on line the bank popped up a notice that the amount was considerably more than we usually pay. We were frustrated that there was no place to say, "No shit!"

We've all lived with gasoline prices spiking up to near unaffordable levels and then returning to affordable prices again. Groceries and other things don't seem to be doing that.

We don't buy steak anymore unless it's in Albertson's bargain bin where the sell date will be today or tomorrow, and then we buy only the cheapest cuts and freeze them immediately to use to make steak soup. Ribeyes, New York Strips, T-bones--all the really good steak cuts are too expensive even on their expiration dates. I do buy the leanest hamburger I can get for health reasons and that costs as much as premium steak used to.

We don't go to the movies anymore unless it's a real blockbuster like Top Gun Maverick or Oppenheimer and that will shoot our entertainment budget for a month.

We don't travel overnight any more as motel prices for even midline motels are just not worth it.

We buy the basics, bread, pinto beans, potatoes, other produce necessary for good health and we are paying double or more for all of it. Lettuce $1.79/head. Albertson's store brand bread was 85 cents per loaf for like forever until inflation hit. Now it's $1.49 a loaf, the loaves are smaller and the slices cut thinner.

Our last natural gas bill was the highest it has ever been, easily double what it was this time last year despite much milder temperatures this winter. When Hombre paid it on line the bank popped up a notice that the amount was considerably more than we usually pay. We were frustrated that there was no place to say, "No shit!"

We've all lived with gasoline prices spiking up to near unaffordable levels and then returning to affordable prices again. Groceries and other things don't seem to be doing that.
I pay $18.99 per month for as many movies as i want to see with Regal Cinemas. It's very affordable. I'll usually spend another $5 for a soda about half the time which is another $10 per month. My wife just sneaks in a homemade vodka drink from home cuz she hates half the movies I drag her to and that helps. :)

Yup, and they all suffered immeasurably under Trump, when every economic indicator was better than it is now.

That's a cult for you.
Every economic indicator is better now. Also,you are gaslighting yourself. No one complained about the economy. The narrative from the democrats was that the economy simply continued it's trajectory from Obama's economy and Trump didnt do anything. NO ONE said the economy sucked you moron.

I pay $18.99 per month for as many movies as i want to see with Regal Cinemas. It's very affordable. I'll usually spend another $5 for a soda about half the time which is another $10 per month. My wife just sneaks in a homemade vodka drink from home cuz she hates half the movies I drag her to and that helps. :)
Well that would be nice, but $5 for a soda that costs them maybe 5 to 10 cents at most including cost of the cup? Probably not that much? That plus other way overpriced stuff at the concession is how they make their money I guess. And I wonder if they use a projector and reels anymore or just slip a disc into a Blu Ray player?

I'm with your wife though. They aren't making enough really good movies these days to justify even $18.99/month. But good on that theater to figure out how to make it in these inflationary times.

You are very wrong that nobody is complaining about the economy now. I haven't talked to ANYBODY who is doing better now than they did under Trump and most are doing much worse.

Under Trump unemployment especially for minority demographics fell to historic lows. The Dow Jones climbed over 12,000 in his 4 years even with COVID. Under Biden it has struggled to climb 6,000. Inflation was low under Trump, and family wealth increased by thousands. Family buying power has decreased by thousands under Biden.

Last edited:

I assume you and your wife are retired?

Every economic indicator is better now. Also,you are gaslighting yourself. No one complained about the economy. The narrative from the democrats was that the economy simply continued it's trajectory from Obama's economy and Trump didnt do anything. NO ONE said the economy sucked you moron.
That's because the economy didn't suck. Unemployment fell dramatically to historic lows especially for minority groups.
I assume you and your wife are retired?
Yes. We closed our business because there just wasn't enough of it in the sluggish economy of the Obama administration. Had we known how good it would be under Trump we might have held on and benefitted from that, but by that time we were enjoying retirement enough we just didn't want to get back into the grind.

And we live a good life now. Own our home. Have enough in savings for emergencies. We do have to budget much more carefully under the Biden administration and do without some wants but we don't go hungry and we pay our bills.

Well that would be nice, but $5 for a soda that costs them maybe 5 to 10 cents at most including cost of the cup? Probably not that much? That plus other way overpriced stuff at the concession is how they make their money I guess. And I wonder if they use a projector and reels anymore or just slip a disc into a Blu Ray player?

