What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a story. Ever hear of the Civil War?

Just because most of us never had to doesn't mean nobody did. We lost a lot of Americans to create and maintain this great place we call America. But that doesn't mean this great place is open to the world. What you want is never ending immigration until the point these people take over our country and turn it into one of theirs which will happen if we don't have massive restrictions on our borders.

We don't have 12 million illegals here because we did enough, we have them because at times we didn't do anything. It's about time we start.

What you are saying is exactly what was said about every other immigration group - they don't assimilate. Yet they do. I'm tired of the constant (and false) argument that if I oppose certain policies I MUST be for open borders and unrestricted immigration.

I'm not.

Oh, sure they assimilate. Why didn't I have to press 1 on my phone to speak our language 20 years ago? Why were signs on the doors in English only 20 years ago and not today? Why do they ask me what language I want my ballot in when I vote; something they never had to ask 20 years ago?

I'm a truck driver and run into a lot of foreigners who are taking American jobs and keeping our wages low. Many of them don't know a word of English, yet they are on the road driving right next to your minivan on our highways with a 75,000 lbs killing machine.

Many of them are not assimilating. They are changing our country instead.

On this I actually agree with Ray.

If you immigrate to Germany, you are required.... REQUIRED.... to learn German. It's not an option. You must do it.

If you go to Denmark, you are required to learn how to swim with co-eds. It's not an option. You must do it.

Why? Because in Germany they speak German, and you need to learn German to be a productive useful citizen that is not a burden on the country. Because in Denmark, there are waterways everywhere, and in order to both be able to save yourself, and your fellow citizens, no matter what gender you are, or they are, you need to know how to swim and save people.

I mention both of these, because both of these countries have deported immigrants who refused to learn German, or learn how to swim with co-eds.

There was some Muslim women that went to Denmark with her family, but refused to learn how to swim. They shipped her butt back to where she came from, and rightly so. There was a Muslim man who refused to learn German because Arabic is all he needed. They shipped his butt back to where he came from.

So where I differ from the right-wingers on here, is that I have no problem at all, with immigrants coming to this country. I find most of the immigrants, with some exceptions, to be wonderful people that I love coming here, and I am particular to Christian immigrants.

However, where I agree with the right-wing completely and if it were up to me, I'd have it be required by law, is that they MUST INTEGRATE. They must learn English, they must learn US customs. They need to learn to how to take a bath. They need to learn how to speak and read properly.

This is one of the very few areas, that I actually support Federal programs for it. Generally I'm against all Federal programs, but I would be supportive of a program for teaching basic American etiquette, and American language. (meaning American English).

You want to come here? Great! Fantastic. Come on in, but you dump your culture that you came from, and you adapt to American Culture. None of this multi-cultural crap that hasn't worked for the last 50+ years. You come here, that's wonderful, but you become an American. You don't want to? That's fine. Stay where you are. You can come when you want to be an American.

The problem is they don't come here to be American, they come here to use America.

We don't have as much of a problem with immigrants up north as they do in the south, but from what I understand, they pack 12 people in a two bedroom house and after all expenses are met, they send the rest of their money back over the border.

We do have a system for integration, and that is to only allow 1 million people a year to come here. At one point in the early 1900's they just about closed down the border to allow people to assimilate because they were getting like the immigrants that are here today and changing the country.

You are correct. I lived in an apartment complex once, in Tucson, where ICE raided another apartment right after I moved in. You would not have BELIEVED the number of people they took out of that two-bedroom apartment in handcuffs. It was like a clown car. And THEN they started clearing out boxes and containers, and going through them for contraband. Holy shit. Took hours, and the amount of stuff they found . . . yow.

And that's a different thing. There are drug groups that are operating in the US, from Mexico, and those people need shot. as in.... shot. They keep coming back, when we send them home alive..... we can fix that.

Obama should have just sent all border agents home. His tough stance was a complete joke.

And the current attack by the left is to try and get that back.

They say they don't want open borders. They speak with forked tounge.
No president has deported more illegal immigrants than Barrack Obama.

