What is "Social Justice"?

The more relevant and interesting question is why do some feel the need to couch their bias and bigotry in vague questions whose only purpose is dog whistles for the dogs who hear the whistle.
It's a very real question.
It would seem that "social justice" means "all things good" to those who think it's important. By extension if you oppose those groups you are opposed to social justice and ergo must be bad.
People opposed to Social Justice are bad little bunny. The idea is to know that life in unfair, and then try to be a decent moral person and do what you can about that instead of saying nah, that might be difficult or even cause me problems.

Lots of orgs, from the ACLU to the SEIU to the KKK have "social justice" as part of their mission. But what is "social justice"?
Okay, I'll take a stab at it. I'll bite. (1) equal opportunity. (2) equal justice. (3) equal taxation. (4) equal representation. (5) equal rights. (6) equal freedom. (7) shared responsibility. (8) the absence of social prejudice. (9) the absence of class warfare. (10) elevating the poor and homeless.
Nope. Try again.
Actually, that's a good list.

Lots of orgs, from the ACLU to the SEIU to the KKK have "social justice" as part of their mission. But what is "social justice"?
Okay, I'll take a stab at it. I'll bite. (1) equal opportunity. (2) equal justice. (3) equal taxation. (4) equal representation. (5) equal rights. (6) equal freedom. (7) shared responsibility. (8) the absence of social prejudice. (9) the absence of class warfare. (10) elevating the poor and homeless.
Nope. Try again.
Its a laundry list of ideals, some of which are listed for the purpose of grievances.

Social Justice has only one purpose and definition.

The more relevant and interesting question is why do some feel the need to couch their bias and bigotry in vague questions whose only purpose is dog whistles for the dogs who hear the whistle.
It would seem that "social justice" means "all things good" to those who think it's important. By extension if you oppose those groups you are opposed to social justice and ergo must be bad.
People opposed to Social Justice are bad little bunny. The idea is to know that life in unfair, and then try to be a decent moral person and do what you can about that instead of saying nah, that might be difficult or even cause me problems.
Well you're demonstratig part of my thesis, that people in favor of social justice view it as all good things so opposition must be from bad people.
Since conservatives are generally the ones actually doing stuff to help people, it would seem they believe in social justice, although they clearly dont.
Libs just want to raise taxes on other people and give the gov't more money and control.

No, but nice try.

And we don't have all those, ALREADY?

nice try
No. We don't have all of them, already.

examples, except for shared responsibility. We know we don't have that
Pleeeease. Are you serious? Please tell me that you're not serious. Do we have equal justice? No, of course not. Do we have equal taxation? No, of course not. And, you honestly believe that we are absent of social prejudice? Pleeeeeeeeeease.

Define "equal taxation" and then I'll let you know if we have it. Of course, what "equal taxation" really means is no taxation for some and organized plunder for others.
You tell me how we have equal taxation. Does everyone qualify for tax breaks, tax loopholes, and is everyone exempt from paying taxes?

Don't ask me. I am opposed to taxation of any kind. You used the term. You tell us how you define it.

I was about 99% sure that the words "social justice" did not appear in the KKK mission statement, so i checked:

Home Page

Yeah... just the same stuff one can hear on Fox News...

And we don't have all those, ALREADY?

nice try

Pleeeease. Are you serious? Please tell me that you're not serious. Do we have equal justice? No, of course not. Do we have equal taxation? No, of course not. And, you honestly believe that we are absent of social prejudice? Pleeeeeeeeeease.
What would "equal justice" look like? I mean, given the fact tha each case is unique you dont think every case ought to get the death penalty, right? Or every case should result in a fine of 5 dollars. That would be equal justice, and it would be stupd as hell.
Similarly what is equal taxation?
Likewise, your questions are stupid as hell.

Nope. Try again.
Try what again?

Nope. Try again.
Its a laundry list of ideals, some of which are listed for the purpose of grievances.

Social Justice has only one purpose and definition.
You're entitled to your opinion, and I respect your right to express it. But, I totally disagree. I stand by what I have said.

Define "equal taxation" and then I'll let you know if we have it. Of course, what "equal taxation" really means is no taxation for some and organized plunder for others.
You tell me how we have equal taxation. Does everyone qualify for tax breaks, tax loopholes, and is everyone exempt from paying taxes?

Don't ask me. I am opposed to taxation of any kind. You used the term. You tell us how you define it.
You define it by everyone following the same rules, laws, and codes, period. No exceptions.

Nope. Try again.
Try what again?
Wow, really? And you even quoted it.

You define it by everyone following the same rules, laws, and codes, period. No exceptions.
No.

Social Justice is equality of outcome.

Period.

Nope. Try again.
Try what again?
Wow, really? And you even quoted it.
Yes, really, seriously. Problem?

No.

Period.
I see. Well, we are sure not in agreement on this. And, the difference is?

And where exactly did you get that nonsense from, your butt?
From you leftists and of course, a number of sociology courses.

There is no social justice unless everyone has the same thing in life regardless of where they started.

And the left is willing and ready to spend us into bankruptcy to achieve it.

Now, excuse Me for a while as I have to go rent an American Legion Hall for a funeral for My wifes brother-in-law.

Forum List

Back