What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as they have a place to flock to, these countries are nothing but breeding grounds for future US troubles.

Our country didn't come effortlessly either. We had to fight a lot of wars, sometimes killing each other. Freedom is something that costs a lot of lives. It's about time people in these countries start fighting for themselves, otherwise in 100 years, they will still be coming here.

Most of us have never had to.

Nor have we lived under the conditions and violence in those countries. In fact many of us have ancestors that came here fleeing those kinds of things.

Sure sounds like a nice story though.

It's not a story. Ever hear of the Civil War?

Just because most of us never had to doesn't mean nobody did. We lost a lot of Americans to create and maintain this great place we call America. But that doesn't mean this great place is open to the world. What you want is never ending immigration until the point these people take over our country and turn it into one of theirs which will happen if we don't have massive restrictions on our borders.

We don't have 12 million illegals here because we did enough, we have them because at times we didn't do anything. It's about time we start.

What you are saying is exactly what was said about every other immigration group - they don't assimilate. Yet they do. I'm tired of the constant (and false) argument that if I oppose certain policies I MUST be for open borders and unrestricted immigration.

I'm not.

Oh, sure they assimilate. Why didn't I have to press 1 on my phone to speak our language 20 years ago? Why were signs on the doors in English only 20 years ago and not today? Why do they ask me what language I want my ballot in when I vote; something they never had to ask 20 years ago?

I'm a truck driver and run into a lot of foreigners who are taking American jobs and keeping our wages low. Many of them don't know a word of English, yet they are on the road driving right next to your minivan on our highways with a 75,000 lbs killing machine.

Many of them are not assimilating. They are changing our country instead.

On this I actually agree with Ray.

If you immigrate to Germany, you are required.... REQUIRED.... to learn German. It's not an option. You must do it.

If you go to Denmark, you are required to learn how to swim with co-eds. It's not an option. You must do it.

Why? Because in Germany they speak German, and you need to learn German to be a productive useful citizen that is not a burden on the country. Because in Denmark, there are waterways everywhere, and in order to both be able to save yourself, and your fellow citizens, no matter what gender you are, or they are, you need to know how to swim and save people.

I mention both of these, because both of these countries have deported immigrants who refused to learn German, or learn how to swim with co-eds.

There was some Muslim women that went to Denmark with her family, but refused to learn how to swim. They shipped her butt back to where she came from, and rightly so. There was a Muslim man who refused to learn German because Arabic is all he needed. They shipped his butt back to where he came from.

So where I differ from the right-wingers on here, is that I have no problem at all, with immigrants coming to this country. I find most of the immigrants, with some exceptions, to be wonderful people that I love coming here, and I am particular to Christian immigrants.

However, where I agree with the right-wing completely and if it were up to me, I'd have it be required by law, is that they MUST INTEGRATE. They must learn English, they must learn US customs. They need to learn to how to take a bath. They need to learn how to speak and read properly.

This is one of the very few areas, that I actually support Federal programs for it. Generally I'm against all Federal programs, but I would be supportive of a program for teaching basic American etiquette, and American language. (meaning American English).

You want to come here? Great! Fantastic. Come on in, but you dump your culture that you came from, and you adapt to American Culture. None of this multi-cultural crap that hasn't worked for the last 50+ years. You come here, that's wonderful, but you become an American. You don't want to? That's fine. Stay where you are. You can come when you want to be an American.
Immigrants assimilate faster in America than ever before and there's good reason. Long before they come to America, they are watching American TV and movies, eating hamburgers at McDonald and shopping at Amazon. In many countries English is a required language in school. American pop music, best sellers, and current news is all over the world.

Many people assume that the European immigrants of generations past assimilated quickly, unlike Latin American, Asian, or Muslim immigrants today. Not true. Lasting ethnic enclaves like Greektowns and Little Italys were typical. Today’s immigrants actually learn English and forget their native languages faster than did the earlier newcomers. Similarly, romanticized memories lead many to believe that, unlike today’s immigrants, their ancestors made it up the ladder on their own steam–also a distortion. In the end, the supposedly unassimilable children and grandchildren of earlier immigrants became regular Americans, often to the chagrin of parents who hoped that their traditions would be more lasting.

Today’s immigrants assimilate faster than the Europeans who came before them

Nor have we lived under the conditions and violence in those countries. In fact many of us have ancestors that came here fleeing those kinds of things.

