What is an "ice age?"

I cannot recommend doubling down on stupidity as you seem prone to do.

That piece 100% validates everything I've posted. Just because the fault is slanted doesn't stop any subduction.

You think that cut paste and parrot always makes you look "smart." In reality, it makes you look like a parrot who never thinks. Your position on subduction not happening on the slanted fault right by the Marshall islands is hilarious.

The plate moves = where does it go? Does Scotty beam it up?

LMFAO!!

That you call anyone else "stupid" would only compare to Hillary calling someone else a greedy liar...

Antarctica, Greenland, and Ellesmere Island are in "ice age," which is a CONTINENT SPECIFIC term, and always was....

because the past million years demonstrates that Greenland froze while NA thawed... at the same time with the same amount of CO2 in the atmosphere..

You don't get to invent linguistic usage all by yourself. Show us a single reputable reference who agrees with your contention that the term "ice age" is "continent specific", as you've claimed here about 20 times, so far without one single fucking shred of evidence.

You and Ladexter seem to be the only people in the universe to claim the Marshall Islands are sinking

Life in a disappearing country
"They've internalized the gravest of predictions -- that the Marshall Islands, this loose collection of no-elevation coral atolls, likely will be submerged beneath the waves as humans continue to warm the atmosphere and the oceans continue to rise. They've seen their homes flood frequently -- seen the tides getting higher, seen their lives threatened."
[Thanked by jc456]

Astounding that two such stupid people, in a universe as large as ours, should be able to find each other.
yep how about that? Right here. So is your claim that sea level is rising? If so, name somewhere.

So is your claim that sea level is rising? If so, name somewhere.

My "claim", JC, is that mainstream science is the most likely to be correct on any scientific issue. Thus when I see that the most widely recognized experts on global sea level say that THIS:

sl_ns_global.png

is what the world's oceans are doing, I think that global sea level is quite likely to be rising as indicated here.

And JC, according to Dictionary.com, the term "global" means

adjective
pertaining to the whole world; worldwide; universal:

Last edited:
Show us a single reputable reference who agrees with

That is what the PARROT seeks, things to PARROT to compensate for a complete and total lack of ability to THINK...

The issue of Greenland freezing and NA thawing during the past million years has been on this board for weeks. What is under the thickest part of Greenland's ice is 400-800k years old, demonstrating just how young of an ice age Greenland is. We know the scars at the bottom of the Great Lakes indicate scratches from rocks under 2 miles of ice, 1 million years ago and as recently as 10k years ago.

Greenland FROZE while NA THAWED

and I don't need to PARROT that from one of your sick in the head fudgebaking fearmongers...

is that mainstream science is the most likely to be correct on any scientific issue

PARROT

PARROT

PARROT

and then demand PARROTING when PARROTING is REFUTED BY DATA presented by a BRAIN that THINKS INSTEAD OF PARROTS....

So is your claim that sea level is rising? If so, name somewhere.

My "claim", JC, is that mainstream science is the most likely to be correct on any scientific issue. Thus when I see that the most widely recognized experts on global sea level say that THIS:

sl_ns_global.png

is what the world's oceans are doing, I think that global sea level is quite likely to be rising as indicated here.

And JC, according to Dictionary.com, the term "global" means

adjective
pertaining to the whole world; worldwide; universal:
again crick, name somewhere that validates your handmade chart. A location, do you need me to post the definition of location on the globe? where's the additional water coming from? Sea ice? hahahahahahahahahahaahaha

Last edited:
Then let's see the data that you claim refutes mainstream science.

Do I have to re-post about Antarctic Ice GROWING from the British Court and more recently NASA???

You smugly ask that knowing full well you've been shown that data, and that your side CHICKENED OUT from appealing the British Court ruling.

Your beaked BIRDBRAIN claims a sea level rise. To get a sea level rise on Earth, you need to do something about that one piece of ice that has 90% of Earth's ice on it, and that thing is GROWING... which means your BULLSHIT about sea level rise is just that...

90% of Earth ice on Antarctica growing = no sea level rise on Earth

This board is actually large and diverse enough to do a

1) was it a RECORD WARM year WHERE YOU LIVED??

and when everyone says NO, Crick would post 500k fudge charts and insist it was ....

Then let's see the data that you claim refutes mainstream science.

Do I have to re-post about Antarctic Ice GROWING from the British Court and more recently NASA???

That Antarctic ice sheets are expanding in area or even that the Eastern Antarctic *might* be adding mass at present (and I wish to emphasize that "*might*") does NOT mean the world's seas aren't rising. The paper from Zwally is STILL the only one claiming to have observed a positive ice mass balance for Antarctica. Other papers have come out before ad since that still find the mass balance to be negative. As to the British court:
The British Court Dimmock v Department of Education found "nine significant errors". Those errors were:

1.) The sea level will rise up to 20 feet because of the melting of either West Antarctica or Greenland in the near future. (This "Armageddon scenario" would only take place over thousands of years, the judge wrote.)

2.) Some low-lying Pacific islands have been so inundated with water that their citizens have all had to evacuate to New Zealand. ("There is no evidence of any such evacuation having yet happened.")

