What if black lives really mattered?

WHAT IF BLACK LIVES REALLY MATTERED?

But the rallies and the protests – not just in Ferguson, but in Baltimore, Cleveland and other places – seem to underscore a major irony. Black lives don’t seem to matter at all until they end up getting killed at the hands of police.

Until that time, even the black community seems to ignore the lives of these young people. The rates of marriage and two-parent headed households among black youths borders on a national tragedy. If black lives really mattered, it seems that instead of making isolated instances of police misconduct the focus of the movement, activists would instead concentrate on implementing actions to improve the state of the black family.

By protesting and disrupting mainstream Democratic candidates – such as the recent breakup of a Bernie Sanders campaign rally in Seattle – the movement is demonstrating that it does not have the organizational sophistication to form strategic alliances that would ultimately beget political power.

If black lives really mattered, so would black behavior. High school dropout rates, incarceration rates and teenage pregnancy rates are factors affecting black lives over which the black community has a great deal of control.

Read more at What if black lives really mattered?

This article says it all. (by Armstrong Williams)

I'd say step one should be, stop making excuses for police brutality.

But they play no roles in their own demise, it's all someone elses fault! Right Rev. Al?

Are little old black ladies being beaten up on the way to the bake sale?

No? Why? Well because they aren't committing crimes probably.

You want a world where the police can kill black people for not being perfect?

That's a bit mental.

Now THIS is an original concept for a thread. Let's hope the GOP leadership takes this message to the people loud and clear!

What message might that be?

What is the message intended by this threads dufus? Why not articulate it for us. Let's see if you have understood it.

I'm not sure, because it's obvious by all the black on black murder in this country that black lives don't matter to blacks. So why should it matter to me? I have a family to raise, maybe I will care when they start caring about their own communities.

Right. That's the message. I hope every GOP candidate gets up on that stage next month and says exactly that. They will begin to care about black lives when black people start caring about their communities. Until black people stop killing other black people........there is no reason to evaluate the criminal justice system in America.

That's a winning strategy.
This is a problem democrats created, so you should fix it.
Progressives created it and there are plenty of R progressives.

But the rallies and the protests – not just in Ferguson, but in Baltimore, Cleveland and other places – seem to underscore a major irony. Black lives don’t seem to matter at all until they end up getting killed at the hands of police.

Until that time, even the black community seems to ignore the lives of these young people. The rates of marriage and two-parent headed households among black youths borders on a national tragedy. If black lives really mattered, it seems that instead of making isolated instances of police misconduct the focus of the movement, activists would instead concentrate on implementing actions to improve the state of the black family.

By protesting and disrupting mainstream Democratic candidates – such as the recent breakup of a Bernie Sanders campaign rally in Seattle – the movement is demonstrating that it does not have the organizational sophistication to form strategic alliances that would ultimately beget political power.

If black lives really mattered, so would black behavior. High school dropout rates, incarceration rates and teenage pregnancy rates are factors affecting black lives over which the black community has a great deal of control.

Statistics back you up!!! From the FBI...
Table 43

Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 8.04.42 AM.png

What is the message intended by this threads dufus? Why not articulate it for us. Let's see if you have understood it.

I'm not sure, because it's obvious by all the black on black murder in this country that black lives don't matter to blacks. So why should it matter to me? I have a family to raise, maybe I will care when they start caring about their own communities.

Right. That's the message. I hope every GOP candidate gets up on that stage next month and says exactly that. They will begin to care about black lives when black people start caring about their communities. Until black people stop killing other black people........there is no reason to evaluate the criminal justice system in America.

Progressives created it and there are plenty of R progressives.
Welfare created this problem, republicans started welfare?

Now THIS is an original concept for a thread. Let's hope the GOP leadership takes this message to the people loud and clear!

Did someone you trust tell you that I'm a democrat?

No, you are an idiot. Carry in.

Carry in?

Carry in?

That's funny

-Geaux

Your kind doesn't worry about the lives of *******, unless the move in down the street.
I have a black family living next door. We're good friends. They are very family oriented and the children are doing well in school. The father is a vp and all the children will be going to college. It's a given just as for my son it was a given. Black families can do it if they stay in school and wait to have children.

There are plenty of people trying to change their neighborhoods. But drugs and gangs are not fought and won by individuals.
Of course they are. It called grass roots, family values and accountability. That's where it starts.

Wow, the fear in this thread is palpable!

Don't worry, the blacks aren't coming for you, LMAO.

It will resonate with every group except black thugs, who I don't see rushing to the polls.

I'd say step one should be, stop making excuses for police brutality.

But they play no roles in their own demise, it's all someone elses fault! Right Rev. Al?

Are little old black ladies being beaten up on the way to the bake sale?

No? Why? Well because they aren't committing crimes probably.

You want a world where the police can kill black people for not being perfect?

That's a bit mental.
I'd like a world where people regarded other people as mattering. Not just blacks, not just whites, everyone practiced the Golden Rule. Until that time, allow cops to do their job and any that don't do it right, get rid of.

There are plenty of people trying to change their neighborhoods. But drugs and gangs are not fought and won by individuals.
Of course they are. It called grass roots, family values and accountability. That's where it starts.

And where it finishes too. Often not getting very far. You don't solve such problems in a small way.

People need to demand this FRINGE group of BLM be brought under control. Just like there is a thread on the Westboro Baptist church and how people want them under control of some sort. these BLM are going around causing Mayhem, instigating riots and lootings and causing Innocent lives be put in danger and property DESTROYED.
they are being FUNDED by Al Sharpton and his Backers, one is the Dnc's Billionaire George Soros. If they don't then DON'T vote for this crap again by voting for the Democrat party

found this:
snip;
Poll: 2 Out of 3 Blacks Prefer 'All Lives Matter'
This won't please the race baiters.
News

reports The Hill.

Only 31 percent of black people surveyed said that “black lives matter” most closely comports to their own beliefs, compared to 64 percent who chose “all lives matter.”

Seventy-eight percent of total respondents also chose “all lives matter,” including 81 percent of white and 76 percent of minority respondents, according to the poll.

Black Lives Matter co-founder Julius Jones told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Tuesday that the notion that "all lives matter” is a “violent statement”:

all of it here:
Poll: 2 Out of 3 Blacks Prefer 'All Lives Matter'

Oh, I KNOW they aren't "coming" for me...Not worried in the LEAST about that.

...but innocent, weak, unaware, elderly and the naive young white people are suffering horrifically....murdered/raped/robbed/carjacked at massively disproportionate levels.

...but innocent, weak, unaware, elderly and the naive young white people are suffering horrifically....murdered/raped/robbed/carjacked at massively disproportionate levels.

You sound tough. Are you a tough guy? Should we all be impressed and a little bit scared of you?

You sound tough. Are you a tough guy? Should we all be impressed and a little bit scared of you?

I couldn't care less..do you have anything of substance regarding the topic that you'd like to add?

I couldn't care less..do you have anything of substance regarding the topic that you'd like to add?

Yes. I've already posted it. Now....I'm way more interested in how much of a tough guy you are. You KNOW that the blacks aren't coming for you.....you aren't worried in THE LEAST! So rugged. Tell the class what will happen if they try anything. Go ahead. Make our day.

Forum List

Back