What is holding African Americans back?

African Americans are not successful?
Not according to the race mongers who spoke yesterday.

Where have you been? According to the black leaders in America, they are all but in chains still....

Lets guess...how much total weight should the peeps at the MLK event lose to qualify for obabblecare benefits?? My estimate would be 300000 pounds?

What is your guess?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

What is holding African Americans back from being successful?

Whats holding back the Scottish people from being successfull in Great Britan?

LOL!

Heres what the OP should do. Think about the entire history Black people. The Illegal and in the past legalized racism, persecution, discrimination, unfair housing and justice laws combined with about 50 years of government efforts trying to do better by those people and ask yourself.

Why arent the minority people as a whole on the same level as whites who handed out the racism in shit? Then ask yourself: Whooos a silly goose?

The comments yesterday made it sound like blacks are still being kept down. Many people, of all races, are quite successful and when you look at how they did it, you see people with an education, good work ethic and the desire to succeed. If some blacks are still in chains, as stated during the bitch session, er, I mean MLK celebration yesterday, then they need to explain how they are being kept from school, prevented from working hard and not being allowed to actively follow their dreams.

We need to address the high school drop out rate, crime rate among youth and family stability.

For years, there have been programs especially focused toward the poor. There has been a black college fund for years and government aid and programs for poor families.

Either the programs are completely ineffective or whites are somehow stopping blacks from benefitting from them.

Never does the left talk about personal responsibility, only about how government will help them. I suspect people are still waiting for the government to redistribute all the ambition since the rest of us are hoarding it.

If anyone wants to improve their lot in life, first they have to lose the bad attitude, get off their butt and start working toward what they want. It helps when people don't do stupid things, like criminal acts, that set them back. It's a person's own actions that either help them advance or add another link to that chain that keeps them in one place.

Honestly, with affirmative action, sometimes non-minorities are the ones held back and not because of a lack of skill or drive, but because color is all that counts to some. Color is used as an excuse and it is really getting old.

Last edited:
Heres what the OP should do. Think about the entire history Black people. The Illegal and in the past legalized racism, persecution, discrimination, unfair housing and justice laws combined with about 50 years of government efforts trying to do better by those people and ask yourself.

Why arent the minority people as a whole on the same level as whites who handed out the racism in shit? Then ask yourself: Whooos a silly goose?
If you want to think about the entire history of black people, don' t forget about the millions of years before the Europeans sailed around the world and found Africa.

I wonder if some of it is fear. At one time Blacks were not allowed to play professional baseball, football, tennis and other sports, then they got in and bingo. Same thing with the entertainment industry and would the same thing happen in business, medicine, law and other professions if all Blacks had the same access to education and opportunity?

I wonder if some of it is fear. At one time Blacks were not allowed to play professional baseball, football, tennis and other sports, then they got in and bingo. Same thing with the entertainment industry and would the same thing happen in business, medicine, law and other professions if all Blacks had the same access to education and opportunity?

Fear of what? Blacks own the nba and a large part of the nfl
Have everything and the presidency....

Making excuses for something they cause on themselves doesn't help.

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

What is holding African Americans back from being successful?

LOL!

They need to get over all that.

LOL!

They need to get over all that.

Being stuck in the past doesn't help anyone. Why not wake up and start working towards their advancement???? Not always easy but it is up to them.

Forum List

Back