🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is Obama's end game?

I think Obama is counting on Congress remaining gridlocked

In the absence of a functioning Congress, Obama is the only game in town and he will continue with executive orders that slap Congress in the face and dare them to do something

In the mean time he will force Republicans into situations where they have to side with the one percent over working Americans

He is laying the groundwork for Democrats for 2016
I doubt that. Congress will be anything but gridlocked unless the dems over play the filibuster. I don't see that happening right after condemning the republicans for doing so. Even then I would not be surprised if the republicans simply do away with it altogether. I doubt Obama would be 'counting' on something that is not likely to happen.

You really think you will get any partisan legislation through the Senate? Can Republicans go up and say.....remember that bill of yours that I stood up for?

Obama is the only game in town. He is perfectly willing to pass executive orders while the Do Nothing Congress fumes

The largest feather in his cap, the thing he wants most because it will fuck Americans, Illegal. Immigration. That is priority number 1 for him, and since nobody has the balls to oppose him, he will likely get it.

A bonus, find a way to make them eligible voters in time for 2016 so he can get Killary elected.
Didn't you love how Bush jr to Reagan never stopped the flow of illegals?

Obama is pretty obvious with his end game

Start making proposals that help the middle class. Let Republicans keep killing them as they stand up to protect wealthy Americans

Lay the groundwork for 2016 by making it clear Republicans won't lift a finger for working Americans
So far with the GOP it's the masses which much suffer for electing Oblama....

If he gave two fucks about this country, he'd use his executive powers for useful stuff.

Double all funding for infrastructure, science, r&d and promise to send a man to the moon by the 2016 election. ;)

Use his executive powers to cut taxes on the middle class and close the loopholes for the rich!

But of course, he won't. He does stupid shit instead.
<><><><><><><>
that is the problem, he does not give even ONE fuck about this country other than to destroy more than 200+ years worth of prosperity, traditions and justice for all.

he wants to turn this country into a muslime caliphate, and if anyone is watching and paying attention, this country under this America hating regime and presidunce is slowly gaining traction, many people are so much into themselves to notice where we as a sovereign nation are headed.

this muslime :bsflag: must be STOPPED !! :up:
Still shitting those Depends with your helpful insights on your paranoia?

Start making proposals that help the middle class. Let Republicans keep killing them as they stand up to protect wealthy Americans

Lay the groundwork for 2016 by making it clear Republicans won't lift a finger for working Americans

Republicans have been punishing America for electing Obama for the last six years

Looks like Obama is offfering some payback

The largest feather in his cap, the thing he wants most because it will fuck Americans, Illegal. Immigration. That is priority number 1 for him, and since nobody has the balls to oppose him, he will likely get it.

A bonus, find a way to make them eligible voters in time for 2016 so he can get Killary elected.

No but I love the way people can't fucking put this current president to the flame for it, yet can the guy who has been gone 6 years.

I don't engage in donkey vs elephant wars, both parties are fucking America, it just so happens it is a donkey doing it right now.

No but I love the way people can't fucking put this current president to the flame for it, yet can the guy who has been gone 6 years.
I hate the way it's been since 1980 when I voted for Reagan, yet it is people that hire them that seem to want them here and have lobbied the govt. to let them stay and play a cat and mouse game..

Republicans have been punishing America for electing Obama for the last six years

Looks like Obama is offfering some payback
It's out of the splintered GOP's hands....

Absolutely.

The question is can they? I don't really think so. Obama is going to bait them as much as possible and the dems have always, IMHO, been better at controlling the narrative.
Better controlling the narrative because they have the MSM as stenographers.
How is irrelevant. The fact is they are and the republicans are not going to win by lamenting the fact that the dems have the 'MSM' (though that meme is old as well because FOX is the most popular news channel) but by dealing with it.

The question is how do they rise above the challenges?
Its quite easy actually. They simply just do their job and don't worry about vetoes.

If they do their job and pass legislation that deals with issues that Americans feel need to be worked upon, The lamer in chief can speak all he wants. He's the one that will be saying no.

In the absence of a functioning Congress, Obama is the only game in town and he will continue with executive orders that slap Congress in the face and dare them to do something

In the mean time he will force Republicans into situations where they have to side with the one percent over working Americans

I doubt that. Congress will be anything but gridlocked unless the dems over play the filibuster. I don't see that happening right after condemning the republicans for doing so. Even then I would not be surprised if the republicans simply do away with it altogether. I doubt Obama would be 'counting' on something that is not likely to happen.

You really think you will get any partisan legislation through the Senate? Can Republicans go up and say.....remember that bill of yours that I stood up for?

Obama is the only game in town. He is perfectly willing to pass executive orders while the Do Nothing Congress fumes
Am "I" going to get partisan legislation through the senate? I am not going to get anything through the senate as I am not in the senate....

They certainly are going to get that legislation though - that is a fact. There certainly are going to be those bills that the dems will freeze such as attempts to derail Obamacare but the republicans are running the show now and will be able to get a lot of republican bills through.

Funny how you are all fine and dandy with a do nothing congress now that it is no longer a democrat one. What happened to all the ire over the last 'do nothing' congress? There is also the fact that the dems are going to have to get the do nothing label on congress even if congress is passing bills and the president is vetoing them. In that instance it really is a do nothing presidency.

