🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is Obama's end game?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

It looks pretty clear that Obama has chosen not to put a high priority on working with the GOP going forward (given the "relationship" between he and the GOP so far, that's not exactly a shock), and I'm wondering what his strategy is. I'm seeing three possibilities:
  • First, he wants to frame the conversation for the 2016 elections as the populists vs. the corporatists
  • Second, he wants to use executive actions to get as much of his agenda accomplished as possible
  • Third, he wants to blend the above, framing the 2016 conversation via his executive actions
  • Or, of course, some combination therein
Since he has the standard politician-sized ego, my guess this is more about himself and his legacy than anything else. Or is it larger issue, is he just trying now to play a role in a true turning point for the country?

The populist argument is gaining traction, maybe he senses it's time to go for the brass ring.

Likely true. If they can drag the 'party of no' meme to 2016 he will lock the presidential ticket for the dems (and likely gain in the senate as well). Having only the house in republican hands in 2016 would be a disaster for the GOP as the dems could continue the same tactics they have been using.

His use of exec orders is already established as well. He will try and run things through them.

If he gave two fucks about this country, he'd use his executive powers for useful stuff.

Double all funding for infrastructure, science, r&d and promise to send a man to the moon by the 2016 election. ;)

Use his executive powers to cut taxes on the middle class and close the loopholes for the rich!

But of course, he won't. He does stupid shit instead.

If he gave two fucks about this country, he'd use his executive powers for useful stuff.

Double all funding for infrastructure, science, r&d and promise to send a man to the moon by the 2016 election. ;)

Use his executive powers to cut taxes on the middle class and close the loopholes for the rich!

You don't seem to understand what his executive powers actually are. Do you think he is a king?

He cant do anything you just listed.

Obumble's end-game?

Repealing the 22nd Amendment to the US Constitution?
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

What the GOP needs to do to avoid looking like the "party of no" is come up with alternative ideas. Even their gains in 2014 were made off of nothing more than historical trends and "we oppose Obama". With an improving economy, increasing employment and changing demographics, the GOP will find it increasingly difficult to run on opposition to everything Obama proposes.

It looks pretty clear that Obama has chosen not to put a high priority on working with the GOP going forward (given the "relationship" between he and the GOP so far, that's not exactly a shock), and I'm wondering what his strategy is. I'm seeing three possibilities:
  • First, he wants to frame the conversation for the 2016 elections as the populists vs. the corporatists
  • Second, he wants to use executive actions to get as much of his agenda accomplished as possible
  • Third, he wants to blend the above, framing the 2016 conversation via his executive actions
  • Or, of course, some combination therein
Since he has the standard politician-sized ego, my guess this is more about himself and his legacy than anything else. Or is it larger issue, is he just trying now to play a role in a true turning point for the country?

The populist argument is gaining traction, maybe he senses it's time to go for the brass ring.

After basically wasting the first 6 years, there's little that he can accomplish now. It's clear that he has purposely ignored and/or neglected the BIG issues that adversely affect this nation and her citizens. My guess, and my opinion, is that he'll continue status quo, make it look good, but in reality, just continue to spin his wheels and blame an anti-Obama Congress for his failures. In my opinion, he'll continue to ignore government corruption, the gross injustices in our judicial system, taxation without representation, government waste of tax dollars, repairing foreign policy and our relationship with our many allies, our unfair, unjust, and one-sided foreign trade agreements and policies, ending illegal immigration, un-penalized off-shore job out-sourcing, un-penalized importing of labor, infrastructure repairs and upgrades, unnecessary defense spending, subsidies, the control of Congress by Lobbyists, campaign financing, election fraud, the abuses of eminent domain laws, illegal search and seizure, the right to privacy, our ridiculous prison and jail population, the growing gap between the rich and the poor, the growing gap between the cost of living and real wages, affordable health care, affordable higher education, proper care of our many VETS, etc., etc., etc.

What the GOP needs to do to avoid looking like the "party of no" is come up with alternative ideas. Even their gains in 2014 were made off of nothing more than historical trends and "we oppose Obama". With an improving economy, increasing employment and changing demographics, the GOP will find it increasingly difficult to run on opposition to everything Obama proposes.
Absolutely.

The question is can they? I don't really think so. Obama is going to bait them as much as possible and the dems have always, IMHO, been better at controlling the narrative.

Absolutely.

The question is can they? I don't really think so. Obama is going to bait them as much as possible and the dems have always, IMHO, been better at controlling the narrative.
Better controlling the narrative because they have the MSM as stenographers.

Absolutely.

Better controlling the narrative because they have the MSM as stenographers.
How is irrelevant. The fact is they are and the republicans are not going to win by lamenting the fact that the dems have the 'MSM' (though that meme is old as well because FOX is the most popular news channel) but by dealing with it.

The question is how do they rise above the challenges?

He plans to cause more strife, stir up more class warfare and hate. and bring chaos in our lives.

About the same he's done for the first miserable six he's been in office

It's hard to lead when all you do is find reason for failure....Or by being a negative Nelly...

Good point. The Republicans spend ALL their time telling everyone how god damn awful government is. And how it is incompetent and wasteful and all that shit.

Then they want to be elected to this awful government.

And the American people have to look at this party and say why would we elect you Republicans when you believe the government is corrupt, therefore you Republicans must be corrupt as well because when you do get elected, the corruption becomes rampant. Thereby proving their own point. When Repub are in power, corruption reigns and government is wasteful and Repubs are definitely incompetent.

And they think that their corruption is leadership. That ain't leading.

The largest feather in his cap, the thing he wants most because it will fuck Americans, Illegal. Immigration. That is priority number 1 for him, and since nobody has the balls to oppose him, he will likely get it.

A bonus, find a way to make them eligible voters in time for 2016 so he can get Killary elected.

<><><><><><><>
that is the problem, he does not give even ONE fuck about this country other than to destroy more than 200+ years worth of prosperity, traditions and justice for all.

he wants to turn this country into a muslime caliphate, and if anyone is watching and paying attention, this country under this America hating regime and presidunce is slowly gaining traction, many people are so much into themselves to notice where we as a sovereign nation are headed.

this muslime :bsflag: must be STOPPED !! :up:

Forum List

Back