What have you given up because of Bidenomics?

People are struggling.

There are always people struggling, it is the nature of our system

High mortgage rates plus inflated home costs are locking millions out of the home market.

Indeed, and the Govt is neither the cause nor the answer to the problem.

A corrupt and partisan media is always going to paint a rosier picture for Democrats than they will for Republicans, but the fact is more Democrats rate the economy as bad or fair than rate it as okay or good, and for Republicans it sucks. And you can cite this or that 'great' statistic until you are blue in the face, but when people struggle to put food on the table, pay their mortgage and bills, they are not going to believe the economy is good.

You will notice I do not provide media sources, but actual data. I deal with data, not emotions. You made claims about the Trump economy yet everything you have said about it is true now, why can you not address that?

I had planned on purchasing another car this year. I will have to put it off until I either save up all the cash, or the interest rates come down.

no way im going to pay 10% interest on a loan.
YOu kids are spoiled, When I bought my first car I got a loan at 19% and thought it was good.

And BTW I bought a jeep for my elderly parents over the summer at 4%.

There are always people struggling, it is the nature of our system

Indeed, and the Govt is neither the cause nor the answer to the problem.

You will notice I do not provide media sources, but actual data. I deal with data, not emotions. You made claims about the Trump economy yet everything you have said about it is true now, why can you not address that?
Oh really? And who produces the data you use? You? Please tell me how you are privy to the information to produce that data without depending on government or media to feed it to you? Do you honestly believe the government or a Democrat controlled media is going to tell you the truth about a terrible economy?

You have cherry picked a few indicators--mostly indicators that make no difference to the average American family--and hold them up as PROOF of Biden's great economy.

I hold up the fact that American families have $7,000 less in buying power, cannot afford many many things they once could, are uncertain about their financial futures. Economists are forecasting recession in the first months of 2024 so consumer confidence remains low. Those are the indicators most people think important. You can cite your 'data' until you are blue in the face and it won't convince struggling Americans that Biden is making anything better.

American families may have struggled here and there under Trump, but most appreciated doing much better. The misery index was way down and consumer confidence was way up.

Oh really? And who produces the data you use? You? Please tell me how you are privy to the information to produce that data without depending on government or media to feed it to you? Do you honestly believe the government or a Democrat controlled media is going to tell you the truth about a terrible economy?

i get the data from the exact same source I did when Trump was POTUS. Did you call it fake then?

You have cherry picked a few indicators--mostly indicators that make no difference to the average American family--and hold them up as PROOF of Biden's great economy.

I have only used the indicators you have mentioned, they are the ones you brought up, not me. Oh, and I never said the economy was great. Why did you bring them up if you do not think they are relevant?

I hold up the fact that American families have $7,000 less in buying power,

:link:

Economists are forecasting recession in the first months of 2024

They said the same thing about 2023 and 2022. it is like the weatherman forecasting snow, eventually they might get it right.

i get the data from the exact same source I did when Trump was POTUS. Did you call it fake then?

I have only used the indicators you have mentioned, they are the ones you brought up, not me. Oh, and I never said the economy was great. Why did you bring them up if you do not think they are relevant?

:link:

They said the same thing about 2023 and 2022. it is like the weatherman forecasting snow, eventually they might get it right.
I gave you links which you smugly stated you don't use. You apparently ignored them.

I stand by my posts. I don't think you will find any credible unbiased source who will argue with my numbers.

I gave you links which you smugly stated you don't use. You apparently ignored them.

So, you gave links to the media, which you yourself admits is biased.

I stand by my posts. I don't think you will find any credible unbiased source who will argue with my numbers.

How can any source argue with them when you do not give any.

So, you gave links to the media, which you yourself admits is biased.

How can any source argue with them when you do not give any.
I did give you link to sources which you smugly dismissed that you don't use such sources. You refuse to say where you got the 'data' that you have such confidence in. And you are really annoying when you deliberately sidetrack the discussion to keep from admitting you don't know anything.

