What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I never claimed credit for that, it's been in the news. You need get to out more. Meanwhile, please feel to extol the virtues of ripping babies from the arms of their mothers in hour effort to "stop" illegal immigration. A pity you can't put all that energy into stopping rape and murder and child abuse. Oops. You support child abuse don't you? Never mind then. Your warped priorities will hopefuly be just another page in our countries book of shame in a few years.
On the second offense it is a felony..........and those get put into prison with some very bad people.........Let's put the children into prison with drug traffickers and Human Traffickers.

In the Omnibus they only gave Trump half what he requested for more beds.
They also weren't so nice on implementing E-Verify............didn't give enough for more judges but more judges for immigration courts did happen..........

Everything some have complained about here was proposed.................

Want more beds and speedy trials.............how about voting to fund it.

Sure. But I sure as hell won't vote for tearing children from their families. Strange but - that wasn't necessary before. Nor was it the policy. Now suddenly, it must be done. And folks pretend it's for the good of the children. I say bullshit on that. Not when there are other accommodations for families.

Obama hadn't advertised the fact that we would let illegals with children get a free pass before.

Human trafficking and child smuggling has become epidemic. And it's because of people like you.
Parents bring their kids to America seeking protection for their family from violence and poverty is not human trafficking.

Yeah, except how are we supposed to know which ones are actual parents, and which ones are lying through their teeth? You like to pretend there's no issue with unaccompanied minors crossing the border that has to be factored into our policies, but that's not the case.
I am pretty sure they can tell otherwise every family with kids, legal or otherwise crossing a border either way should be stopped, and have their kids confiscated.

...I am pretty sure they can tell otherwise every family with kids, legal or otherwise crossing a border either way should be stopped, and have their kids confiscated.
No need to stop anyone on their way out... only on their way in... and the kids are not being 'confiscated'... merely taken into protective custody while parents are processed.

There's a really simple cure for that... don't cross onto US soil without our express prior consent... break our laws, and you're in deep $hit.

We owe Illegal Aliens nothing.

Time to put Sheriff Joe Arpaio in charge of Immigrant Detention Centers on the southern border.

Last edited:
Sure. But I sure as hell won't vote for tearing children from their families. Strange but - that wasn't necessary before. Nor was it the policy. Now suddenly, it must be done. And folks pretend it's for the good of the children. I say bullshit on that. Not when there are other accommodations for families.
Before (during the Obama years), illegal aliens weren't detained. They had catch & release. They get a ticket to appear in court, laugh at it, tear it up, and walk away. No more of that now.

So what's your stance on American kids being torn from their families when the family member(s) goes to jail ?
Usually he kids go with a relative or the other parent, and the other has gone to court, been convicted and sentenced. They work very hard to keep them within the family and I have never heard of it being used as a deterrent.

Do they take your kids away when you get a parking ticket?

That's not a fair comparison. No one is goes to jail for 20 years for unlawful entry into the US or unlawful presence. There is no reason why parents should be separated from their children while they are being detained. They can be held in family detention centers. If the adults are convicted of a crime and sent to prison, then the children should should be turned over to an agency for placement. If they are deported they should be turned back over to parents.

Separating these children from their parents is a disaster waiting to happen particular with the younger kids. The Trump administration has made separating kids of detained parents a policy which means there're going have thousands of them. When these kids start turning up missing or worse and can't be returned to the parents, the democrats will have a field day.

OK so we could ask the question >> if an American couple are arrested for some white collar misdemeanor, and are sentenced to 6 months in a federal prison, and they have a 1 year old child, should that kid should be in their prison cell with them, for that 6 months time ? (so as to prevent their separation ?)
Is this opposition to separation only for foreigners ?

And no, the Trump administration has not made separating kids of detained parents, a policy. It has always been the policy for kids of criminal parents to stay home, while parent serves time. Been that way for 200+ years in America,
Again, your comparison is invalid. Young children taken from American parents typical have a support structure of relatives, friends, and schools that will care for them while their parents are away. That is rarely the case with undocumented immigrants newly arrived in America. If the children are removed while parents are in detention they are typically placed with other immigrant families often undocumented and passed on to others to be lost in the system. This is a traumatic event in the lives of the children that often does irreparable damage. And it is so unnecessary. ICE has family detention centers established by congress in 2006. Also, there are tens of thousands of vacant FEMA trailers scatter all over the country that can be used for detention.

