What is a “well-regulated militia” and why are we so sure it refers to everyone?

We can go back and forth forever and neither will budge.

The point is, a different Court may well rule that gun rights are NOT conferred beyond usage in a well regulated militia and you’d have to suck it up and live with it
I repeat

How something in the constitution is written doesn’t matter?
It doesn't matter because you are trying to use it to claim there is no right of the people to keep and bear arms. That's why you edit that part of the 2A out every time you reference it.

It doesn't matter because you are trying to use it to claim there is no right of the people to keep and bear arms. That's why you edit that part of the 2A out every time you reference it.
As do you

Well that basically indicates it’s not a right to all citizens lol
"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Clearly indicates the people have the right to arms. No requirement of them being in some "militia".

Another Dimwinger moron who failed commas in school.
Since you are an asshole, your posts are pointless

Clearly the first phrase (followed by the comma) describes why the second phrase is there

You can interpret that part to mean that it only applies to any citizen joining a militia. You still haven’t explained why the militia phrase is even in there.
Yes, you can interpret it that way. You can also interpret it to mean exactly what it says...."the people", as in "We, the people".

Unless that right only applies to all citizens in the context of a militia. I’m not ignoring it lol. I’m clearly referencing it.

Yes, you can interpret it that way. You can also interpret it to mean exactly what it says...."the people", as in "We, the people".
I actually agree with you. The amendment is very unclear is my whole point lol.

Unless that right only applies to all citizens in the context of a militia. I’m not ignoring it lol. I’m clearly referencing it.
It clearly doesn't apply in the context of a militia, which is why you have to edit it out every time, Simp.

Again.
What I think and what you think matters not at all

Were the make up of the Court to change, in a way you don’t favor, there is nothing you could do.

States and localities would be (again) free to impose whatever gun regs they see fit

Forum List

Back