What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not without a change in the law, because whether the no-short-term-memory left recalls it or not, THEY pitched a hissy and insisted that children should not be detained.
Link to that GOP BS propaganda?

Judge Orders Release of Immigrant Kids from ICE Detention Centers

Amazing what you can learn when you're not wasting time trying to find validation for your butthurt.
So it is not Democrats but the courts, super duper. And no it is not a conspiracy LOL.

It never ceases to amaze me that you get dumber with every post. You'd think I'd be used to it by now.

You think that judge just pulled this out of her ass, moron? She was ruling on a case, brought by leftist organizations, and referring to another case, ALSO brought by leftist organizations. And at the time, every leftist commentator in the country was cheering for the decision, which you NOW consider the height of cruelty.

The original Flores settlement, insisting that unaccompanies minors who crossed the border could not be detained, was brought by the Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law and the National Center for Youth Law, aided and abetted by the ACLU of Southern California. In 2015, those same people - with the addition of some other left-leaning groups - got the Flores settlement extended to accompanied minors, again to the cheering of leftists everywhere.

Oh, also, Judge Dolly Gee, from that article? Obama appointee in the Central District of California. What are the odds she's a rock-ribbed Republican?
So, no appeal by the GOP side? I'll go with our courts, not your lying BS propaganda

"Appeal by the GOP side"? No idea what you're babbling about. The case was brought against the government.

Hillary was not calling for "open borders" for simply trade - liar liar. You know and we all know she made speeches to push for open borders for unregulated immigration. And you Franco keep repeating over and over some defunct Democrat "Immigration reform of 2010"...

"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere."
Will Hillary explain her dream of 'open borders'?

If all she wanted was open trade, why did she say "open trade AND open borders"?

“You can count on me to defend President Obama’s executive actions on DACA and DAPA when I am president." Which is repeated on her own website.
Immigration reform - The Office of Hillary Rodham Clinton

Hillary Clinton said Wednesday that she would not deport illegal children or aliens that do not have criminal records — and "I do not want to deport family members, either."
Read Newsmax: Hillary: I Will Not Deport Illegal Children, Family Members | Newsmax.com

"And the result is that we have the most secure border we have ever had," she said. "Which just strengthens my argument that now it is time to do comprehensive immigration reform."

"We have a secure border," she urged. "There's no need for this rhetoric and demagoguery that still is carried out on the Republican side. You've run out of excuses. Let's move to comprehensive immigration reform with a path to citizenship."
Hillary Clinton: We Have Secured The Border, Now Let's Get on With Immigration Reform

If she's not a fan of open borders, why did she keep talking about open-border policies?

If you have a Masters in anything, then I am the Pope.

He might. There are a lot of very silly, ignorant people in the ivory towers of academia, people who have advanced degrees and who, when it rains, have to be watched so they don't look up to see where the water's coming from and drown, like turkeys.

Although there may be statistics that show certain groups vote "majority Democrat" the hope is that the parties will evolve to represent everyone for a more unified nation. The USA does not need to be torn apart from ongoing internal strife.

Not really because that's not what the Democrats want. They want very little opposition and the ability to control the entire country.

This is why they fought Kate's Law, the border, sanctuary cities. Their plot is to get as many of these illegals living in the country as possible, and if they ever gain enough power again, grant blanket citizenship. With citizenship comes the right to vote, and they know who these people will vote for.

It is reported that 1 out of 4 AMERICAN kids are Hispanic. In the future, how do you think they'll vote?

Depends entirely on how long Democrats continue to tack hard left and act like a bunch of screaming loonies.

Unlike leftists, I don't think "Hispanic" means "gullible and ignorant".

Although there may be statistics that show certain groups vote "majority Democrat" the hope is that the parties will evolve to represent everyone for a more unified nation. The USA does not need to be torn apart from ongoing internal strife.

Not really because that's not what the Democrats want. They want very little opposition and the ability to control the entire country.

This is why they fought Kate's Law, the border, sanctuary cities. Their plot is to get as many of these illegals living in the country as possible, and if they ever gain enough power again, grant blanket citizenship. With citizenship comes the right to vote, and they know who these people will vote for.

It is reported that 1 out of 4 AMERICAN kids are Hispanic. In the future, how do you think they'll vote?
They and blacks are natural Republicans but they know the GOP is full of racists and bigots. Tough luck.