Just because most of us never had to doesn't mean nobody did. We lost a lot of Americans to create and maintain this great place we call America. But that doesn't mean this great place is open to the world. What you want is never ending immigration until the point these people take over our country and turn it into one of theirs which will happen if we don't have massive restrictions on our borders.

We don't have 12 million illegals here because we did enough, we have them because at times we didn't do anything. It's about time we start.

What you are saying is exactly what was said about every other immigration group - they don't assimilate. Yet they do. I'm tired of the constant (and false) argument that if I oppose certain policies I MUST be for open borders and unrestricted immigration.

I'm not.

Oh, sure they assimilate. Why didn't I have to press 1 on my phone to speak our language 20 years ago? Why were signs on the doors in English only 20 years ago and not today? Why do they ask me what language I want my ballot in when I vote; something they never had to ask 20 years ago?

I'm a truck driver and run into a lot of foreigners who are taking American jobs and keeping our wages low. Many of them don't know a word of English, yet they are on the road driving right next to your minivan on our highways with a 75,000 lbs killing machine.

If you immigrate to Germany, you are required.... REQUIRED.... to learn German. It's not an option. You must do it.

If you go to Denmark, you are required to learn how to swim with co-eds. It's not an option. You must do it.

Why? Because in Germany they speak German, and you need to learn German to be a productive useful citizen that is not a burden on the country. Because in Denmark, there are waterways everywhere, and in order to both be able to save yourself, and your fellow citizens, no matter what gender you are, or they are, you need to know how to swim and save people.

I mention both of these, because both of these countries have deported immigrants who refused to learn German, or learn how to swim with co-eds.

There was some Muslim women that went to Denmark with her family, but refused to learn how to swim. They shipped her butt back to where she came from, and rightly so. There was a Muslim man who refused to learn German because Arabic is all he needed. They shipped his butt back to where he came from.

So where I differ from the right-wingers on here, is that I have no problem at all, with immigrants coming to this country. I find most of the immigrants, with some exceptions, to be wonderful people that I love coming here, and I am particular to Christian immigrants.

However, where I agree with the right-wing completely and if it were up to me, I'd have it be required by law, is that they MUST INTEGRATE. They must learn English, they must learn US customs. They need to learn to how to take a bath. They need to learn how to speak and read properly.

This is one of the very few areas, that I actually support Federal programs for it. Generally I'm against all Federal programs, but I would be supportive of a program for teaching basic American etiquette, and American language. (meaning American English).

You want to come here? Great! Fantastic. Come on in, but you dump your culture that you came from, and you adapt to American Culture. None of this multi-cultural crap that hasn't worked for the last 50+ years. You come here, that's wonderful, but you become an American. You don't want to? That's fine. Stay where you are. You can come when you want to be an American.
Immigrants assimilate faster in America than ever before and there's good reason. Long before they come to America, they are watching American TV and movies. In many countries English is a required language in school. American pop music, best sellers, and current news is all over the world.

Many people assume that the European immigrants of generations past assimilated quickly, unlike Latin American, Asian, or Muslim immigrants today. Not true. Lasting ethnic enclaves like Greektowns and Little Italys were typical. Today’s immigrants actually learn English and forget their native languages faster than did the earlier newcomers. Similarly, romanticized memories lead many to believe that, unlike today’s immigrants, their ancestors made it up the ladder on their own steam–also a distortion. In the end, the supposedly unassimilable children and grandchildren of earlier immigrants became regular Americans, often to the chagrin of parents who hoped that their traditions would be more lasting.

Nobody sane and truly in touch is buying that big bunch of total bullshit. Sorry.

C5eYMN_WgAARSdo.jpg

one of the problems with these imported is that many still view 'mexico' and south america as their homelands and when in the USA they are just a short hop skip and jump away from their homelands . As far as TV , they all have 'dishes' that recieve tv from their homelands . As far as language , they have ghettos full of imports that ALL speak 'spanish' and most are catholic . Just a few comments Flopper .

Anyone legally presenting themselves at the border for entry to the county should never be separated from their children.

Illegal behavior of kidnapping children from the parents under cover of the law should spark the militias to form to protect the immigrants and their children.

I'm not.

Immigrants assimilate faster in America than ever before and there's good reason. Long before they come to America, they are watching American TV and movies, eating hamburgers at McDonald and shopping at Amazon. In many countries English is a required language in school. American pop music, best sellers, and current news is all over the world.

