What If We Actually Had Poor People In This Country?

There are people in America that are poor and some are homeless. That being said, these people are rich compared to the poverty experienced in third world nations.

Poverty is NoHome, NoHeat, NoFood
The only individuals who fit into this category are mentally ill.
So a person with only a tent, a campfire, and a fresh possum to cook over the campfire is not poor?

So your answer to my question is yes.

I believe my answer was clear.

Is your example a mentally ill person?
No?
Then that is the life he wishes, and poverty has nothing to do with it.

Consider yourself poor???
Try this:

8. Take a Picture of Your Receipt
No matter how tight money is right now, you’ll have to buy food at some point. We know it sounds strange, but Ibotta will pay you cash for taking pictures of your grocery store receipts.

Before heading to the store, search for items on your shopping list within the Ibotta app. When you get home, snap a photo of your receipt and scan the items’ barcodes.

Ibotta is free to download. Plus, you’ll get a $10 sign-up bonus after uploading your first receipt.

9. Prioritize Your Bills and Negotiate Them
Decide which bills to pay first and which ones can slide a little bit until you’re back on secure footing.

Pay your rent or mortgage so you don’t get kicked out of your home. Pay for power and water. You need that stuff.

Ask for payment arrangements. You may be able to negotiate lower bills on essentials like utilities or set up an interest-free payment plan to make larger bills more manageable.

For help, download Truebill, an app that’ll negotiate your bills, cancel unwanted subscriptions and refund your bank fees.

On average, Truebill says it helps customers save more than $700 a year by lowering their bills, canceling unnecessary subscriptions and getting refunds.

When Money is Tight, These 9 Resources Can Help You

Or, the usual route: do nothing about it, take welfare, and vote Democrat.

As generous as I am, my present today for our Democrat voters, is to remove any necessity for that hand-wringing, or living in that crisis-mode your masters keep you in.

Democrat voters….be prepared to be shocked: there is neither racism nor poverty in this country!
Yup…you’ve been double-lied to….and you bought it like it was on sale.

The thread will concentrate on the latter lie.

There's no poverty, you have no need to either prepare to step over dead bodies due to starvation.....nor to ever vote Democrat again.

1. There is no poverty, no need for you to fork over a third or more of your income to the bosses.
Not the sham perpetuated by the Left to manipulate the soft-hearted/soft-headed to vote Democrat. I mean actual poverty.

Here’s the real definition, not one that is based on some folks having a slightly smaller house than you, or only a 50inch TV….

No Home, No Heat, No Food…..real poverty. If there is such a category in America, it is no more than a rounding error.

2. If you have cable TV….you’re not poor.

3. If you don’t clip the coupons and shop at several grocery stores for the best prices….you know you’re not really poor.

4. If you live in the city, and you have a car….you’re not poor.

5.If you spend more time signing up for government welfare programs rather than looking for creative ways to make some money,….you’re not poor- there are other words to describe you, and they aren't compliments.

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

Some plans if you need some extra bucks: (When Money is Tight, These 9 Resources Can Help You)

6. Make a Little Extra Money While You Watch TV
Surveys aren’t the quickest way to make money, but they’re a great way to cash in on your downtime and pad your pockets for the next rainy day. Fill them out while you’re watching TV, riding the bus or waiting in line.

One survey site we love is called InboxDollars. It offers several short, daily surveys. You earn cash, so you don’t have to worry about exchanging points. It also offers more ways to earn, such as watching videos, playing scratch-off games and searching the internet.

Bonus: You’ll get a free $5 just for signing up!

7. Sell Your Stuff
When you’re short on cash, look to the back of your closet and in the depths of your attic or basement. You’ll almost certainly find a bunch of stuff you don’t use anymore.

A lot of people see this clutter and start plotting a garage sale to earn extra money. The prospect is tempting — but a garage sale might not be worth your time.

Try some alternatives, like selling your stuff online or in town to earn more money with less hassle than hosting a full-blown garage sale. Apps like Letgo and Decluttr make it super easy to sell your stuff without sitting in the front yard and dealing with strangers all day.

More ways to get money without putting your hand in your neighbor’s pocket….next.

Just because you sit at home and do nothing while you are taken care of doesn’t meab everyone else does.

Now read and learn, oh ignorant trumpkin.

List of U.S. states and territories by poverty rate - Wikipedia

As generous as I am, my present today for our Democrat voters, is to remove any necessity for that hand-wringing, or living in that crisis-mode your masters keep you in.

Democrat voters….be prepared to be shocked: there is neither racism nor poverty in this country!

There's no poverty, you have no need to either prepare to step over dead bodies due to starvation.....nor to ever vote Democrat again.

1. There is no poverty, no need for you to fork over a third or more of your income to the bosses.
Not the sham perpetuated by the Left to manipulate the soft-hearted/soft-headed to vote Democrat. I mean actual poverty.

Here’s the real definition, not one that is based on some folks having a slightly smaller house than you, or only a 50inch TV….

No Home, No Heat, No Food…..real poverty. If there is such a category in America, it is no more than a rounding error.

3. If you don’t clip the coupons and shop at several grocery stores for the best prices….you know you’re not really poor.