I have never suggested that children be placed in prison with parents. The children should stay with their parents while they are being detained in family detention centers. If a judge decides the parents should spend 6 mos in prison then the children should be remove. However, since most of the parents will be 1st time offenders they will be deported without prison time.

The intention of the Trump administration is to punish the parents by taking the children away. This is an old tactic that works, hold the kids hostage and you'll get whatever you want from their parents.

I doubt these people care two-shits about these kids. If they did, they never would have brought these children with them. If I decided I was going to take a very dangerous journey across Mexico and maybe end up having my kids taken away, then I'm going alone and will send for them later unless they are really not my kids and I don't really care about them.
Well, they can't exactly send them off to a Swiss boarding school or leave them with their rich aunt. So they do the same thing immigrants to America have done for over two centuries. They pack of the family and take their chances at new life in America.
------------------------------------------------ and thats what REAL Americans are trying to stop Flopper .

...I am pretty sure they can tell otherwise every family with kids, legal or otherwise crossing a border either way should be stopped, and have their kids confiscated.
No need to stop anyone on their way out... only on their way in... and the kids are not being 'confiscated'... merely taken into protective custody while parents are processed.

There's a really simple cure for that... don't cross onto US soil without our express prior consent... break our laws, and you're in deep $hit.

We owe Illegal Aliens nothing.

You think human trafficking doesn’t go in both directions? Or are you finally admitting it isn’t really about trafficking?

...You think human trafficking doesn’t go in both directions? Or are you finally admitting it isn’t really about trafficking?
Don't care about that. Never said it was about trafficking. It's about stopping wave after wave of Illegal Immigrants flooding our country from the southern border.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.

Then it clearly is not so terrible to you. It's a human cost you find WORTH IT.

They don't see them as human.
----------------------------------- sure they are human but they aren't AMERICAN HappyJoy .

...You think human trafficking doesn’t go in both directions? Or are you finally admitting it isn’t really about trafficking?
Don't care about that. Never said it was about trafficking. It's about stopping wave after wave of Illegal Immigrants flooding our country from the southern border.
------------------------------ me , i don't care about the supposed trafficking . I don't like the invasion by third worlders [legal or illegal] .

like i said earlier , 310 million in the USA in 2010 census and that doesn't count millions of illegal invaders . There is NO reason for more of DEAD 'ted kennedy's' and the dems imported people .

Obama should have just sent all border agents home. His tough stance was a complete joke.

And the current attack by the left is to try and get that back.

They say they don't want open borders. They speak with forked tounge.

...Do they take your kids away when you get a parking ticket?
Worst and most lopsided "False Equivalency" I've encountered anywhere all week long.
Really? You mean like the false equivalence equating illegal immigration with rape and murder?
That, too. The Imperial Cheeto does it all the time Totally bogus. You were keeping him company with that one.
tongue_smile.gif

Those who separate children from family for legally presenting themselves at the border for entry are human demons.

Those who separate children from family for legally presenting themselves at the border for entry are human demons.
It's only a felony for the 2nd count of being caught here illegally. You make it sound as though they got themself caught.

Which is different from coming to the border and seek asylum.

You are confused.

I'm pretty sure that if it were 1960, most of the posters on this thread would form a gang to drive out Puerto Ricans from their neighborhood, and call themselves the "Jets"

It's only a felony for the 2nd count of being caught here illegally. You make it sound as though they got themself caught. Which is different from coming to the border and seek asylum. You are confused.
Actually you are describing yourself: confused. And accused for supporting the tearing apart of families.

It's only a felony for the 2nd count of being caught here illegally. You make it sound as though they got themself caught. Which is different from coming to the border and seek asylum. You are confused.
Actually you are describing yourself: confused. And accused for supporting the tearing apart of families.
We are only guilty of supporting the laws of the Republic. They are not citizens and aren't.
guaranteed anything

Do it legally or not at all. Adults are housed in prisons not day care centers. It is no place for a child.

We do not build apartment complexes for illegsls but temporary processing and detention centers. And they are booked solid.

If you don't like the laws. Tell Congress to get off their lazy asses and fix it.

These same conditions were present under Obama. Where was the concern then........ But he just let them go. I posted info about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back