Presidency of Barack Obama, 3.2 million people deported. 400,000/yr. Avg.
Presidency of George W. Bush, 2 million people were deported. 250,000/Yr. Avg.
Presidency of Bill Clinton, 870,000 people deported. 108,750/Yr. Avg.
Presidency of Donald Trump 240,00 deported in first yr. 240,000/Yr. Avg
Deportation and removal from the United States - Wikipedia

Obama should have just sent all border agents home. His tough stance was a complete joke.

I posted data back in this thread..........showing how he just let a half a million go free.............guess you didn't notice. .......that was in one year alone.

The Obama admin set the all time deportation records, eagle.

No amount of Alt Right fake news can cover that up.

I still think they should shoot on sight at the border. If others have a problem with it, too damn bad; the Filipino president runs around slaughtering "drug dealers" and no one does anything to him.

It's not a story. Ever hear of the Civil War?

Just because most of us never had to doesn't mean nobody did. We lost a lot of Americans to create and maintain this great place we call America. But that doesn't mean this great place is open to the world. What you want is never ending immigration until the point these people take over our country and turn it into one of theirs which will happen if we don't have massive restrictions on our borders.

We don't have 12 million illegals here because we did enough, we have them because at times we didn't do anything. It's about time we start.

What you are saying is exactly what was said about every other immigration group - they don't assimilate. Yet they do. I'm tired of the constant (and false) argument that if I oppose certain policies I MUST be for open borders and unrestricted immigration.

I'm not.

Oh, sure they assimilate. Why didn't I have to press 1 on my phone to speak our language 20 years ago? Why were signs on the doors in English only 20 years ago and not today? Why do they ask me what language I want my ballot in when I vote; something they never had to ask 20 years ago?

I'm a truck driver and run into a lot of foreigners who are taking American jobs and keeping our wages low. Many of them don't know a word of English, yet they are on the road driving right next to your minivan on our highways with a 75,000 lbs killing machine.

If you immigrate to Germany, you are required.... REQUIRED.... to learn German. It's not an option. You must do it.

If you go to Denmark, you are required to learn how to swim with co-eds. It's not an option. You must do it.

Why? Because in Germany they speak German, and you need to learn German to be a productive useful citizen that is not a burden on the country. Because in Denmark, there are waterways everywhere, and in order to both be able to save yourself, and your fellow citizens, no matter what gender you are, or they are, you need to know how to swim and save people.

I mention both of these, because both of these countries have deported immigrants who refused to learn German, or learn how to swim with co-eds.

There was some Muslim women that went to Denmark with her family, but refused to learn how to swim. They shipped her butt back to where she came from, and rightly so. There was a Muslim man who refused to learn German because Arabic is all he needed. They shipped his butt back to where he came from.

So where I differ from the right-wingers on here, is that I have no problem at all, with immigrants coming to this country. I find most of the immigrants, with some exceptions, to be wonderful people that I love coming here, and I am particular to Christian immigrants.

However, where I agree with the right-wing completely and if it were up to me, I'd have it be required by law, is that they MUST INTEGRATE. They must learn English, they must learn US customs. They need to learn to how to take a bath. They need to learn how to speak and read properly.

This is one of the very few areas, that I actually support Federal programs for it. Generally I'm against all Federal programs, but I would be supportive of a program for teaching basic American etiquette, and American language. (meaning American English).

You want to come here? Great! Fantastic. Come on in, but you dump your culture that you came from, and you adapt to American Culture. None of this multi-cultural crap that hasn't worked for the last 50+ years. You come here, that's wonderful, but you become an American. You don't want to? That's fine. Stay where you are. You can come when you want to be an American.

The problem is they don't come here to be American, they come here to use America.

We don't have as much of a problem with immigrants up north as they do in the south, but from what I understand, they pack 12 people in a two bedroom house and after all expenses are met, they send the rest of their money back over the border.

We do have a system for integration, and that is to only allow 1 million people a year to come here. At one point in the early 1900's they just about closed down the border to allow people to assimilate because they were getting like the immigrants that are here today and changing the country.

I could not possibly care less about that.

