🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is Obama's end game?

It's hard to lead when all you do is find reason for failure....Or by being a negative Nelly...

Good point. The Republicans spend ALL their time telling everyone how god damn awful government is. And how it is incompetent and wasteful and all that shit.

Then they want to be elected to this awful government.

And the American people have to look at this party and say why would we elect you Republicans when you believe the government is corrupt, therefore you Republicans must be corrupt as well because when you do get elected, the corruption becomes rampant. Thereby proving their own point. When Repub are in power, corruption reigns and government is wasteful and Repubs are definitely incompetent.

And they think that their corruption is leadership. That ain't leading.
<><><><><><><>
my sides corruption is much better than your sides corruption.

:lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :up:

I think Obama is counting on Congress remaining gridlocked

In the absence of a functioning Congress, Obama is the only game in town and he will continue with executive orders that slap Congress in the face and dare them to do something

In the mean time he will force Republicans into situations where they have to side with the one percent over working Americans

He is laying the groundwork for Democrats for 2016

There is no end game, the idiot is still throwing a tantrum after getting bitch slapped by voters in Nov. This is his version of "how dare they". lol

In the absence of a functioning Congress, Obama is the only game in town and he will continue with executive orders that slap Congress in the face and dare them to do something

In the mean time he will force Republicans into situations where they have to side with the one percent over working Americans

. Heaven forbid putting the interest of the country ahead of the fucking democrat party.

. I accidently deleted fa q2 statement
While FoxNews is the most watched cable news network their audience pales in comparison to the ultra liberal lying network channels nbc cbs and abc.
That is rather irrelevant though. There is no monolithic media covering for the president. Fox brings the other side so viewers have options and opinions that range all over the map.

IOW, the dems supposed control of the media machine making them better and controlling the dialogue is not really true. The republicans are simply bad at it and they NEED to address that reality.

I doubt that. Congress will be anything but gridlocked unless the dems over play the filibuster. I don't see that happening right after condemning the republicans for doing so. Even then I would not be surprised if the republicans simply do away with it altogether. I doubt Obama would be 'counting' on something that is not likely to happen.

Just like the previous 6 years, he's done what is best for the nation--the right way--and the hard work is beginning to bear fruit. We're at peace, the economy is getting better, consumer confidence is back, the air is cleaner, the stock market (despite the increased regulation--so much for the lie that you can't have both good corporate citizenry and good corporate profits) is up, unemployment is down, and there is a renewed sense of optimism as someone up there finally suggested doing something that will serve as a true spark; increase the education of the children.

In other words, the crisis atmosphere that the GOP relishes has faded. It's time for another debt ceiling show-down; right folks?

Just like the previous 6 years, he's done what is best for the nation--the right way--and the hard work is beginning to bear fruit. We're at peace, the economy is getting better, consumer confidence is back, the air is cleaner, the stock market (despite the increased regulation--so much for the lie that you can't have both good corporate citizenry and good corporate profits) is up, unemployment is down, and there is a renewed sense of optimism as someone up there finally suggested doing something that will serve as a true spark; increase the education of the children.

In other words, the crisis atmosphere that the GOP relishes has faded. It's time for another debt ceiling show-down; right folks?
Aside from the standard partisan talking points, here's my question: The only tangible moves he'll be able to make for the next couple of years will be executive orders, but he's obviously not going to back down. Does this mean to you that he's planning on keeping the ball in the air long enough for Democrat candidates to run with it in 2016? Is that the thrust of this strategy?

Aside from the standard partisan talking points, here's my question: The only tangible moves he'll be able to make for the next couple of years will be executive orders, but he's obviously not going to back down. Does this mean to you that he's planning on keeping the ball in the air long enough for Democrat candidates to run with it in 2016? Is that the thrust of this strategy?

I reject your premise.

I doubt Obama cares much about doing much to assist the 2016 candidates. Especially since the 2014 slate ran away from him and his accomplishments. For Example, the tax break would be great to run on but by suggesting it in 2015, you take it off the list for the 2016 campaign. Admittedly, it does this for candidates of both parties but it doesn't especially help the Dems or hurts the Repubs.

Obumble's end-game?

Repealing the 22nd Amendment to the US Constitution?
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
No chance of that now. Republicans hold Congress.

Likely true. If they can drag the 'party of no' meme to 2016 he will lock the presidential ticket for the dems (and likely gain in the senate as well). Having only the house in republican hands in 2016 would be a disaster for the GOP as the dems could continue the same tactics they have been using.

His use of exec orders is already established as well. He will try and run things through them.

My guess (and I'm lousy at this) is that he'll spend the rest of his term making EO moves and pursuing the populist strategy, which looks like it's gaining momentum. The calculus would be that the GOP would provide a valuable assist if it remains as ideologically rigid as it has been. So he'll hope that the RINO candidates fall by the wayside during the primaries, and he'll keep doing what he does best, campaigning.

It's pretty clear that his state-run media will be painting an extremely rosy picture of the economy, and talking about how much he's accomplished. Last year was a terrible year for him. The fact that he can say the crap he was saying last night with a straight face is unbelievable. He made all of the things he's done wrong seem like they didn't even happen.

The hypocrisy on display was unbelievable. He talked about higher wages,:ack-1: but he's personally frozen pay in the Department of Defense for 6 years and only this year allowed a miniscule COLA.:oops-28: In the past we could count on annual pay increase of maybe 1% to at least help cope with inflation, but Obama hasn't allowed even that. He's been stiffing the military and the civilians that support them since the day he walked into the Oval Office. How dare he talk about wages!!!:hmpf:

It's pretty clear that his state-run media will be painting an extremely rosy picture of the economy, and talking about how much he's accomplished. Last year was a terrible year for him. The fact that he can say the crap he was saying last night with a straight face is unbelievable. He made all of the things he's done wrong seem like they didn't even happen.

The hypocrisy on display was unbelievable. He talked about higher wages,:ack-1: but he's personally frozen pay in the Department of Defense for 6 years and only this year allowed a miniscule COLA.:oops-28: In the past we could count on annual pay increase of maybe 1% to at least help cope with inflation, but Obama hasn't allowed even that. He's been stiffing the military and the civilians that support them since the day he walked into the Oval Office. How dare he talk about wages!!!:hmpf:

Hold on a sec. You work for the federal government?

It's pretty clear that his state-run media will be painting an extremely rosy picture of the economy,

Lets see, what is it that YOUR favorite media (FOX) paints as a picture.
Obama's the devil incarnate and a mUslim intent on taking over the entire country as his caliphate. The end.
Yea that's fair and balanced if I ever heard fair and balanced.

Obama is pretty obvious with his end game

Start making proposals that help the middle class. Let Republicans keep killing them as they stand up to protect wealthy Americans

Lay the groundwork for 2016 by making it clear Republicans won't lift a finger for working Americans

Forum List

Back