What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are punishing the children

Their parents are punishing those children, and putting them in harm's way, to reap benefits the the parents are not entitled to.

Actually, many are attempting to either escape extreme poverty or violence to better their own lives but your way sounds so much more dismissive and palatable.

You forgot to mention that my way is also the correct way. Beats catapulting your children over the wall, hoping it gets you in. How irresponsible of the parents, turning their own kids into potential meal tickets.

None of this has anything to do with a reason for separating families, if you can't defend the policy then why post at all?
The only ones to blame for separating illegal alien families are the illegal alien parents, who made the choice to come here illegally, disrespecting our laws, and us.

No, it's the actual people who are unnecessarily separating them for the only reason of making them fearful.

As for the aliens' kids, they have it no worse than American kids of imprisoned (or executed) parents, and they actually have it better, since they CAN stay with their parents if they choose to.

Um, what? That's the whole point, they are being forcefully separated.

As far as American kids, they aren't incarcerated at all, so not sure where you're going but that is a stupid argument.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
No it I NOT EVIL. And you are contradicting yourself. You asked a question which you yourself answered in your own OP> You posted >> "When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed."

This is nothing unusual. When US citizens are convicted of crimes, and put in prison, their children are separated from them. We don't hear many sob stories for THESE kids though, do we ? And unlike the illegal aliens' kids, the American kids have no choice in it. They MUST be separated. And it could be for decades, or life. Or the death penalty.

But the illegal alien kids have it better. They can choose to go with their parents. They are compelled to undergo separation, as the American kids are.

And the illegals' kids really should NOT have that choice either. They shouldn't be here, because the birthright citizenship they claim is FALSE. It comes from the 14th amendment, but the 14th amendment was not intended to include the children of foreigners (so stated the author of the 14th amendment, Sen. Jacob Howard)

They are being separated before they are convicted.
its all a scam using the so call widdle children as RAY says .

Really? There is an actual valid reason for separating children from their parents?

You mean from their criminal parents, YES.

They aren't convicted of a crime and if they don't demonstrate a threat to their children then their is not a valid reason. It's actually harmful to pull families apart.

They should have thought about that.

Before what? Escaping whatever hell they were just to find a better way of life? Or the ones who even go through the proper channels, they are still being separated.

Of course once again, using your logic the United States government could be murdering the kids and you think we would still not be responsible.

Bank robbers...a lesser federal criminal are “just trying to make a better way of life” when they commit robbery...no?

You are punishing the children

Their parents are punishing those children, and putting them in harm's way, to reap benefits the the parents are not entitled to.

Actually, many are attempting to either escape extreme poverty or violence to better their own lives but your way sounds so much more dismissive and palatable.

You forgot to mention that my way is also the correct way. Beats catapulting your children over the wall, hoping it gets you in. How irresponsible of the parents, turning their own kids into potential meal tickets.

Your way is treating people as inhuman. Turning their kids into meal tickets? That's just idiotic. Like most parents they want better lives for their own kids.

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
No it I NOT EVIL. And you are contradicting yourself. You asked a question which you yourself answered in your own OP> You posted >> "When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed."

This is nothing unusual. When US citizens are convicted of crimes, and put in prison, their children are separated from them. We don't hear many sob stories for THESE kids though, do we ? And unlike the illegal aliens' kids, the American kids have no choice in it. They MUST be separated. And it could be for decades, or life. Or the death penalty.

But the illegal alien kids have it better. They can choose to go with their parents. They are compelled to undergo separation, as the American kids are.

And the illegals' kids really should NOT have that choice either. They shouldn't be here, because the birthright citizenship they claim is FALSE. It comes from the 14th amendment, but the 14th amendment was not intended to include the children of foreigners (so stated the author of the 14th amendment, Sen. Jacob Howard)

Really? There is an actual valid reason for separating children from their parents?

They aren't convicted of a crime and if they don't demonstrate a threat to their children then their is not a valid reason. It's actually harmful to pull families apart.

Before what? Escaping whatever hell they were just to find a better way of life? Or the ones who even go through the proper channels, they are still being separated.

Of course once again, using your logic the United States government could be murdering the kids and you think we would still not be responsible.

Bank robbers...a lesser federal criminal are “just trying to make a better way of life” when they commit robbery...no?

I see bank robbers as a more serious offense, not sure what's wrong with you.

Republicans tend to lack basic empathy for things they don’t directly witness. They don’t have the emotional maturity or complexity of thought for such a thing. As a result, they don’t bother thinking about the well being of kids. They just know brown people have crossed the border and their GOP masters tell them it’s a bad thing.