I’m born and raised in Southern Mexifornia...not long ago one would be very hard pressed to find Mexicans speaking Spanish aloud in public. There are now entire cities here where English is a secondary language. I’ve gone into banks in the Inland Empire (a wetback super shithole) where nothing but Spanish was being spoken...wetback shit being played on T.V. monitors.

Anyone legally presenting themselves at the border for entry to the county should never be separated from their children.

Illegal behavior of kidnapping children from the parents under cover of the law should spark the militias to form to protect the immigrants and their children.

You’re trying real hard Jake...nobody with DOCUMENTATION “legally” crossing our border / “presenting themselves” is being hassled in any way.
What makes you think they are?

You’re trying real hard Jake...nobody with DOCUMENTATION “legally” crossing our border / “presenting themselves” is being hassled in any way.
You have no link for your assertion, do you?

You need a link to know that travelers properly permitted to travel aren’t being hassled?

one of the problems with these imported is that many still view 'mexico' and south america as their homelands and when in the USA they are just a short hop skip and jump away from their homelands . As far as TV , they all have 'dishes' that recieve tv from their homelands . As far as language , they have ghettos full of imports that ALL speak 'spanish' and most are catholic . Just a few comments Flopper .
---------------------------------------------------- And i mention 'catholic' because many 'catholics' aid and abet these foreign invaders Flopper . The 'catholic' churches need the 'catholic' peasants and third worlders and their money donations and bodies in the pews and supporting the catholic churches Flopper .

You need a link to know that travelers properly permitted to travel aren’t being hassled?
--------------------- there is a well planned out conspiracy to harass and detain LEGAL Travelers , if you didn't know BLoser . :afro:

Are children not being separated from parents at the border when they present themselves iaw law and regulations?

You that is the case admit by your refusal to deny with links that such is happening. Those who leave funnies admit it as well.

Thank you.

Last edited:
That's not a fair comparison. No one is goes to jail for 20 years for unlawful entry into the US or unlawful presence. There is no reason why parents should be separated from their children while they are being detained. They can be held in family detention centers. If the adults are convicted of a crime and sent to prison, then the children should should be turned over to an agency for placement. If they are deported they should be turned back over to parents.

Separating these children from their parents is a disaster waiting to happen particular with the younger kids. The Trump administration has made separating kids of detained parents a policy which means there're going have thousands of them. When these kids start turning up missing or worse and can't be returned to the parents, the democrats will have a field day.

OK so we could ask the question >> if an American couple are arrested for some white collar misdemeanor, and are sentenced to 6 months in a federal prison, and they have a 1 year old child, should that kid should be in their prison cell with them, for that 6 months time ? (so as to prevent their separation ?)
Is this opposition to separation only for foreigners ?

And no, the Trump administration has not made separating kids of detained parents, a policy. It has always been the policy for kids of criminal parents to stay home, while parent serves time. Been that way for 200+ years in America,
Again, your comparison is invalid. Young children taken from American parents typical have a support structure of relatives, friends, and schools that will care for them while their parents are away. That is rarely the case with undocumented immigrants newly arrived in America. If the children are removed while parents are in detention they are typically placed with other immigrant families often undocumented and passed on to others to be lost in the system. This is a traumatic event in the lives of the children that often does irreparable damage. And it is so unnecessary. ICE has family detention centers established by congress in 2006. Also, there are tens of thousands of vacant FEMA trailers scatter all over the country that can be used for detention.

I have never suggested that children be placed in prison with parents. The children should stay with their parents while they are being detained in family detention centers. If a judge decides the parents should spend 6 mos in prison then the children should be remove. However, since most of the parents will be 1st time offenders they will be deported without prison time.

The intention of the Trump administration is to punish the parents by taking the children away. This is an old tactic that works, hold the kids hostage and you'll get whatever you want from their parents.

Last edited:
That's not a fair comparison. No one is goes to jail for 20 years for unlawful entry into the US or unlawful presence. There is no reason why parents should be separated from their children while they are being detained. They can be held in family detention centers. If the adults are convicted of a crime and sent to prison, then the children should should be turned over to an agency for placement. If they are deported they should be turned back over to parents.