3.) Global warming will shut down the "ocean conveyor," by which the Gulf Stream moves across the North Atlantic to Western Europe. (According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, "it is very unlikely that the Ocean Conveyor will shut down in the future…")

4.) There is a direct coincidence between the rise in carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and the rise in temperature over the last 650,000 years. ("Although there is general scientific agreement that there is a connection, the two graphs do not establish what Mr. Gore asserts.")

5.) The disappearance of the snows on Mount Kilimanjaro is expressly attributable to global warming. ("However, it is common ground that, the scientific consensus is that it cannot be established that the recession of snows on Mount. Kilimanjaro is mainly attributable to human-induced climate change.")

6.) The drying up of Lake Chad is a prime example of a catastrophic result of global warming. ("It is generally accepted that the evidence remains insufficient to establish such an attribution" and may be more likely the effect of population increase, overgrazing and regional climate variability.)

7.) Hurricane Katrina and the consequent devastation in New Orleans is because of global warming. ("It is common ground that there is insufficient evidence to show that.")

8.) Polar bears are drowning because they have to swim long distances to find ice. ("The only scientific study that either side before me can find is one, which indicates that four polar bears have recently been found drowned because of a storm.")

9.) Coral reefs all over the world are bleaching because of global warming and other factors. ("Separating the impacts of stresses due to climate change from other stresses, such as overfishing and pollution, was difficult.")

Hmm... I must have missed it. Can you please point out where the judge ruled that the world's oceans weren't rising?

You smugly ask that knowing full well you've been shown that data, and that your side CHICKENED OUT from appealing the British Court ruling.

You've never shown me "that data" because "that" data" doesn't exist. None of this says diddly squat about sea level rise.

Your beaked BIRDBRAIN claims a sea level rise. To get a sea level rise on Earth, you need to do something about that one piece of ice that has 90% of Earth's ice on it, and that thing is GROWING... which means your BULLSHIT about sea level rise is just that...

I've already demonstrated your basic ARITHMETIC failure with this claim. Apparently, you didn't even realize that was what I was doing. Crispy, this one is.

90% of Earth ice on Antarctica growing = no sea level rise on Earth

Sorry, but that is a false statement and ignorantly so.

Last edited:
The paper from Zwally is STILL the only one claiming to have observed a positive ice mass balance for Antarctica.

And that is truly telling, isn't it, that just one fudgebaking liar is even in the ballpark of the TRUTH of the DATA....

NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses

"According to the new analysis of satellite data, the Antarctic ice sheet showed a net gain of 112 billion tons of ice a year from 1992 to 2001. That net gain slowed to 82 billion tons of ice per year between 2003 and 2008."

And when we went to COURT in 2007....

Official British Court Finds 11 Inaccuracies in Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth, Labels It As Political Propaganda

• The film suggests that the Antarctic ice covering is melting, the evidence was that it is in fact increasing.

And there you have it. When we went to COURT, the DATA talked and the FUDGE walked...

In the world of Algorian FRAUD, all these "papers" say that Antarctica is melting.... melting... but the data NEVER SAID THAT = NEVER.

Antarctic ice has grown every year for millions of years, and will continue to do so, as will Greenland's even though Greenland's ice age is well under 1 million years old...

The paper from Zwally is STILL the only one claiming to have observed a positive ice mass balance for Antarctica.

And that is truly telling, isn't it, that just one fudgebaking liar is even in the ballpark of the TRUTH of the DATA....

NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses

"According to the new analysis of satellite data, the Antarctic ice sheet showed a net gain of 112 billion tons of ice a year from 1992 to 2001. That net gain slowed to 82 billion tons of ice per year between 2003 and 2008."

"Truly telling" of WHAT? The problem with Zwally's work is that other glaciologists seem to disagree with his conclusions. And then there's also the point that it says diddly squat about what global sea level is doing. Sea level rise is being measured by DIRECT MEASUREMENT OF SEA LEVEL. There are certainly folks making calculations about how much melt is taking place in the Antarctic, in Greenland and in the rest of the world's glaciers and snow fields, but that is not where that UC plot comes from, is it. It comes from thousands of tidal gauges and the altimetry record of three different satellites. Do those tide gauges care about what's happening in Antarctica? They do not. Do those satellites care about what's happening in Greenland? They do not. All they care about is "WHAT IS THE LEVEL OF THE OCEAN IN THIS LOCATION?"

And when we went to COURT in 2007....

