What If We Actually Had Poor People In This Country?

No question...life is good when you are poor

article-2134196-12BB6FAF000005DC-442_964x635.jpg

Also, even before the horrible Obamacare nobody went without medical care if they needed it, and they still don't!

Why just the other day I saw a guy with a sign that said....”Will work for food”

So I had him come over, seal my driveway, clean my gutters and clean my garbage cans.......I gave him a Cheeseburger

That is the way America should work
so you paid him a dollar for one days work,,,

kinda cheap dont ya think???

There are people in America that are poor and some are homeless. That being said, these people are rich compared to the poverty experienced in third world nations.

Poverty is NoHome, NoHeat, NoFood
The only individuals who fit into this category are mentally ill.
So a person with only a tent, a campfire, and a fresh possum to cook over the campfire is not poor?

There are people in America that are poor and some are homeless. That being said, these people are rich compared to the poverty experienced in third world nations.

So a person with only a tent, a campfire, and a fresh possum to cook over the campfire is not poor?

Yes......Possum should be road kill only

The Democrat closed down the facilities for the mentally ill, and then claimed your vote to help them.

It was Democrat JFK's plan
Carter continued it.
The plan was a failure....so Reagan turned it over to the states.

President John F. Kennedy signs the Community Mental Health Act to provide federal funding for the construction of community-based preventive care and treatment facilities. Between the Vietnam War and an economic crisis, the program was never adequately funded.

President Jimmy Carter signs the Mental Health Systems Act, which aims to restructure the community mental-health-center program and improve services for people with chronic mental illness.

Under President Ronald Reagan, the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act repeals Carter’s community health legislation and establishes block grants for the states, ending the federal government’s role in providing services to the mentally ill. Federal mental-health spending decreases by 30 percent.
TIMELINE: Deinstitutionalization And Its Consequences

Last edited:

Yes......Possum should be road kill only
Fresh possum can be road kill.

As generous as I am, my present today for our Democrat voters, is to remove any necessity for that hand-wringing, or living in that crisis-mode your masters keep you in.

Democrat voters….be prepared to be shocked: there is neither racism nor poverty in this country!
Yup…you’ve been double-lied to….and you bought it like it was on sale.

The thread will concentrate on the latter lie.

There's no poverty, you have no need to either prepare to step over dead bodies due to starvation.....nor to ever vote Democrat again.

1. There is no poverty, no need for you to fork over a third or more of your income to the bosses.
Not the sham perpetuated by the Left to manipulate the soft-hearted/soft-headed to vote Democrat. I mean actual poverty.

Here’s the real definition, not one that is based on some folks having a slightly smaller house than you, or only a 50inch TV….

No Home, No Heat, No Food…..real poverty. If there is such a category in America, it is no more than a rounding error.

2. If you have cable TV….you’re not poor.

3. If you don’t clip the coupons and shop at several grocery stores for the best prices….you know you’re not really poor.

4. If you live in the city, and you have a car….you’re not poor.

5.If you spend more time signing up for government welfare programs rather than looking for creative ways to make some money,….you’re not poor- there are other words to describe you, and they aren't compliments.

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

Some plans if you need some extra bucks: (When Money is Tight, These 9 Resources Can Help You)

6. Make a Little Extra Money While You Watch TV
Surveys aren’t the quickest way to make money, but they’re a great way to cash in on your downtime and pad your pockets for the next rainy day. Fill them out while you’re watching TV, riding the bus or waiting in line.

One survey site we love is called InboxDollars. It offers several short, daily surveys. You earn cash, so you don’t have to worry about exchanging points. It also offers more ways to earn, such as watching videos, playing scratch-off games and searching the internet.

Bonus: You’ll get a free $5 just for signing up!

7. Sell Your Stuff
When you’re short on cash, look to the back of your closet and in the depths of your attic or basement. You’ll almost certainly find a bunch of stuff you don’t use anymore.

A lot of people see this clutter and start plotting a garage sale to earn extra money. The prospect is tempting — but a garage sale might not be worth your time.