Absolutely.

The question is can they? I don't really think so. Obama is going to bait them as much as possible and the dems have always, IMHO, been better at controlling the narrative.
Better controlling the narrative because they have the MSM as stenographers.
How is irrelevant. The fact is they are and the republicans are not going to win by lamenting the fact that the dems have the 'MSM' (though that meme is old as well because FOX is the most popular news channel) but by dealing with it.

The question is how do they rise above the challenges?
Its quite easy actually. They simply just do their job and don't worry about vetoes.

If they do their job and pass legislation that deals with issues that Americans feel need to be worked upon, The lamer in chief can speak all he wants. He's the one that will be saying no.
That all depends on the messaging. Obama will try and move it back to the congress - likely stating that they are not only doing nothing but also playing fast and loose with the nation by playing party politics and sending him bills that they know he will not sign. What the people will believe? I don't know.

Just like the previous 6 years, he's done what is best for the nation--the right way--and the hard work is beginning to bear fruit. We're at peace, the economy is getting better, consumer confidence is back, the air is cleaner, the stock market (despite the increased regulation--so much for the lie that you can't have both good corporate citizenry and good corporate profits) is up, unemployment is down, and there is a renewed sense of optimism as someone up there finally suggested doing something that will serve as a true spark; increase the education of the children.

In other words, the crisis atmosphere that the GOP relishes has faded. It's time for another debt ceiling show-down; right folks?
Aside from the standard partisan talking points, here's my question: The only tangible moves he'll be able to make for the next couple of years will be executive orders, but he's obviously not going to back down. Does this mean to you that he's planning on keeping the ball in the air long enough for Democrat candidates to run with it in 2016? Is that the thrust of this strategy?

It's pretty clear that his state-run media will be painting an extremely rosy picture of the economy, and talking about how much he's accomplished. Last year was a terrible year for him. The fact that he can say the crap he was saying last night with a straight face is unbelievable. He made all of the things he's done wrong seem like they didn't even happen.

The hypocrisy on display was unbelievable. He talked about higher wages,:ack-1: but he's personally frozen pay in the Department of Defense for 6 years and only this year allowed a miniscule COLA.:oops-28: In the past we could count on annual pay increase of maybe 1% to at least help cope with inflation, but Obama hasn't allowed even that. He's been stiffing the military and the civilians that support them since the day he walked into the Oval Office. How dare he talk about wages!!!:hmpf:
Hey Mud, perhaps you should try to compete in private enterprise, rather than being a government leech all your life. After all, most of us do that, and, if we don't like our wages , get a job that pays better, or improve our skills so that our present employer will value our contributions more.

Am "I" going to get partisan legislation through the senate? I am not going to get anything through the senate as I am not in the senate....

They certainly are going to get that legislation though - that is a fact. There certainly are going to be those bills that the dems will freeze such as attempts to derail Obamacare but the republicans are running the show now and will be able to get a lot of republican bills through.

Funny how you are all fine and dandy with a do nothing congress now that it is no longer a democrat one. What happened to all the ire over the last 'do nothing' congress? There is also the fact that the dems are going to have to get the do nothing label on congress even if congress is passing bills and the president is vetoing them. In that instance it really is a do nothing presidency.

Republicans will receive the same level of Senatorial courtesy as they have given over the last eight years

Republicans will receive the same level of Senatorial courtesy as they have given over the last eight years
Really and that is acceptable?

Considering the amount of attacking you have done against the republicans over this issue, you seem awfully accepting of having your side do the same thing.

Really and that is acceptable?

Considering the amount of attacking you have done against the republicans over this issue, you seem awfully accepting of having your side do the same thing.

Politics is all about building allies and trading off favors. I will vote for your bill if you will vote for mine. Republicans threw that out the window. To play....lets let bygones be bygone and start fresh is kind of unrealistic.

But if Republicans want to go back to bipartisan politics they need to do the following

1. Stop all repeal Obamacare legislation....it poisons the well
2. Be willing to include provisions acceptable to the Dems and the President

The GOP could prove they want to work with the Democrats (which they don't) by a very simple strategy...

...pass bi-partisan legislation with enough Democratic votes to override an Obama veto.

Any Republican who even HINTS at cooperating with the Democrats should keep moving boxes handy in their office.

They'll be primaried out the next time around.

And that is the crux of the issue

The rightwing media will not tolerate ANY compromise with the Democrats. Conservatives would rather have nothing if it means the Dems will get something

Even bills that are win/win for both sides get squashed because it means the Dems will win also

This is the primary reason Republicans will never accomplish anything

Yes thank goodness that the far left Harry Reid left the nuclear option in place..

Any Republican who even HINTS at cooperating with the Democrats should keep moving boxes handy in their office.

They'll be primaried out the next time around.

And that is the crux of the issue

The rightwing media will not tolerate ANY compromise with the Democrats. Conservatives would rather have nothing if it means the Dems will get something

Even bills that are win/win for both sides get squashed because it means the Dems will win also

This is the primary reason Republicans will never accomplish anything

The irony impaired far left drones and their comments!

Forum List

Back