What If The Gop Took Over Government?

Your posts, like most of them, makes zero sense.

Have I mentioned that I left the mormon church.

Really? When did you do that? I'm glad to hear that you are taking a step on being less crazy.

It's really none of your fucking business.

As it has never been your business.

That I left does not say that I don't believe it's doctrine.

You are still a moron for not understanding that I was using Roe as an example.

You are stuck on your broken phonograph tactics, like most on the left, who when they hear the word abortion shut off all reasoning and just go into DailyKos mode.

You are stuck on your broken phonograph tactics, like most on the left, who when they hear the word abortion shut off all reasoning and just go into DailyKos mode.

Actually, what I hear when I hear abortion is the Rich trying to trick stupid people like you into voting against your own economic interests by pushing your hot buttons.

Actually, what I hear when I hear abortion is the Rich trying to trick stupid people like you into voting against your own economic interests by pushing your hot buttons.

good grief joey. go get a life and stop making a fool out of yourself and putting so much misery on everyone

What if America's Federal Government became 100% GOP/Republican? Please answer yes or no to the following questions to determine if a mainstream, GOP government would benefit Americans and America's traditional values:
1) Would we see a completely sealed and protected southern border? YES or NO
2) Would abortion be banned? YES or NO
3) Would we cancel our Global Trade Treaties and put America's economy first? YES or NO
4) Would the question of legalized "gay marriage" be answered with a big, fat NO once and for all? YES or NO
5) Would we stop doing the bidding of the United Nations and Israel? YES or NO
6) Would we see a reduction in the Welfare State? YES or NO
7) Would open Bible reading and prayer be "legalized" in public schools? YES or NO
8) Would we see incentives given to businesses to produce and thrive in the USA? YES or NO
9) Would we cease to be the world's Police Officers and start respecting the sovereignty of other, independent nations? YES or NO
10) Would we cease caving in to pressure from liberal institutions like the ACLU or Labor Unions? YES or NO
11) Would illegal aliens remain ILLEGAL and be deported to their respective nations? YES or NO
12) Would a completely GOP government be much different that our current DEM government? YES or NO
If 10 or more of the above questions were generally answered "YES" then there may be hope for the USA under GOP leadership!!

If the GOP actually balanced the budget, enforced the border, helped to make a more business friendly environment, made sure that people could go back to work, protected the nation, shrank the size of government, curtailed spending, etc. Then they will have my support, but they still want to act like the far left lite on to many things..

They did most of that with Clinton kicking and screaming all the way, but smart enough to talk to Newt and other Republican leaders and sign the bills they sent him. Obama doesn't even talk to any Democrat leaders other than Harry Reid who is his pocket veto in the Senate.

Who cares what you hear. What I hear is something that really does not concern me.

When SCOTUS can't be trusted to be consistent.....that does concern me.

When I hear Ted (I am so very glad he's dead) Kennedy lathered up at Roberts and Alito about "preserving the gains of the past 40 years"...what I hear is a conservative (by the left's defintion) interfering with what is supposed to be a separate branch of government.

Who cares what you hear. What I hear is something that really does not concern me.

When SCOTUS can't be trusted to be consistent.....that does concern me.

When I hear Ted (I am so very glad he's dead) Kennedy lathered up at Roberts and Alito about "preserving the gains of the past 40 years"...what I hear is a conservative (by the left's defintion) interfering with what is supposed to be a separate branch of government.

Actually, there used to be a time when Republican appointees respected the constitution and treated their responsiblities seriously.

Then you got guys like Alito and Scalia and Uncle Thomas who come up with partisan rulings like, "Why certainly money equals speech" and "THere's a total right for crazy people to carry guns!"

wow, I love watching Mormons Melting down.

SCOTUS reverses itself when the facts change.

Facts don't change, Comrade. A fact is not dependent upon the political climate nor upon the pull of those involved. A fact is just that, factual.

The fact is that the SCOTUS had no legal basis for RvW and substituted political desire for legal ruling. Leftists don't operate on facts, you never have, it is not in your nature. You operate on favor and on pull. The left held power and sought to buy the favor of an interest group that could help them retain and expand power.

Fact was never a consideration.

"What If The Gop Took Over Government?"

The last time the GOP 'took over' government – 2001 to 2007 – we were left with two failed, illegal wars, bigger, more intrusive government, and a large budget deficit.

It's easy to understand why most don't want to see a republican 'takeover' of government again.

certainly not people who suck on the government teat or want guns banned

if Bush has lost, Heller never would have happened because DEMS only appoint Justices who vote the way the party wants

And republicans don't? Oh come on.

Heller was 5-4. Scalia, Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas, Alito.

That would be Bush, Reagan, Reagan, Bush and Bush votes in the Supreme Court. There were two appointees from the Republicans who voted against, both were appointed prior to Reagan. So we can see a massive shift in how the Supreme Court has moved because of political appointments from Reagan onwards if you just take this case into account. Scalia, joined by Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas, Alito

Florida v. Jardines saw Alito, Roberts, Kennedy, Brier which is 3 republican appointees, one Clinton appointee against two republican and three democrat. Hmm, suggests both sets of justices will move where they like.

Clapper v. Amnesty International USA, saw five Republican appointees go together as a majority. Alito, joined by Roberts, Scalia, Kennedy, Thomas. Same as Heller.

Windsor v. U.S
Kennedy (opinion), joined by Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor, Kagan, so Kennedy moved with the more left wing.

Hollingsworth v. Perry
Roberts, joined by Scalia, Ginsburg, Breyer, Kagan. So we have two right and three left appointees.

So, I think you'll find that if the left never change, the right never change either, because it's simply not true.

So what you're saying is that the Republican appointees consistently follow the Constitution, while the leftist appointees pursue the progressive agenda with open contempt for the Constitution?

It is a valid observation.

The GOP had control over both Congress and the Presidency under President Bush(43) for 4 years!

They say, they want to demonstrate a kind of competence that Harry Reid has not. Do you think, they can handle it? I'm not so sure. I think, they'll fail again. But...on the other side...They will have two years to prove they aren’t just anti-Obama.

108th Congress. GOP had 51 Senate seats and 229 seats in the House. 2003 and 2004.

109th Congress. GOP had 55 Senate seats and 232 seats in the House. 2005 and 2006.

So you are admitting that you lied? You are admitting that he did not have congress for 4 years, but only 13 months total?

LOL.

108th. Duration: January 3, 2003 – January 3, 2005
109th. Duration: January 3, 2005 – January 3, 2007

So in review, the GOP had control of the White house and both houses of Congress for 4 years.

Forum List

Back