What business is it of mine what they do with their money? The irrelevance of that question is a core fundamental of right-wing ideology. We don't give a crap what people do with the money they rightfully earn.

I don't start dictating what you do with your money. You don't care what I do with my money. We don't complain about what rich people do with their money.

That whole thing, is a left-wing belief system. That's why left-wingers demand regulations and controls on every aspect of our lives, like what light bulb you can buy, what car you can buy, whether you have solar panels on your roof, or what investment bank you use.

We don't do that.

So I don't give a flying crap, what a Mexican immigrant does with the money he earns. I personally send thousands of dollars overseas every year in charity. What business is that of yours, or anyone else?

Nonya.

Now as far as why they come here.... doesn't matter as long as we have them learn English and American customs.

Who cares? What difference does that make?

Are they producing goods and services in the US? IF yes, then that is a benefit to the entire country.

Even if they were burying money in the back yard, their production alone is a benefit.

Now as for the money.... economically speaking, it doesn't matter where the money goes (as long as it isn't government).

It doesn't matter if it goes to Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Russia, China, Japan, or anywhere.

Where ever the money goes, it must come back. It has to. I have relatives that lived in Mexico. Not one said they could use a US dollar, at a Mexican store. They only take pesos. That means they can't use US dollars in Mexico. They have to exchange for Pesos. What does the bank do with it? They can't Pesos for Dollars, to companies that want to import stuff from the US. The money comes back.

By the way, it has to come back, or the economy would be empty of US dollars by now. The trade deficit has been larger than the total amount of US dollars in the world, for decades. If the dollars did not come back, there wouldn't be a single US dollar in the entire US, for decades.

So whether they send most of their money back to Mexico, doesn't matter. It all comes back, it all benefits the US.

In one way yes and another way no.

People always ask what labor is worth. The answer is simple: you are worth only as much as your employer can find somebody else to do the same job and same quality of work. That's it.

If you make 20 dollars an hour, and your boss refused your request for a raise, and you quit, then he needs to find somebody to replace you.

If he can find somebody for 18 dollars an hour, you were being overpaid. If he can't find anybody that will work for less than 23 an hour, you were right to leave the job because you were underpaid. If he can replace you for 20 dollars an hour, you were earning a fair wage.

Supply and demand is what determines wages. It's almost a perfect system until you throw a monkey wrench in it like unions or foreign labor. Bring in foreigners that will work for less money because they are not spending it here, then all wages are stagnant or lower than what Americans should be paid.

A hundred dollars goes a lot further in Mexico than in the US. So they make their money here keeping our wages low, send it back there where they can live pretty well, and no benefit to the US worker.

If it's one thing liberals are correct on, it's that the middle-class is shrinking. Until we put a lock on our doors, the middle-class will continue to shrink.

We are a nation subject to the Rule of Law, John, and that will not change for the likes of the far right.

The Obama admin set the all time deportation records, eagle.

No amount of Alt Right fake news can cover that up.
Another poster boy for the liberal insane.................I posted other wise........and Catch and Release was a complete joke.

You might have a point if deportation carried the same definition. But Bush changed the definition of deportation when he was serving his second term.

To say that Obama's admin did not set the record for all deportations is fake news. That is a lie. It is to forward the anti-American agenda of the Russian trolls and their American fifth columnists. They apparently want to kill the bankers, too, which makes no sense at all.

I'm not.

What business is it of mine what they do with their money? The irrelevance of that question is a core fundamental of right-wing ideology. We don't give a crap what people do with the money they rightfully earn.

I don't start dictating what you do with your money. You don't care what I do with my money. We don't complain about what rich people do with their money.

That whole thing, is a left-wing belief system. That's why left-wingers demand regulations and controls on every aspect of our lives, like what light bulb you can buy, what car you can buy, whether you have solar panels on your roof, or what investment bank you use.

We don't do that.

So I don't give a flying crap, what a Mexican immigrant does with the money he earns. I personally send thousands of dollars overseas every year in charity. What business is that of yours, or anyone else?

Nonya.

Now as far as why they come here.... doesn't matter as long as we have them learn English and American customs.

Are they producing goods and services in the US? IF yes, then that is a benefit to the entire country.