The parents are responsible for anything that happens to the kids, they put them in the situation.

Using that logic we could murder the kids in their sleep and completely escape culpability. Your argument is weak.

Many are raped, beaten and yes some killed even before they reach the border. Many are trafficked and sold once they reach the US, brought here by people they aren't even related to. That's way Sessions is insisting on DNA tests, to prove paternity. Many are given to supposed relatives who are illegal themselves, that's why they don't answer when DHS calls to check on the kids. All because the parents or who ever they are are using them hoping to get a free pass to disappear into the population. Sessions ins't giving any more free passes.

None of this has anything to do with a reason for separating families, if you can't defend the policy then why post at all?

You might look at my first post in this thread. I don't have to defend anything, it's the law. Don't like it, tell you congresscritters to get off their lazy asses and change it.

BTW, how do you know the people that brought the kids here are even their parents? You're just assuming they are.

Republicans tend to lack basic empathy for things they don’t directly witness. They don’t have the emotional maturity or complexity of thought for such a thing. As a result, they don’t bother thinking about the well being of kids. They just know brown people have crossed the border and their GOP masters tell them it’s a bad thing.

The parents are responsible for anything that happens to the kids, they put them in the situation.

Using that logic we could murder the kids in their sleep and completely escape culpability. Your argument is weak.

Many are raped, beaten and yes some killed even before they reach the border. Many are trafficked and sold once they reach the US, brought here by people they aren't even related to. That's way Sessions is insisting on DNA tests, to prove paternity. Many are given to supposed relatives who are illegal themselves, that's why they don't answer when DHS calls to check on the kids. All because the parents or who ever they are are using them hoping to get a free pass to disappear into the population. Sessions ins't giving any more free passes.

You might look at my first post in this thread. I don't have to defend anything, it's the law. Don't like it, tell you congresscritters to get off their lazy asses and change it.

They aren't convicted and deserve their day in court before their kids are ripped from them and sent halfway across the country. Also, like I said they are doing this with those who legally enter the country as well.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children.

The children and their parents need to be deported on an expedited basis.

Incredible image from the contractors hired by Trump:

View attachment 195853

This is a bus designed to haul babies away from their parents to another facility. Nobody knows or will say why they need to be shipped away from their parents....by the busload.

American exceptionalism? Don't make me laugh.

That may be the reason for all of this. The GEO Group is a private prison company and I'm sure they rake in the bucks for this type of service.

View attachment 195853

This is a bus designed to haul babies away from their parents to another facility. Nobody knows or will say why they need to be shipped away from their parents....by the busload.

This is a bus designed to haul babies away from their parents to another facility.

To the soylent green facility.

its all a scam using the so call widdle children as RAY says .

The border patrol is following the law, that's all need said.

I think illegals are far worse actually.
Federal criminality = Federal criminal
What else can I teach you Loon?
Perhaps you could teach yourself about basic human decency and the grey morality of the law. It’s not like you give a shit about Wall Street execs for going unpunished with their past corporate crime. You would rather whine about illegal immigration like a little bitch.

Oh the LefTard logic...
Try to excuse criminality with other criminality...GAY!
“Grey morality of the law”
WTF is that...you Loons sit around in a circle jerk coming up with the craziest bunch of bullshit...hahaha
Lol god you are stupid. This isn’t hard to figure out. Should we treat someone who steals a candy bar like someone who raped someone? Obviously not. It’s amazing I have to walk you through this.

Poor Loon...
There is a FAR greater negative effect for REAL American citizens due to illegal wetbacks. Few are actually affected by bank robbers / robberies. Think once Loon, this is simple shit.
You dumb fuck. Crime among illegal immigrants is statistically low but you believe otherwise because you’re whitetrash. The economy does better with illegal immigrants because of the agricultural industry. You don’t care to learn facts because you don’t give two shits about anyone who isn’t white or straight.

Oh the LefTard logic...
Try to excuse criminality with other criminality...GAY!
“Grey morality of the law”
WTF is that...you Loons sit around in a circle jerk coming up with the craziest bunch of bullshit...hahaha
Lol god you are stupid. This isn’t hard to figure out. Should we treat someone who steals a candy bar like someone who raped someone? Obviously not. It’s amazing I have to walk you through this.

Poor Loon...
There is a FAR greater negative effect for REAL American citizens due to illegal wetbacks. Few are actually affected by bank robbers / robberies. Think once Loon, this is simple shit.
You dumb fuck. Crime among illegal immigrants is statistically low but you believe otherwise because you’re whitetrash. The economy does better with illegal immigrants because of the agricultural industry. You don’t care to learn facts because you don’t give two shits about anyone who isn’t white or straight.