Try some alternatives, like selling your stuff online or in town to earn more money with less hassle than hosting a full-blown garage sale. Apps like Letgo and Decluttr make it super easy to sell your stuff without sitting in the front yard and dealing with strangers all day.

More ways to get money without putting your hand in your neighbor’s pocket….next.
We have some poverty PC. I'm with JoeMoma on this one. It is not like the poverty suffered in some other nations but it is out there. There are two families I know of without this year. One couple had no heat at all in their rented house and no funds and the other couple is staying with their small child in a friend's house and these are not immigrants or illegals. Work is very spotty and even at that and by the time they pay for gas and all there isn't much left for them at the end of the month. They don't eat good at all because junk food is definitely cheaper than good food and between that and the vaccines it shows in their health and physical abilities. Not only all of that but they also didn't learn how to manage what they do have well when they were both working and that falls back on their parents (a couple of them were addicts) and the school system along with the propaganda that has been pushed for several generations. Smaller starter homes are not built with young people starting out in mind. Instead builders go for bigger bucks and that is due to the cost overall of not only materials but taxes, labor, etc.... Utility companies, grocery suppliers and insurance companies keep raising rates higher and higher with no end in sight even though the cost of fuel has been down. An I-type phone only cost $29.00 and is a basic necessity in this modern world we live in, it cost about $40 a month to keep a pay as you go plan going. We went without a phone for a lot of years and that not having an I-type phone is evident because I did not post here for those years. We have retirees living on less than $800.00 a month. Shoot even to rent a shit-hole here in the poorest county of the state is about $600.00 a month (w/out utilities). I can't blame the property owners for getting that much. They can't afford to rent for much less than that as they have upkeep and taxes to pay too. A family of six I know of is paying over $300.00 a month for their water and sewer in the local town nearby. Even a single person we know who uses the very minimum in water has to pay over a $100.00 a month to keep running water on.

Thanks to Republican policies....we have no poor

poverty-in-america-poverty-in-america-X91EJN.jpg
That’s a mansion in many places in the world. I’ve been in places where a 10x10 box made from corrugated sheet metal houses 5-10 people.

. Do you recall this Obama response at one of the debates: “I think America's greatest moral failure in my lifetime has been that we still don't abide by that basic precept in Matthew that whatever you do for the least of my brothers, you do for me.”

Perhaps this is the biggest hypocrisy and the greatest look into his character: “The average American household gives about two percent of adjusted gross income,” says Arthur Brooks, the Syracuse University scholar. Obama and his wife, Michelle, earned $181,507 to $272,759 each year from 1998-2004. From 1998-2004, they gave between $1,050-$3,400 each year. As did so many of history’s commissars, the Obama’s are charitable only with someone else’s money.

"Up until recent years when their income increased sharply from book revenues and a Senate salary, Obama's family donated a relatively minor amount of its earnings to charity. From 2000 through 2004, the senator and his wife never gave more than $3,500 a year in charitable donations -- about 1 percent of their annual earnings.(Sam Stein Huffington Post) "Obama Tax Returns: Low On Story Lines And Charity Donations | HuffPost

"Barack Obama's half brother, George Onyango Obama, was found living in a 6 by 10 foot slum hut in Huruma estate just outside of Nairobi. According to reports George Obama survives on $12 a year in the slums of Kenya."
Barack's Half Brother: George Obama's Hut Is In The Slums Of Kenya

Back in '08, when I heard about George, I sent him a check for $10.....yeah, I really did.

Talk is cheap....and so are the Obamas....

So your answer to my question is yes.

As generous as I am, my present today for our Democrat voters, is to remove any necessity for that hand-wringing, or living in that crisis-mode your masters keep you in.

Democrat voters….be prepared to be shocked: there is neither racism nor poverty in this country!
Yup…you’ve been double-lied to….and you bought it like it was on sale.

The thread will concentrate on the latter lie.

There's no poverty, you have no need to either prepare to step over dead bodies due to starvation.....nor to ever vote Democrat again.