Even if they were burying money in the back yard, their production alone is a benefit.

Now as for the money.... economically speaking, it doesn't matter where the money goes (as long as it isn't government).

It doesn't matter if it goes to Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Russia, China, Japan, or anywhere.

Where ever the money goes, it must come back. It has to. I have relatives that lived in Mexico. Not one said they could use a US dollar, at a Mexican store. They only take pesos. That means they can't use US dollars in Mexico. They have to exchange for Pesos. What does the bank do with it? They can't Pesos for Dollars, to companies that want to import stuff from the US. The money comes back.

By the way, it has to come back, or the economy would be empty of US dollars by now. The trade deficit has been larger than the total amount of US dollars in the world, for decades. If the dollars did not come back, there wouldn't be a single US dollar in the entire US, for decades.

So whether they send most of their money back to Mexico, doesn't matter. It all comes back, it all benefits the US.

People always ask what labor is worth. The answer is simple: you are worth only as much as your employer can find somebody else to do the same job and same quality of work. That's it.

If you make 20 dollars an hour, and your boss refused your request for a raise, and you quit, then he needs to find somebody to replace you.

If he can find somebody for 18 dollars an hour, you were being overpaid. If he can't find anybody that will work for less than 23 an hour, you were right to leave the job because you were underpaid. If he can replace you for 20 dollars an hour, you were earning a fair wage.

Supply and demand is what determines wages. It's almost a perfect system until you throw a monkey wrench in it like unions or foreign labor. Bring in foreigners that will work for less money because they are not spending it here, then all wages are stagnant or lower than what Americans should be paid.

A hundred dollars goes a lot further in Mexico than in the US. So they make their money here keeping our wages low, send it back there where they can live pretty well, and no benefit to the US worker.

If it's one thing liberals are correct on, it's that the middle-class is shrinking. Until we put a lock on our doors, the middle-class will continue to shrink.

Actually....part of that is not even true. There was some research made on the claim that they depress our wages. What they found was that there was only ONE group of Americans, who's wages were affected and that was Americans without a highschool diploma (a very small proportion of Americans) and even then, the wage depression was very small.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
All foreign nationals in the US should have a federal id. while in the US. A fee or fine can make that happen. Capitalism can work, if we let it. Not all entry into the Union is immigration; they should have to apply for citizenship or they are just tourists who may have permission to work in the US, for an additional fee.

We don't do that.

Nonya.

Actually....part of that is not even true. There was some research made on the claim that they depress our wages. What they found was that there was only ONE group of Americans, who's wages were affected and that was Americans without a highschool diploma (a very small proportion of Americans) and even then, the wage depression was very small.

Then that research is wrong because I see it every day. There are jobs that pay real crap money and they get workers to take those jobs. The labor competition is less so there is no need for employers to increase their offers.

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
All foreign nationals in the US should have a federal id. while in the US. A fee or fine can make that happen. Capitalism can work, if we let it. Not all entry into the Union is immigration; they should have to apply for citizenship or they are just tourists who may have permission to work in the US, for an additional fee.

That would never work for the republican business owners:

BTW, Trump just commuted the sentence of the guy who ran all this operation in Postville (Sholom) to time served.

Postville raid - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Everyone in the court system of America has the same rights: end of story.
These same conditions were present under Obama. Where was the concern then........ But he just let them go. I posted info about that.
Really? Explain.
Same beds. Same human trafficking. Same overcrowding. Same detention process
The difference is during the Obama administration there were some scattered cases of family separation, usually local decisions but the Trump administration has formalized it into a rather cruel and inhumane policy. Considering the majority of people violating immigration law are only guilty of a civil violation, or criminal misdemeanor, such an action is grossly unfair. No wonder we have so many sanctuary cities.

That would never work for the republican business owners:

BTW, Trump just commuted the sentence of the guy who ran all this operation in Postville (Sholom) to time served.

Postville raid - Wikipedia

I find this especially ironic. Here in Iowa, the very heart of the GOP, the MAJORITY of the residents in town are illegals, and few, if any, speak English, and nobody "noticed" for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back