5.If you spend more time signing up for government welfare programs rather than looking for creative ways to make some money,….you’re not poor- there are other words to describe you, and they aren't compliments.

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

Some plans if you need some extra bucks: (When Money is Tight, These 9 Resources Can Help You)

Surveys aren’t the quickest way to make money, but they’re a great way to cash in on your downtime and pad your pockets for the next rainy day. Fill them out while you’re watching TV, riding the bus or waiting in line.

One survey site we love is called InboxDollars. It offers several short, daily surveys. You earn cash, so you don’t have to worry about exchanging points. It also offers more ways to earn, such as watching videos, playing scratch-off games and searching the internet.

7. Sell Your Stuff
When you’re short on cash, look to the back of your closet and in the depths of your attic or basement. You’ll almost certainly find a bunch of stuff you don’t use anymore.

A lot of people see this clutter and start plotting a garage sale to earn extra money. The prospect is tempting — but a garage sale might not be worth your time.

Try some alternatives, like selling your stuff online or in town to earn more money with less hassle than hosting a full-blown garage sale. Apps like Letgo and Decluttr make it super easy to sell your stuff without sitting in the front yard and dealing with strangers all day.

More ways to get money without putting your hand in your neighbor’s pocket….next.
Hah, I knew you weren't American. What country are you in where there's no poverty?
She's Korean (so she hates the US), probably from the north.

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

7. Sell Your Stuff

Just because you sit at home and do nothing while you are taken care of doesn’t meab everyone else does.

When given the actual meaning of the term, poverty, as NoHome, NoHeat, NoFood.....

...it is non-existent in this country.

Now.....are you still voting for the anti-Semitic party?

Consider yourself poor???
Try this:

8. Take a Picture of Your Receipt
No matter how tight money is right now, you’ll have to buy food at some point. We know it sounds strange, but Ibotta will pay you cash for taking pictures of your grocery store receipts.

Before heading to the store, search for items on your shopping list within the Ibotta app. When you get home, snap a photo of your receipt and scan the items’ barcodes.

Ibotta is free to download. Plus, you’ll get a $10 sign-up bonus after uploading your first receipt.

9. Prioritize Your Bills and Negotiate Them
Decide which bills to pay first and which ones can slide a little bit until you’re back on secure footing.

Pay your rent or mortgage so you don’t get kicked out of your home. Pay for power and water. You need that stuff.

Ask for payment arrangements. You may be able to negotiate lower bills on essentials like utilities or set up an interest-free payment plan to make larger bills more manageable.

For help, download Truebill, an app that’ll negotiate your bills, cancel unwanted subscriptions and refund your bank fees.

On average, Truebill says it helps customers save more than $700 a year by lowering their bills, canceling unnecessary subscriptions and getting refunds.

When Money is Tight, These 9 Resources Can Help You

Or, the usual route: do nothing about it, take welfare, and vote Democrat.
Did all these measures work for you?

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

7. Sell Your Stuff

Oy Vey Jillian has discovered that owning cats instead of having a husband just doesn't help pay the bills. Looks to me like politicalchic has done everything right and now reaps the rewards.

There are consequences to every action.

There are people in America that are poor and some are homeless. That being said, these people are rich compared to the poverty experienced in third world nations.

So a person with only a tent, a campfire, and a fresh possum to cook over the campfire is not poor?

No?
It would have been truly clear if you had answered either yes or no.

You seem to like making up you own definitions. If your definition of poverty is used then of course you are right. However, your definition of poverty is not generally accepted by many people.

Poor in America is owning an iPhone 5 and your DVD doesn’t play Blu-Ray

who apparently spend their welfare $$$ on such frivolous things, vs food for their kids.....

You are being redirected...

~S~

The real question to focus on is whether it is better to 'take arms against a sea of troubles,' or to lie back and cash your welfare check....live on someone else's efforts.

WITH WELFARE IT MAKES SENSE TO WORK LESS,”

The chart is quite revealing. A one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year. If the family provider works only one week a month at minimum wage, he or she makes 92 percent as much as a provider grossing $60,000 a year.

http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/u..._With-welfare-it-makes-sense-to-work-less.pdf

With welfare it makes sense to work less by WYATT EMMERICH 10.14.10 - 02:42 pm Northsidesun.com Remember when Mississippi used to have new manufacturing plants popping up weekly? What happened? If you ask the business leaders, the problem is a lack of skilled labor. People don’t want to work. Especially in the Delta, people just won’t show up on time and often fail drug tests. “How can this be?” you may ask. You have to work to eat. Well, that’s really not true anymore. In fact, our welfare state rewards not working. You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working a $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job. My chart tells the story. It is pretty much self-explanatory.
http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/u..._With-welfare-it-makes-sense-to-work-less.pdf

It's the Democrat way.....that's why Obama was the 'food-stamp President'

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

7. Sell Your Stuff

When given the actual meaning of the term, poverty, as NoHome, NoHeat, NoFood.....

...it is non-existent in this country.

Now.....are you still voting for the anti-Semitic party?
Here's a real definition of poverty. You're welcome.