Haha...poor Billy.
You are so lost, confused, twisted and WRONG.
It’s almost sad that a grown man could be so fucked up in the head. Sorry Billy.

If he's so lost then why are you relying on attacking him instead of having a valid reply to his argument?

Okay...I’ll play along.

The truth about crime, illegal immigrants and sanctuary cities
There has been much rhetoric from the left and the open-borders, pro-illegal immigration lobby suggesting that illegal immigrants pose no threat to the safety and security of this nation and commit less crimes than their American Citizen and legal immigrant counterparts.

If one watches the network newscasts, the ideologues and open-borders surrogates consistently accuse Americans and law enforcement experts who suggest otherwise of being racist and anti-immigration xenophobes. If you pay attention to the rhetoric, you will find one blaring item missing — facts.

I am a former Spanish speaking career detective who investigated violent crimes within the Hispanic and other ethnic immigrant communities.

I am also a forensic criminologist who is a subject matter expert in violent crime who advocates for facts and evidence. Here are some verified crime facts and statistics with you so that you will know the truth about the precarious relationship between violent crime and illegal immigrants.

As Americans, we should only care about three things: (1) are the immigrants in the U.S. illegally; (2) have they committed violent crimes predominantly against U.S. citizens; and (3) had these criminals not been in our country illegally, these crimes, the victimization of our citizens and the costs of their crimes borne by American taxpayers could have been completely avoided.

Previous administrations have deliberately kept Americans in the dark about illegal immigrant crimes

Most states and our federal government have kept information and statistics about illegal immigration, crimes committed by illegals and the costs borne by you the U.S. payer out of public view. It is in fact difficult, but not impossible to locate accurate crime statistics involving illegal immigrants. The statistics are buried both to suit a political agenda and to avoid public outcry. Once you read this article, you will quickly understand why.

The Pew Research Institute estimates that as of 2014, there are at least 11.2 million illegal immigrants residing in the U.S. This population comprises approximately 3.5 percent of our country’s population.

Of these, by far the largest ethnic population, 52 percent are Hispanics comprised of Mexicans, Central Americans and Cubans.

Six states: California, Texas, Illinois, Florida, New York and New Jersey account for 59 percent of all illegal immigrants residing in the U.S. The fact that 66 percent of all illegal immigrants have lived in our nation for over ten years underscores our long-standing inability to address the serious problem of our inability to control our nation’s borders.

The relationship between illegal immigrants and violent crime

Research conducted by the federal government oversight organization Judicial Water n 2014 documents that 50 percent of all federal crimes were committed near our border with Mexico.

Of the 61,529 criminal cases filed by federal prosecutors; 40 percent or 24,746 were in court districts along the southern borders of California, Arizona and Texas.

The Western District of Texas had the nation’s most significant crime rate with over 6,300 cases filed; followed by the Southern District of Texas with slightly over 6,000 cases.

The Southern California District with nearly 4,900 cases; New Mexico with nearly 4,000 cases and Arizona with over 3,500 criminal cases ranked 3rd, 4th and 5th.

The U.S. Department of Justice documents that in 2014, 19 percent or over 12,000 criminal cases filed by prosecutors were for violent crimes; and over 22 percent or 13,300 cases were for drug related felonies.

That same year, the U.S. Sentencing Commission found that 75 percent of all criminal defendants who were convicted and sentenced for federal drug offenses were illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants were also involved in 17 percent of all drug trafficking sentences and one third of all federal prison sentences.

The U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that as of 2014, illegal immigrants were convicted and sentenced for over 13 percent of all crimes committed in the U.S.

According to the FBI, 67,642 murders were committed in the U.S. from 2005 through 2008, and 115,717 from 2003 through 2009. The General Accounting Office documents that criminal immigrants committed 25,064 of these murders.

Illegal immigrants clearly commit a level of violent and drug related crimes disproportionate to their population.

In California alone, over 2,400 illegal immigrants out of a total prison population of 130,000 are imprisoned in the state’s prison system for the crime of homicide.

The misrepresentation of comparisons in who commits crimes between illegal immigrants, legal U.S. immigrants and American citizens

The pro-illegal immigrant lobby consistently misrepresents the criminal involvement of illegal immigrants as compared to immigrants who legally enter the U.S. and American citizens, saying that illegal immigrants commit less crimes than their counterparts. This assertion is false in most cases. Here are the vetted statistics:

In California, there are just over 92 illegal immigrants imprisoned for every 100,000 illegals as compared to 74 citizens and legal non-citizen immigrants. In Arizona, the rate is nearly 69 illegals imprisoned for every 100,000, as compared to 54 citizens and legal non-citizen immigrants.