I'm with you wife though. They aren't making enough really good movies these days to justify even $18.99/month. But good on that theater to figure out how to make it in these inflationary times.
Meh. Not everything needs to be an Academy award winning movie.

This month:

1. Godzilla - F’ing great movie
2. Night Swim - Mediocre horror
3. Aquaman - Super hero’s blowing shit up
4. Poor Things - Clever, really good
5. Anyone but you - amusing, wife a fan
6. Holdovers - critics love it… meh, was fair

$19/6 is about $3 per movie.

That is just a January release of what is usually not the best slate of movies. You can find entertaining movies.. if you like the movies. Some people just dont like movies at the theater. I think they are crazy but to each their own.

Yup, and they all suffered immeasurably under Trump, when every economic indicator was better than it is now.

That's a cult for you.
They can't even specify what was so awful under Trump. They just use weasel words like "chaos" and "racism". F'n useful idiot morons.

That's because the economy didn't suck. Unemployment fell dramatically to historic lows especially for minority groups.

Other than the bout of inflation the economy is just as strong or stronger than under Trump

And now those rates are just as low.

1704909264116.png

1704909313352.png

1704909369640.png

They can't even specify what was so awful under Trump. They just use weasel words like "chaos" and "racism". F'n useful idiot morons.
Exactly. Or 'mean tweets.' Anything good that happened, they said was Obama's doing. Well I lived and worked in Obama's economy and I can say it sucked big time. I will take a lot of mean tweets every day of the week to get the economy we had under Trump.

Meh. Not everything needs to be an Academy award winning movie.

This month:

1. Godzilla - F’ing great movie
2. Night Swim - Mediocre horror
3. Aquaman - Super hero’s blowing shit up
4. Poor Things - Clever, really good
5. Anyone but you - amusing, wife a fan
6. Holdovers - critics love it… meh, was fair

$19/6 is about $3 per movie.

That is just a January release of what is usually not the best slate of movies. You can find entertaining movies.. if you like the movies. Some people just dont like movies at the theater. I think they are crazy but to each their own.
Oscars are not what I use to evaluate movies especially in this insane 'woke' culture. For me a satisfying movie needs a strong story line, good acting, sufficient character development that you can relate to the characters, and competent casting, cinematography and editing. These days bad editing too often muddles the story line if the movie even really has one--"Oppenheimer" is a good example of that-- and gratuitous profanity, sex, violence and special effects are used in place of everything that used to make movies wonderful.

Great producers and directors know how to put in little touches that just make all the difference. Spielberg is a genius at that with little snapshots of extras as interesting characters, a fleeting expression on a waitress's face that helps make the scene memorable, etc. Modern movies have almost none of that.

Last edited:
Other than the bout of inflation the economy is just as strong or stronger than under Trump

And now those rates are just as low.

View attachment 886096

View attachment 886097

View attachment 886098
Low unemployment because people aren't wanting to work is not the same as low unemployment because there are good paying jobs bringing people off the unemployment lines. Increasing employment by growing government is not the same thing as bringing good jobs back to America--jobs lesser pols told us were gone forever.

American families losing $7,000 in buying power is not indicative of a great economy. Wages/income is advancing at a much slower rate and nowhere near enough to keep up with inflation.

Low unemployment because people aren't wanting to work is not the same as low unemployment because there are good paying jobs bringing people off the unemployment lines. Increasing employment by growing government is not the same thing as bringing good jobs back to America--jobs lesser pols told us were gone forever.

Good thing neither of these is happening.

The core working age LFPR is higher than any time under the previous admin.

1704912822198.png

Good thing neither of these is happening.

The core working age LFPR is higher than any time under the previous admin.

View attachment 886137
People are struggling. The average family has lost $7k in buying power. High mortgage rates plus inflated home costs are locking millions out of the home market.

A corrupt and partisan media is always going to paint a rosier picture for Democrats than they will for Republicans, but the fact is more Democrats rate the economy as bad or fair than rate it as okay or good, and for Republicans it sucks. And you can cite this or that 'great' statistic until you are blue in the face, but when people struggle to put food on the table, pay their mortgage and bills, they are not going to believe the economy is good.

This from NPR who is nobody's idea of a rightwing or Republican apologist group:

Fast food in near every way is ridiculous in prices. Plus, the added costs of delivery and tipping. The youngest generations waste their money on this as cooking at home is too much work for many and their salaries are lower.
So, you've been having fast food delivered?

Forum List

Back