It is perplexing. They haven't won a popular vote since 2004 and haven't won a popular vote when they were not the incumbent since 1988. As Hispanic immigrants move from the South up into the northern reaches of the country (Where "we don't get many Hispanics" as the INS guy put it before he detained two women in Montana if memory serves), the carefully gerrymandered districts become vulnerable.

Whether the Democrats can hold on to the Hispanic vote is another question all together--nobody snatches defeat from the jaws of victory like a DEM. But the GOP is not doing itself any favors.

What's perplexing is that you keep acting like the "popular vote" - some apocryphal invention that pretends California, New York, and Texas should be the only places deciding on the President - should matter to someone.

I'm also perplexed by the way you think Hispanic people are some hive-mind collective that's going to blindly follow Democrats in a swarm, as if having brown skin trumps (you should excuse the expression) any individual ability to think and hold opinions.

Maybe I'm just incapable of understanding how bigots think.

They and blacks are natural Republicans but they know the GOP is full of racists and bigots. Tough luck.

It is perplexing. They haven't won a popular vote since 2004 and haven't won a popular vote when they were not the incumbent since 1988. As Hispanic immigrants move from the South up into the northern reaches of the country (Where "we don't get many Hispanics" as the INS guy put it before he detained two women in Montana if memory serves), the carefully gerrymandered districts become vulnerable.

Whether the Democrats can hold on to the Hispanic vote is another question all together--nobody snatches defeat from the jaws of victory like a DEM. But the GOP is not doing itself any favors.

What's perplexing is that you keep acting like the "popular vote" - some apocryphal invention that pretends California, New York, and Texas should be the only places deciding on the President - should matter to someone.

I'm also perplexed by the way you think Hispanic people are some hive-mind collective that's going to blindly follow Democrats in a swarm, as if having brown skin trumps (you should excuse the expression) any individual ability to think and hold opinions.

They think like the criminals they are.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
This post is idiotic...not sure where to start. Obama policies in place? Safety of children from human sex traffickers? Drugs?

The policy in question here: 100% seperation of children at the border.

What Obama did is irrelevant, that wasn’t the Administration policy then, it is new. Strike one.

Human trafficking is a valid concern and agents have always been able to seperate children if they suspect it. No argument from me there. However, that is not the reason they are in acting this policy. Kelly directly stated it was to be a deterrent. John Kelly: It's not 'cruel' to separate families at the border — children will be 'put into foster care or whatever'
Strike 2.

Drugs....not sure how that is relevant unless the individuals are carrying caught carrying drugs, then of it isn’t just illegal immigration, it is drug trafficking, which again does not require removing children of all. Strike 3.

The policies in question here: releasing illegal immigrant children from detention, as per the prevailing law, and detaining and fast-tracking the deportation of adult illegal immigrants, instead of just letting them wander away and vanish.

What Obama did IS relevant, as that WAS the administration under which the law demanding the release of children was enacted. It is NOT new. It's been the law for three years.

Strike one.

You're right that human trafficking is not the primary reason illegal immigrant children are put into foster care or sent to relatives. The primary reason is that three years ago, leftists screamed and hollered that family detention was "inhumane" and "child abuse", and demanded that all children in the custody of ICE must be released from detention within 5-20 days. They're changing their tune now because they can no longer use that policy as an excuse for turning illegal immigrant adults loose.

Strike two.

The only thing requiring that children be taken out of ICE custody and put in foster care is the law that leftists demanded, which you steadfastly pretend isn't even being mentioned.

Strike three.

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
This post is idiotic...not sure where to start. Obama policies in place? Safety of children from human sex traffickers? Drugs?

The policy in question here: 100% seperation of children at the border.

What Obama did is irrelevant, that wasn’t the Administration policy then, it is new. Strike one.

Human trafficking is a valid concern and agents have always been able to seperate children if they suspect it. No argument from me there. However, that is not the reason they are in acting this policy. Kelly directly stated it was to be a deterrent. John Kelly: It's not 'cruel' to separate families at the border — children will be 'put into foster care or whatever'
Strike 2.

Drugs....not sure how that is relevant unless the individuals are carrying caught carrying drugs, then of it isn’t just illegal immigration, it is drug trafficking, which again does not require removing children of all. Strike 3.
The present administration's approach to separating Illegal Alien adults from children during criminal processing is both in compliance with US law and entirely correct.