In New York, over three times as many illegal immigrants or 169, are imprisoned for crimes per 100,000, as compared to only 48 citizens and legal non-citizen immigrants. Only the states of Texas and Florida do illegal immigrants commit less crimes than their legal immigrant counterparts (Texas with 54.5 illegals imprisoned per 100,000, compared to 65 legal immigrants and Florida with 55 illegals imprisoned, compared to 68 legal immigrants).

Texas is an epicenter for illegal immigrant crimes

Recent crime analysis by both the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Texas law enforcement authorities indicate that between June 2011 and March 2017, over 217,000 criminal immigrants were arrested and booked into Texas jails.

In researching the criminal careers of these defendants, it was revealed that they had jointly committed over nearly 600,000 criminal offenses. Their arrests included nearly 1,200 homicides; almost 69,000 assaults; 16,854 burglaries; 700 kidnappings; nearly 6,200 sexual assaults; 69,000 drug offenses; 8,700 weapons violations; over 3,800 robberies and over 45,000 obstructing police charges. In determining the status of these offenders in the U.S., it was confirmed by DHS that over 173,000 or 66 percent of these immigrant criminal defendants were in our country illegally at the times of their arrests.

“Sanctuary State” California politicians fight against deporting criminal illegal immigrants

Currently, a fight is brewing between California Open Borders politicians and the state’s Democratic controlled Legislature and the Department of Justice regarding the protection of violent criminal illegal immigrants.

Hardly any Californian’s know that in 2014, Gov. Brown signed a bill that amended a state statute amending the maximum sentencing for misdemeanor crimes by one day from 365 to 364 days in jail. This was deliberately done to avoid current federal laws that provide for the deportation of illegal and legal immigrants in this country who have received sentences of 365 days or more.

With the newly enacted jail and prison diversion programs of Propositions 109 and 47, Gov. Brown and company are effectively preventing the federal government from removing violent and recidivist illegal immigrants from our midst through the deportation process.

The extreme costs of keeping illegal immigrant criminals in this country

According to research and statistics by the U.S. Departments of Justice and Homeland Security, U.S. taxpayers are footing an annual bill of nearly $19 million a day to house and care for an estimated 300,000 to 450,000 convicted criminal immigrants who are eligible for deportation and are currently residing in local jails and state and federal prisons across the country.

These figures include not only those immigrants who are in the U.S. illegally, but all immigrants here who commit and have been convicted of crimes. Other accounting estimates indicate that the total cost for all corrections, medical and support services for adults and juvenile immigrant criminals nationally to be over $1.8 billion dollars.

So the next time you hear some Open Borders politician or pro illegal immigrant surrogates advocate on their behalf, ask yourself why we as American citizens need to bear the increasing costs of violence, victimization and burdensome taxes in subsidizing illegal immigrant criminals who shouldn’t be in our country in the first place.

Ron Martinelli is a nationally renowned forensic criminologist and law enforcement expert. Martinelli is a retired San Jose (CA) police detective who provides forensic investigation and expert services to numerous states, large municipalities and national private law firms specializing in civil rights. He is fluent in Spanish and divides his time between California, Texas and Mexico.
The truth about crime, illegal immigrants and sanctuary cities

It's like separating Charles Manson from his family

View attachment 195853

That may be the reason for all of this. The GEO Group is a private prison company and I'm sure they rake in the bucks for this type of service.

No doubt. This is what America has become. Industrial scale barbarism in the disguise of defending our nation against two year old children.
Aside from the unimaginable pieces of shit who drew up the plans, can you imagine the people who work for GEO and what their days must be like in their prison nurseries?

They aren't convicted and deserve their day in court before their kids are ripped from them and sent halfway across the country. Also, like I said they are doing this with those who legally enter the country as well.

The adults are a flight risk, they stay in detention until their trial or hearing, the courts say the kids can't be held there. Address the law, not me.

If Canadian Geese had any money they'd be detained at all the borders on their way south for ransom.

This is yet another far left drone troll thread about nothing!

The far left does not care about children, especially these kids. The only reason why they mention them as they need more political cannon fodder to push their debunked religious narratives.

8 years of Obama and the far left did nothing!

They don't have to come here. Give them the choice. Take your children and go home or they will be taken from you now and you still might be deported later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back