Definition of POVERTY

Poor in America is owning an iPhone 5 and your DVD doesn’t play Blu-Ray

who apparently spend their welfare $$$ on such frivolous things, vs food for their kids.....

You are being redirected...

~S~

The real question to focus on is whether it is better to 'take arms against a sea of troubles,' or to lie back and cash your welfare check....live on someone else's efforts.

WITH WELFARE IT MAKES SENSE TO WORK LESS,”

The chart is quite revealing. A one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year. If the family provider works only one week a month at minimum wage, he or she makes 92 percent as much as a provider grossing $60,000 a year.

With welfare it makes sense to work less by WYATT EMMERICH 10.14.10 - 02:42 pm Northsidesun.com Remember when Mississippi used to have new manufacturing plants popping up weekly? What happened? If you ask the business leaders, the problem is a lack of skilled labor. People don’t want to work. Especially in the Delta, people just won’t show up on time and often fail drug tests. “How can this be?” you may ask. You have to work to eat. Well, that’s really not true anymore. In fact, our welfare state rewards not working. You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working a $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job. My chart tells the story. It is pretty much self-explanatory.

It's the Democrat way.....that's why Obama was the 'food-stamp President'
So you have a problem with poor people getting enough to eat. You must be from North Korea for sure. :lol:

I was catching up on longforms yesterday in my inbox and exchanging the best of them with my son. I came across this one. Short, beautifully written and thought provoking.

How a father of 14 lost Christmas for his kids in Chicago.

PoliticalChic is correct in her assessment of poverty. Where it exists, despite a multitude of government bureaucrats living off the proceeds, it is the result of incompetence or mental illness.

The political animal will make hay of this story. The Puritans will say "he shouldnt do this" and the libertarians will say "he has a right to do this" and the socialist will say "the government should pay him more to do this".
But our problems arent political. Our problems are exacerbated by politicians.

How a Holiday Party Went Wrong

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

7. Sell Your Stuff

We have a First World economy. You cannot compare us to less developed economies.

No?

You seem to like making up you own definitions. If your definition of poverty is used then of course you are right. However, your definition of poverty is not generally accepted by many people.

Actually, you dunce, the Democrats made up the definition of poverty that you've swallowed.

Mine is the correct definition....

'Poverty’ may be illusory. It exists in the context in which we discuss it, based on a dollar figure, …the government “developed poverty thresholds. based on the "thrifty food plan," which was the cheapest of four food plans developed by the Department of Agriculture. The food plan was "designed for temporary or emergency use when funds are low," according to the USDA.

Based on the 1955 Household Food Consumption Survey from the USDA (the latest available survey at the time), Orshansky knew that families of three or more persons spent about one third of their after-tax income on food, then multiplied the cost of the USDA economy food plan by three to arrive at the minimal yearly income a family would need. Using 1963 as a base year, she calculated that a family of four, two adults and two children would spend $1,033 for food per year. Using her formula based on the 1955 survey, she arrived at $3,100 a year ($1,033 x3) as the poverty threshold for a family of four in 1963….Each year, the U.S. Census Bureau updates the poverty threshold to account for inflation.”
How We Measure Poverty
http://www.ocpp.org/poverty/how/

Get it???????

Each year, the U.S. Census Bureau updates the poverty threshold to account for inflation.”

Hah, I knew you weren't American. What country are you in where there's no poverty?

She's a New Yorker, dumbass.

Was she born and raised in NY?

I'm just a little ol' southern gal....born in South Korea.....yet, more American than you are.

When Peter Schramm’s family fled Hungary, he writes:

“But where are we going?” I asked

“We are going to America,” my father said.

“Why America?” I prodded

“Because, son…we were born Americans, but in the wrong place,” he replied. American by Choice

I so appreciate how you Liberals choose me as the issue when you can't put a dent in my posts....I admit that I'm my fav subject......so keep it up.

No?

Actually, you dunce, the Democrats made up the definition of poverty that you've swallowed.

Mine is the correct definition....

'Poverty’ may be illusory. It exists in the context in which we discuss it, based on a dollar figure, …the government “developed poverty thresholds. based on the "thrifty food plan," which was the cheapest of four food plans developed by the Department of Agriculture. The food plan was "designed for temporary or emergency use when funds are low," according to the USDA.

Based on the 1955 Household Food Consumption Survey from the USDA (the latest available survey at the time), Orshansky knew that families of three or more persons spent about one third of their after-tax income on food, then multiplied the cost of the USDA economy food plan by three to arrive at the minimal yearly income a family would need. Using 1963 as a base year, she calculated that a family of four, two adults and two children would spend $1,033 for food per year. Using her formula based on the 1955 survey, she arrived at $3,100 a year ($1,033 x3) as the poverty threshold for a family of four in 1963….Each year, the U.S. Census Bureau updates the poverty threshold to account for inflation.”
How We Measure Poverty
http://www.ocpp.org/poverty/how/

Get it???????

Each year, the U.S. Census Bureau updates the poverty threshold to account for inflation.”
That's not a definition of poverty, rather how to measure it. Know the difference. And pass the kimchi. :lol:

Forum List

Back