What Is It With Men?

Is it a universal man thing, or is it just MY menfolk [...]
You've asked, so here's the answer.

With a disposition like yours, what kind of men can you reasonably expect would be willing to want anything more than occasional casual sex with you -- if that much? Any man who would tolerate a contemptuously aggressive woman is not much of a man. So I suggest you've got what your hand calls for.

When I want to hear from a man who wouldn't qualify to sniff my cast-off undies, I'll let you know. Until then, please assume that any question I ask is not directed at you, because I certainly am.

Cecilie, do you want an actual answer, with potentials to fix the problem or do you just want people to commiserate with you on how terrible we Men are?

Let me know and I'll post the appropriate reply.

I don't think men are terrible. And I particularly don't think MY men are terrible. They're generous, loving, supportive, and a lot of fun to be around . . . but they can't seem to take direction without a half-hour debate about it.

So mostly, I'm just wondering if this is a univeral thing attached to the Y chromosome, or if mine are just weird.

Thats alot of multi tasking, I had a wife and a girlfriend at one time and I was barely getting any sleep, its alot of work to maintain that.
Maybe she misspoke as she supposedly is a seriously religious person. Or at the very least she's always blaming liberals for the destruction of society.

Heck, she raises her son to think women should be doormats, holds fetish balls, and now has a husband and a boyfriend???

Well I can't really judge her since I also did have a girlfriend and wife at the same time, only thing you can do is keep your kids out of your affairs.

What the hell does religion have to do with anything? Are we now assuming that ALL religious people and all religions hold exactly the same cultural views? Because I'm pretty sure there are any number of countries in the world that would disagree.

eh.... and *I* have studied biblical theology extensively, homeschooled my children a bit, taught sunday school... The bible, yes, our beloved bible is as much a book that represents the devil as it does Almighty God. Hmmmm. Comparisons can be interestingly entangled. Perhaps too many don't recognize his levels of leadership for what they are. Perhaps there are things being said that are not being heard on any other level than basic language...

Good for but you being the subject is not up for debate

Nope... notta debate... it was/is a thread about 'what IS wrong with men...' ;) but foundations, biblical, constitutional, and otherwise are most usually structures that men set forth, or had been for most of history... perhaps that is the whole issue. The balance of testosterone is outta whack within the political arena and the proof is in the lack of respect and consideration that stems from what is and isn't happening from within our American homes.

Technically, this is not a thread about "what is WRONG with men". It was simply "What IS IT with men". As in, why do they do this? And do they ALL do it, or just mine? I imagine they find it just as annoying that I insist on making plans for getting things done without having a lengthy consultation with them first.

"Neither my husband nor my boyfriend "

HUH?

That's the first thing I noticed.

But divorced spouses can still be called husbands or ex.

Course she could be Mormon.

No, the guys are the one's that get all the chicks in the Mormon church.

Hmmmm, it's a poser.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." And there are more lifestyles and sub-cultures in the world than the standard, Ozzie and Harriet, Western Civilization model. :)

I have one of those damned things.....

They'll take ya around your ass to get to your elbow
:D

So far as I know, Tom-Tom only tells you how to get from one place to another. It doesn't plan out the most expeditious route including multiple stops.

Or unles it is set (Like my Garmin), to show the quickest and most economical route... ;)

Well, again, the problem wasn't the most economical route to ONE STOP. It was finding the best way to hit two different places in an area full of one-way streets and rush hour traffic.

Had we only been going to Hydra, the location in downtown Tucson, he would have been correct. Since we needed to go to BOTH Hydra and Fourth Avenue, it became a different matter entirely.

So far as I know, Tom-Tom only tells you how to get from one place to another. It doesn't plan out the most expeditious route including multiple stops.

Or unles it is set (Like my Garmin), to show the quickest and most economical route... ;)

Well, again, the problem wasn't the most economical route to ONE STOP. It was finding the best way to hit two different places in an area full of one-way streets and rush hour traffic.

Had we only been going to Hydra, the location in downtown Tucson, he would have been correct. Since we needed to go to BOTH Hydra and Fourth Avenue, it became a different matter entirely.

Isee. Yeah those things don't multi-task too well, and don't take into account rush-hour :eek: ;)

Isee. Yeah those things don't multi-task too well, and don't take into account rush-hour :eek: ;)

You'd really have to see how the streets in downtown Tucson are laid out to fully appreciate it, but generally speaking, no matter how PHYSICALLY close to something in downtown you are, you're still better off taking care of all errands around the periphery first, and THEN heading in. Setting things up so that you have to backtrack at any time is a HUGE no-no.

You'd really have to see how the streets in downtown Tucson are laid out to fully appreciate it, but generally speaking, no matter how PHYSICALLY close to something in downtown you are, you're still better off taking care of all errands around the periphery first, and THEN heading in. Setting things up so that you have to backtrack at any time is a HUGE no-no.

Sounds like where I live. Know the pattern. :)

Forum List

Back