What is a “well-regulated militia” and why are we so sure it refers to everyone?

Ah, yes. The famed appeal to alleged fake tradition coupled with the strawman.

Why don't we start with what they actually wrote and stop adding bullshit straight from your gun-grabbing ass?
I’m sorry if you’re too fucking stupid to realize that neither the first amendment or second makes any mention about excluding children.

English/Grammar lesson:

72y6_-9NFu-JKjJ2G8556AgSn0Bh2pyN-BArm9IP-UE.jpg

I will.

The founders just fought a fucking war with a tyrant who tried to take away their weapons and munitions.

Thus, we, the founders, are creating this FedZilla monster which will get way out of control if we don't lock it down.

Therefore, because a militia (separate from government) is necessary, we are not going to let this new FedGov infringe the PRE-EXISTING right of the people to keep and bear arms.

In sum, it is operatively a ban on federal authority.
Lol you’re so fucking dumb. The amendment makes no mention this militia is separate from the government. Not at all. You’re CHOOSING to interpret it that way.

I’m sorry if you’re too fucking stupid to realize that neither the first amendment or second makes any mention about excluding children.
I'm sorry that you are too stupid to demonstrate why we should give a single rat fuck about your ramblings.

It's a ban on federal authority....PERIOD....

If states want to put restrictions on CHILDREN, that WAS (before the 14th Amendment) a State issue.

Don't get mad at me because you don't understand the nuance. It's a matter of State vs. Federal Authority.

Lol you’re so fucking dumb. The amendment makes no mention this militia is separate from the government. Not at all. You’re CHOOSING to interpret it that way.
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on
Ratification of the Constitution
, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

You lose.

The amendments apparently mean whatever the S.C. says until it says something else.

I'm sorry that you are too stupid to demonstrate why we should give a single rat fuck about your ramblings.

It's a ban on federal authority....PERIOD....

If states want to put restrictions on CHILDREN, that WAS (before the 14th Amendment) a State issue.

Don't get mad at me because you don't understand the nuance. It's a matter of State vs. Federal Authority.
Lol oh so now you support states making gun control laws then? Can states limit free speech as well?

Of course either way, the amendments make no mention of federal or state so your point is dumb as fuck.

Lol oh so now you support states making gun control laws then? Can states limit free speech as well?
No, because the clumsy 14th Amendment takes that power away from states too, but that's a different issue.

The Fed Gov has NO AUTHORITY to regulate arms, PERIOD

END OF DISCUSSION!!!

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on
Ratification of the Constitution
, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

You lose.
Lol that was in a debate dummy. It doesn’t mean it was made to be included in law. Also, Why wasn’t there an answer to the question provided? That would need to be made clear. Lastly what public officials? See this is all very vague and you haven’t shown that all this was made into the ratification.

No, because the clumsy 14th Amendment takes that power away from states too, but that's a different issue.

The Fed Gov has NO AUTHORITY to regulate arms, PERIOD

END OF DISCUSSION!!!
Lol see you’re just talking in circles making a fool of yourself. Mom says it’s time to get off the computer now, pumpkin.

Lol see you’re just talking in circles making a fool of yourself. Mom says it’s time to get off the computer now, pumpkin.
Wow, you are every bit the intellectual you pretend to be.

:laughing0301:

Let me break it down for you again slowly.

The bill of rights was originally included with the constitution WHY? Because the people were afraid of centralizing power and they wanted to limit the power of the FedGov.

Right?

Let's start with that basic, kindergarten concept, shall we?

Wow, you are every bit the intellectual you pretend to be.

:laughing0301:

Let me break it down for you again slowly.

The bill of rights was originally included with the constitution WHY? Because the people were afraid of centralizing power and they wanted to limit the power of the FedGov.

Right?

Let's start with that basic, kindergarten concept, shall we?
Lol so why is it then that the first amendment is interpreted to be a guaranteed right for anyone regardless of state? How do states come in to play in the first place? Why would it be illegal for gun control to be in a state by state basis based on your logic? You keep talking in circles. It doesn’t make any sense.

The rightwing will cite court precedent for this issue, but they don’t actually offer an explanation for why it should be interpreted this way.

Should this apply to 5 year olds? Should it be made legal for kids to buy firearms from a licensed firearm business because of how this is interpreted?
The only acknowledgement of the "well-regulated" specification of the Founding Fathers seems to be a high-fibre diet, and that could lead to involuntary discharge.

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.13.07 AM.png

Um, the 2A was put in place to allow the people to be armed in case the need ever arose to replace a tyrannical Govt. And you think they intended the govt to have control over that?

You are a loon. :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back