You refuse to say where you got the 'data' that you have such confidence in

are you fucking serious?

It is on every damn graph I posted.

Do we need to find a 4th grader to explain this stuff to you?

1704924437906.png

Low unemployment because people aren't wanting to work is not the same as low unemployment because there are good paying jobs bringing people off the unemployment lines. Increasing employment by growing government is not the same thing as bringing good jobs back to America--jobs lesser pols told us were gone forever.

American families losing $7,000 in buying power is not indicative of a great economy. Wages/income is advancing at a much slower rate and nowhere near enough to keep up with inflation.
That story is written to trick you. It takes a point in 2021 when wages spiked before prices as the baseline. That’s ridiculous. If you compare 2023 to 2019 there is zero loss in buying power.

I have condo association dues, lease, insurance, Edison, internet.

I have so few bills. I don’t even have a phone bill. I have a work phone. That’s like at least $1200 a year in savings right? My condo is paid off, no credit card debt. In fact I just had them send me my $200 cash back that built up.

So, I max out my 401k AND invest $20k a year on top of that. Yea I hate inflation but I jus5 stop buying shit. If you would the prices would go down. And Kroger does buy one get one chicken. Stock up.

So you lied when you said you have no bills. Just as I thought.

That story is written to trick you. It takes a point in 2021 when wages spiked before prices as the baseline. That’s ridiculous. If you compare 2023 to 2019 there is zero loss in buying power.
You'll have a hell of a time proving that. Not even your most leftist/Marxist/idiot source will try to float that nonsense.

You'll have a hell of a time proving that. Not even your most leftist/Marxist/idiot source will try to float that nonsense.
Here is the proof. “Real” wages is the term for adjusting wages against inflation. That is the definition of buying power. As you can see by the black line I put in there we are higher than 2019. Those people who think you are not smart enough to see through them picked a point on that line that was elevated from Covid.

IMG_0625.jpeg

Here is the proof. “Real” wages is the term for adjusting wages against inflation. That is the definition of buying power. As you can see by the black line I put in there we are higher than 2019. Those people who think you are not smart enough to see through them picked a point on that line that was elevated from Covid.

View attachment 886202
Buying power is having the money to buy what you want or need and have the same amount left over proportionately this year as you did last year or five years ago or ten years ago or whatever.

Wages/salaries/income has not kept pace with inflation so the average American family has lost roughly $7,000 in buying power under the Biden administration while it gained several thousand during the Trump administration.

Buying power is having the money to buy what you want or need and have the same amount left over proportionately this year as you did last year or five years ago or ten years ago or whatever.

Wages/salaries/income has not kept pace with inflation so the average American family has lost roughly $7,000 in buying power under the Biden administration while it gained several thousand during the Trump administration.
I put a red dot below on the point they are using to compare. You agree that’s a bogus comparison right?

That’s how they got the number of $7,000. It’s in their notes. If you agree with the data they are using then look at it compared to 2019 and you’ll see it is flat. Prices are up 17.9% and wages are up 17.9%. No loss in buying power.

If you don’t trust the chart you can’t trust the $7,000.

IMG_0625.jpeg

I put a red dot below on the point they are using to compare. You agree that’s a bogus comparison right?

That’s how they got the number of $7,000. It’s in their notes. If you agree with the data they are using then look at it compared to 2019 and you’ll see it is flat. Prices are up 17.9% and wages are up 17.9%. No loss in buying power.

View attachment 886216
Whttps://finance.yahoo.com/news/average-american-family-lost-7k-172024544.htmlho is they?

Whttps://finance.yahoo.com/news/average-american-family-lost-7k-172024544.htmlho is they?

Notice every article you posted picked that red dot 🔴 I showed you in 2021 AND they all used the CPI which my chart does too.

That means they all agree we are flat to 2019 but want you to look at the Covid numbers so that it looks bad. Answer my question. Is that red dot a fair comparison?

IMG_0625.jpeg

Forum List

Back