1. There is no poverty, no need for you to fork over a third or more of your income to the bosses.
Not the sham perpetuated by the Left to manipulate the soft-hearted/soft-headed to vote Democrat. I mean actual poverty.

Here’s the real definition, not one that is based on some folks having a slightly smaller house than you, or only a 50inch TV….

No Home, No Heat, No Food…..real poverty. If there is such a category in America, it is no more than a rounding error.

2. If you have cable TV….you’re not poor.

3. If you don’t clip the coupons and shop at several grocery stores for the best prices….you know you’re not really poor.

4. If you live in the city, and you have a car….you’re not poor.

5.If you spend more time signing up for government welfare programs rather than looking for creative ways to make some money,….you’re not poor- there are other words to describe you, and they aren't compliments.

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

Some plans if you need some extra bucks: (When Money is Tight, These 9 Resources Can Help You)

6. Make a Little Extra Money While You Watch TV
Surveys aren’t the quickest way to make money, but they’re a great way to cash in on your downtime and pad your pockets for the next rainy day. Fill them out while you’re watching TV, riding the bus or waiting in line.

One survey site we love is called InboxDollars. It offers several short, daily surveys. You earn cash, so you don’t have to worry about exchanging points. It also offers more ways to earn, such as watching videos, playing scratch-off games and searching the internet.

Bonus: You’ll get a free $5 just for signing up!

7. Sell Your Stuff
When you’re short on cash, look to the back of your closet and in the depths of your attic or basement. You’ll almost certainly find a bunch of stuff you don’t use anymore.

A lot of people see this clutter and start plotting a garage sale to earn extra money. The prospect is tempting — but a garage sale might not be worth your time.

Try some alternatives, like selling your stuff online or in town to earn more money with less hassle than hosting a full-blown garage sale. Apps like Letgo and Decluttr make it super easy to sell your stuff without sitting in the front yard and dealing with strangers all day.

More ways to get money without putting your hand in your neighbor’s pocket….next.
We have some poverty PC. I'm with JoeMoma on this one. It is not like the poverty suffered in some other nations but it is out there. There are two families I know of without this year. One couple had no heat at all in their rented house and no funds and the other couple is staying with their small child in a friend's house and these are not immigrants or illegals. Work is very spotty and even at that and by the time they pay for gas and all there isn't much left for them at the end of the month. They don't eat good at all because junk food is definitely cheaper than good food and between that and the vaccines it shows in their health and physical abilities. Not only all of that but they also didn't learn how to manage what they do have well when they were both working and that falls back on their parents (a couple of them were addicts) and the school system along with the propaganda that has been pushed for several generations. Smaller starter homes are not built with young people starting out in mind. Instead builders go for bigger bucks and that is due to the cost overall of not only materials but taxes, labor, etc.... Utility companies, grocery suppliers and insurance companies keep raising rates higher and higher with no end in sight even though the cost of fuel has been down. An I-type phone only cost $29.00 and is a basic necessity in this modern world we live in, it cost about $40 a month to keep a pay as you go plan going. We went without a phone for a lot of years and that not having an I-type phone is evident because I did not post here for those years. We have retirees living on less than $800.00 a month. Shoot even to rent a shit-hole here in the poorest county of the state is about $600.00 a month (w/out utilities). I can't blame the property owners for getting that much. They can't afford to rent for much less than that as they have upkeep and taxes to pay too. A family of six I know of is paying over $300.00 a month for their water and sewer in the local town nearby. Even a single person we know who uses the very minimum in water has to pay over a $100.00 a month to keep running water on.

'can't afford' either means taking steps to remedy that situation, or continuing to remain in the situation and accept money taken from ones neighbors....taken by coercion.

From Peter Ferrara, “America’s Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb,” chapter five.

1. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Such should be the epitaph of Liberalism.
  2. ‘Welfare’ as a wholly owned subsidiary of the government, and its main result is the incentivizing of a disrespect for oneself, and for the entity that provides the welfare. As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.
    1. Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.
    2. "The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."

These searing words about Depression-era welfare are from Franklin Roosevelt's 1935 State of the Union Address.

Forum List

Back