🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is Obama's end game?

I think Obama is counting on Congress remaining gridlocked

In the absence of a functioning Congress, Obama is the only game in town and he will continue with executive orders that slap Congress in the face and dare them to do something

In the mean time he will force Republicans into situations where they have to side with the one percent over working Americans

He is laying the groundwork for Democrats for 2016
I doubt that. Congress will be anything but gridlocked unless the dems over play the filibuster. I don't see that happening right after condemning the republicans for doing so. Even then I would not be surprised if the republicans simply do away with it altogether. I doubt Obama would be 'counting' on something that is not likely to happen.

You really think you will get any partisan legislation through the Senate? Can Republicans go up and say.....remember that bill of yours that I stood up for?

Obama is the only game in town. He is perfectly willing to pass executive orders while the Do Nothing Congress fumes
Am "I" going to get partisan legislation through the senate? I am not going to get anything through the senate as I am not in the senate....

They certainly are going to get that legislation though - that is a fact. There certainly are going to be those bills that the dems will freeze such as attempts to derail Obamacare but the republicans are running the show now and will be able to get a lot of republican bills through.

Funny how you are all fine and dandy with a do nothing congress now that it is no longer a democrat one. What happened to all the ire over the last 'do nothing' congress? There is also the fact that the dems are going to have to get the do nothing label on congress even if congress is passing bills and the president is vetoing them. In that instance it really is a do nothing presidency.

Republicans will receive the same level of Senatorial courtesy as they have given over the last eight years

Yes thank goodness that the far left Harry Reid left the nuclear option in place..

I hope Republicans expand it from just for appointments to all legislation

Lets end filibuster once and for all

I doubt that. Congress will be anything but gridlocked unless the dems over play the filibuster. I don't see that happening right after condemning the republicans for doing so. Even then I would not be surprised if the republicans simply do away with it altogether. I doubt Obama would be 'counting' on something that is not likely to happen.

You really think you will get any partisan legislation through the Senate? Can Republicans go up and say.....remember that bill of yours that I stood up for?

Obama is the only game in town. He is perfectly willing to pass executive orders while the Do Nothing Congress fumes
Am "I" going to get partisan legislation through the senate? I am not going to get anything through the senate as I am not in the senate....

They certainly are going to get that legislation though - that is a fact. There certainly are going to be those bills that the dems will freeze such as attempts to derail Obamacare but the republicans are running the show now and will be able to get a lot of republican bills through.

Funny how you are all fine and dandy with a do nothing congress now that it is no longer a democrat one. What happened to all the ire over the last 'do nothing' congress? There is also the fact that the dems are going to have to get the do nothing label on congress even if congress is passing bills and the president is vetoing them. In that instance it really is a do nothing presidency.

Republicans will receive the same level of Senatorial courtesy as they have given over the last eight years

Yes thank goodness that the far left Harry Reid left the nuclear option in place..

the ghost of Robert KKK Byrd is not happy with you right now.

Typical far left! Hates anything resembling democracy!

The left like the government to move ahead, no matter what direction that takes. In that, the filibuster represents nothing more than the halting of progress.

Of course, there are the rest of us that recognize how vital it is for the minority to have actual influence over the process. The most dysfunctional government that we seem to get is one that is unified. They sure do a whole lot of things just 90 percent of it is bad.

The left like the government to move ahead, no matter what direction that takes. In that, the filibuster represents nothing more than the halting of progress.

Of course, there are the rest of us that recognize how vital it is for the minority to have actual influence over the process. The most dysfunctional government that we seem to get is one that is unified. They sure do a whole lot of things just 90 percent of it is bad.
Unless the minority chooses to totally block government

If we don't get to call the shots.......nobody can

Which has never actually happened. The government never ceases to actually do its job. Sometimes it goes through a 'shutdown' where the majority of government simply humms along. The term shutdown is a joke.

Which has never actually happened. The government never ceases to actually do its job. Sometimes it goes through a 'shutdown' where the majority of government simply humms along. The term shutdown is a joke.
I support the government. It was shut down
Workers were told to stay home, work was not done

I support the government. It was shut down
Workers were told to stay home, work was not done
So do I and I was there during the 'shutdown.' The vast majority of the government continued on without a hindrance. It did not 'shut down' and, as you are not the entire government, the fact you were one of the few that did not go to work for some time is irrelevant.

If he gave two fucks about this country, he'd use his executive powers for useful stuff.

Double all funding for infrastructure, science, r&d and promise to send a man to the moon by the 2016 election. ;)

Use his executive powers to cut taxes on the middle class and close the loopholes for the rich!

But of course, he won't. He does stupid shit instead.

Yer dumb.

I thought he was elected to destroy America and kill off whitey???

He was elected because he lied to his base and told them he would end the wars Bush started.... Instead he expanded them. Because he told people he would go line by line of the budget to get the deficit down but instead leads on deficit spending Presidents. Because he said he would get rid of the revolving door and cut corruption and instead moved it across the street to this great new coffee shop. Because he said he was a uniter and instead became one of the biggest dividers in US history. Because he said he and then did the polar opposite over and over and over and over.... But he has mindless fucktards like you defending him at every step because you hate Republicans more. That's all it took for you to support all the worst aspects of what you claim to hate Republicans for, a D next to their name.

I thought he was elected to destroy America and kill off whitey???

He was elected because he lied to his base and told them he would end the wars Bush started.... Instead he expanded them. Because he told people he would go line by line of the budget to get the deficit down but instead leads on deficit spending Presidents. Because he said he would get rid of the revolving door and cut corruption and instead moved it across the street to this great new coffee shop. Because he said he was a uniter and instead became one of the biggest dividers in US history. Because he said he and then did the polar opposite over and over and over and over.... But he has mindless fucktards like you defending him at every step because you hate Republicans more. That's all it took for you to support all the worst aspects of what you claim to hate Republicans for, a D next to their name.
So he is destroying America and killing off whitey?

It looks pretty clear that Obama has chosen not to put a high priority on working with the GOP going forward (given the "relationship" between he and the GOP so far, that's not exactly a shock), and I'm wondering what his strategy is. I'm seeing three possibilities:
  • First, he wants to frame the conversation for the 2016 elections as the populists vs. the corporatists
  • Second, he wants to use executive actions to get as much of his agenda accomplished as possible
  • Third, he wants to blend the above, framing the 2016 conversation via his executive actions
  • Or, of course, some combination therein
Since he has the standard politician-sized ego, my guess this is more about himself and his legacy than anything else. Or is it larger issue, is he just trying now to play a role in a true turning point for the country?

The populist argument is gaining traction, maybe he senses it's time to go for the brass ring.

He told you what his end game is, to make this country into something it never was and was never intended to be, isn't that what fundamental transformation is?

Forum List

Back