We? We? You got a turd in your pocket? YOU didn't go to court and - GUESS FUCKING WHAT? - Dimmock v Dept of Education did not render a verdict on rising sea levels, it did not render a verdict on global warming, it did not render a verdict on anthropogenicity. It rendered a verdict on the claims in Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth". Now if YOU think that all of AGW and climate science is based on the material in Gore's movie, you'll set some new records around here for stupid. Climate science is NOT working from Gore's movie. Judge Burton's conclusions mean absolutely nothing to scientists working in the field. Let me repeat: N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Burton is not a scientist. He did no climate research. He based his conclusions on what was presented to him in court. And the majority of those items have now come to fruition in fact. The West Antarctic Ice Sheet has irreversibly destabilized. The Carteret Islands in the Papua Group have been evacuated. Shakun et al and Marcott et al have both demonstrated CO2-caused warming during the Holocene. The snows on Mt Kilimanjaro are now melting due to global warming. Lakes are drying up, glaciers are melting, rainfall patterns are changing - all as a result of global warming. Severe storm incidence and average intensity have increased worldwide. Polar bear populations are dwindling and the impact of Arctic ice loss is affecting walrus and seal populations as well. Coral reefs all over the world ARE experiencing seriously threatening levels of bleaching. Dimmock and Judge Burton, as it turns out, were WRONG.

The film suggests that the Antarctic ice covering is melting, the evidence was that it is in fact increasing.

What the everloving fuck are you talking about? Dimmock took place in October of 2007. Zwally et al was published in 2015. There was most assuredly ZERO evidence in 2007 of increasing ice mass in Antarctica. Let me guess, though. You're thinking about those drowning polar bears, aren't you. Well, WhizBrain, guess where polar bears do NOT live?

And there you have it.

Yes. We have found you're an ignorant lying ass.

When we went to COURT, the DATA talked and the FUDGE walked...

As stated above, there's no "we". You had jack shit to do with any of it.
The court case was not a judgement on any aspect of AGW and has NO (ZERO) scientific significance

In the world of Algorian FRAUD, all these "papers" say that Antarctica is melting.... melting... but the data NEVER SAID THAT = NEVER.

Over a dozen peer reviewed papers, overflowing with real, actual, measured, observed DATA (the stuff with which you never sully your hands) show the ice mass balance of Antarctica to be NEGATIVE.

Antarctic ice has grown every year for millions of years, and will continue to do so, as will Greenland's even though Greenland's ice age is well under 1 million years old...

So... let me get this straight. Despite Greenland's ice age being "well under 1 million years old", it's ice has grown for millionS of years.

Global warming only began 150 years ago and only got serious 50 years ago. What do you think it matters what happened a million years ago? Did human culture exist a million years ago? Were the world's coastlines crowded with people and homes and roads and businesses and a million other human structures? No, they weren't. We're concerned with what's happening now. And what is happening now is human GHG emissions and deforestation have led to a sharp increase in the greenhouse gas CO2. That has increased greenhouse warming and the average temperature of the planet is rising. That is having significant, harmful effects, including losses of drinking water, crop failures, an increase in average severe storm intensity, increased ocean acidity and a rise in sea level. All of these issues will continue to get worse for many years even were we to take immediate, maximal action. Doing nothing is rapidly becoming a non-choice. Those advocating inaction are endangering the real well-being of human society. The cost of dealing with this will be in the trillions of dollars over a century or longer. Humanity MUST abandon the use of fossil fuel and replace it with alternative energy sources. There is no other option. Period.

Last edited:
"Truly telling" of WHAT? The problem with Zwally's work is that other glaciologists seem to disagree with his conclusions.

You use the term "glaciologists." In reality, those "papers" are by the same fudgebaking liars as who cooked the atmospheric temps, the ocean temps, and the ocean level readings. They are Tippys, fudgebakers, and nobody who practices actual science.

There is no disagreement about Antarctic Ice Growth, or your side would have APPEALED the British Court ruling.

theres 2 position in this discussion

1. position is trying reason, its giving arguments.
logic.

2. position is :

i want to use oil and coal and i don t care shit what happens

i don t care shit about logic and arguments

i want to fuck and if you call it rape i say fuck you ill rape you too

thats the 2. position

so its acctually useless to argue

You use the term "glaciologists." In reality, those "papers" are by the same fudgebaking liars as who cooked the atmospheric temps, the ocean temps, and the ocean level readings. They are Tippys, fudgebakers, and nobody who practices actual science.

There is no disagreement about Antarctic Ice Growth, or your side would have APPEALED the British Court ruling.

How can you be as stupid as these comments indicate and maintain a roof over your head, feed yourself and operate a computer?

The significance you attempt to place on Dimmock v Dept of Ed is absolutely the most ludicrous thing I think I've ever seen.

Decision-Design

It's all about 'Dianetics perspective.' Tom Cruise had a lot to do with its social spotlight in recent years.

raincoat.jpg

theres 2 position in this discussion

1. position is trying reason, its giving arguments.
logic.

2. position is :

i want to use oil and coal and i don t care shit what happens

i don t care shit about logic and arguments

i want to fuck and if you call it rape i say fuck you ill rape you too

thats the 2. position

so its acctually useless to argue

Why does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other?

If you cannot answer that question, you know precisely nothing about Earth climate change, and likely never will given your sub 10 IQ...

The significance you attempt to place on Dimmock v Dept of Ed is absolutely the most ludicrous thing I think I've ever seen.

Two sides went to court.

One side won, the other side lost.

The side that lost did not appeal.

but still insists it won because it keeps on FUDGING outside of that courtroom...

Forum List

Back