Separating these children from their parents is a disaster waiting to happen particular with the younger kids. The Trump administration has made separating kids of detained parents a policy which means there're going have thousands of them. When these kids start turning up missing or worse and can't be returned to the parents, the democrats will have a field day.

OK so we could ask the question >> if an American couple are arrested for some white collar misdemeanor, and are sentenced to 6 months in a federal prison, and they have a 1 year old child, should that kid should be in their prison cell with them, for that 6 months time ? (so as to prevent their separation ?)

And no, the Trump administration has not made separating kids of detained parents, a policy. It has always been the policy for kids of criminal parents to stay home, while parent serves time. Been that way for 200+ years in America,
Again, your comparison is invalid. Young children taken from American parents typical have a support structure of relatives, friends, and schools that will care for them while their parents are away. That is rarely the case with undocumented immigrants newly arrived in America. If the children are removed while parents are in detention they are typically placed with other immigrant families often undocumented and passed on to others to be lost in the system. This is a traumatic event in the lives of the children that often does irreparable damage. And it is so unnecessary. ICE has family detention centers established by congress in 2006. Also, there are tens of thousands of vacant FEMA trailers scatter all over the country that can be used for detention.

I have never suggested that children be placed in prison with parents. The children should stay with their parents while they are being detained in family detention centers. If a judge decides the parents should spend 6 mos in prison then the children should be remove. However, since most of the parents will be 1st time offenders they will be deported without prison time.

The intention of the Trump administration is to punish the parents by taking the children away. This is an old tactic that works, hold the kids hostage and you'll get whatever you want from their parents.

I doubt these people care two-shits about these kids. If they did, they never would have brought these children with them. If I decided I was going to take a very dangerous journey across Mexico and maybe end up having my kids taken away, then I'm going alone and will send for them later unless they are really not my kids and I don't really care about them.

I think what you are seeing is undocumented immigrants that exist in many families of legal immigrants. Undocumented immigrant do not assimilate primarily because they are undocumented. They live in a subculture dominated by secrecy and fear. They have to avoid associating with strangers, joining organizations that would call attentions to themselves. Avoid employment in places that are unsafe. Avoid the police. Keep their children away from other kids believed to be unsafe. Stay in areas where their are many Latinos. Also, family members that are legal citizens have to be careful not to expose the family to unwanted attention. This is why so many undocumented immigrants hope to return someday to their country of origin so they can be free of the fear. As the Mexican economy has improved over the last few years, many are doing just that.

Assimilation is one of the major benefits of legalization. Millions of people would be able to join the America culture, improve their education, get better jobs, open new businesses, and take part in their community.

Last edited:

I'm not.

Immigrants assimilate faster in America than ever before and there's good reason. Long before they come to America, they are watching American TV and movies. In many countries English is a required language in school. American pop music, best sellers, and current news is all over the world.

Nobody sane and truly in touch is buying that big bunch of total bullshit. Sorry.

C5eYMN_WgAARSdo.jpg
We have an annual Italian Heritage festival. They wave Italian flags.

and Italy is thousands of miles away so former Italians became Americans Coyote .

I doubt these people care two-shits about these kids. If they did, they never would have brought these children with them. If I decided I was going to take a very dangerous journey across Mexico and maybe end up having my kids taken away, then I'm going alone and will send for them later unless they are really not my kids and I don't really care about them.
Well, they can't exactly send them off to a Swiss boarding school or leave them with their rich aunt. So they do the same thing immigrants to America have done for over two centuries. They pack of the family and take their chances at new life in America.

If you were leaving a dangerous, violent, lawless environment To save your kids, why on earth would you leave them behind?

Anyone legally presenting themselves at the border for entry to the county should never be separated from their children....
Absolutely correct.

However, anyone illegally CROSSING onto United States soil (or overstaying) without our express prior consent should be arrested and charged with a crime.

Anyone charged with a crime and a flight-risk must be detained and therefore must be separated from their dependent(s).

...Illegal behavior of kidnapping children from the parents under cover of the law...
Fortunate for us, then, that no such "illegal behavior" has occurred.

...should spark the militias to form to protect the immigrants and their children.
Typical internationalist-globalist-progressive... foment armed rebellion against the United States; standing alongside Beaners rather than your fellow Americans.

You fools still haven't learned The Lesson of November 8 2016.

Given that the Democratic Party is now controlled by Leftist-Progressive idealogues, it seems unlikely that you ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back