Those not wishing to expose their children to such separation should not cross onto (nor overstay upon) United States soil without our express prior consent.

note.gif
"...Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time... no, no... don't do it..."
note.gif

Agencies have always been able to exercise discretion, Trump included.

No, actually, the 2015 ruling regarding the Flores settlement allows no more discretion than the Trump administration is showing. It requires that the children be released into the custody of HHS or a relative in five days, which can be extended up to 20 days if there's a huge backlog of cases to process. But it does not allow any discretion beyond the 20 days.

They think like the criminals they are.

I'll have to take your word for it.

How high is the human cost left behind in the countries they flee from?...Why not work and fight to improve the conditions in Central and South America? Why not ease the pain of corruption in their birth place?...why not stop being a stop gab relief valve enabling corruption to continue from wens the migrants have fled?
Compassion comes with a price for the very ones we are compassionate over....but I guess you sleep well after patting yourself on the back....like a good liberal.....

How high is the human cost left behind in the countries they flee from?...Why not work and fight to improve the conditions in Central and South America? Why not ease the pain of corruption in their birth place?...why not stop being a stop gab relief valve enabling corruption to continue from wens the migrants have fled?
Compassion comes with a price for the very ones we are compassionate over....but I guess you sleep well after patting yourself on the back....like a good liberal.....
Why didnt your ancesters stay and improve the country the fled from? Oh ya...double standards eh?

Why didnt your ancesters stay and improve the country the fled from? Oh ya...double standards eh?
It's sad you can't distinguish between criminals who traffic humans back and forth across the border and legitimate refugees..or recognize the huge amount of suffering that is caused to those refugees by the people who smuggle other people...who you insist we protect..while whining that we try to protect the children they exploit and abuse at teh same time.

And legitimate refugees.

That was religious differences...much different than a corrupt economic system... But I bet the American Indian wishes we would have....

That was a long time ago Coyote....can we just deal with today? I wasn't alive back then although you may have been.....

I don't know about Rambunctious, but MY ancestors' country had acquired this neat new territory that it wanted colonized.

So they weren't actually leaving their country at all, except in a strict geographic sense.

Link to that GOP BS propaganda?

Judge Orders Release of Immigrant Kids from ICE Detention Centers

Amazing what you can learn when you're not wasting time trying to find validation for your butthurt.
So it is not Democrats but the courts, super duper. And no it is not a conspiracy LOL.

It never ceases to amaze me that you get dumber with every post. You'd think I'd be used to it by now.

You think that judge just pulled this out of her ass, moron? She was ruling on a case, brought by leftist organizations, and referring to another case, ALSO brought by leftist organizations. And at the time, every leftist commentator in the country was cheering for the decision, which you NOW consider the height of cruelty.

The original Flores settlement, insisting that unaccompanies minors who crossed the border could not be detained, was brought by the Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law and the National Center for Youth Law, aided and abetted by the ACLU of Southern California. In 2015, those same people - with the addition of some other left-leaning groups - got the Flores settlement extended to accompanied minors, again to the cheering of leftists everywhere.

Oh, also, Judge Dolly Gee, from that article? Obama appointee in the Central District of California. What are the odds she's a rock-ribbed Republican?
So, no appeal by the GOP side? I'll go with our courts, not your lying BS propaganda

"Appeal by the GOP side"? No idea what you're babbling about. The case was brought against the government.
Why wasn't it appealed, dingbat?

Their problem was caused by us--actually you. Why don't we help them? Why are Republicans so terrified of of refugees?

...Their problem was caused by us--actually you. Why don't we help them? Why are Republicans so terrified of of refugees?
Nobody's "afraid"... merely insistent now that they go home... besides, the rest of the country doesn't trust your definition of 'refugee' nor your eligibility 'vetting'.

Besides... our country, not theirs... our rules... our laws... our game... we do as we please... and this pleases us... greatly.

...Their problem was caused by us--actually you. Why don't we help them? Why are Republicans so terrified of of refugees?
Nobody's "afraid"... merely insistent now that they go home... besides, the rest of the country doesn't trust your definition of 'refugee' nor your eligibility 'vetting'.

Besides... our country, not theirs... our rules... our laws... our game... we do as we please... and this pleases us... greatly.
p it's really a rhetorical question and they can't go home. You have been brainwashed 2 confuse refugees and immigrants and terrorists for that matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back