🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is "stage 4 pancreatic cancer?"

What is "stage 4 pancreatic cancer?"

I'll take 'what is a death sentence' for $1,000 Alex

Alex Trebek host of Jeopardy, announced today that he is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. It has a less than 5% survival rate in 3 years.

‘Jeopardy!’ host Alex Trebek says he’s been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer

Pray for him. One of the last game show hosts who is respectful and polite and very classy.

Stage 4 is the last stage of cancer. It has moved to vital organs. In this case probably the liver. Pancreas cancer usually goes to the liver. Once it's in vital organs there's not much they can do beyond an organ transplant.

My dad had Pancras and liver cancer. He died from it in 2001.

It's usually an automatic death sentence.

I'll include him and his family in my prayers.

Alex Trebek host of Jeopardy, announced today that he is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. It has a less than 5% survival rate in 3 years.

‘Jeopardy!’ host Alex Trebek says he’s been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer

Pray for him. One of the last game show hosts who is respectful and polite and very classy.
That's what killed Patrick Swayze I'm afraid, but they may have newer cures since then. And he was only 57 ....( Yikes ! I'm 57 now ):eusa_pray:
Patrick Swayze - Wikipedia

A death sentence

My father died from pancreatic cancer

They gave him 3 months,
he died 42 days later

Very aggressive cancer

That’s what Patrick Swayze died from
Having money helped him live longer

Sorry to hear that. A Stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis usually means the patient is given a referral to a good mortician.

Pancreatic cancer is such a killer because it doesn't cause noticeable symptoms until a late stage after it has already spread.

That is true, but its also true that your pancreas is tucked behind your stomach and small intestines. Makes it very difficult for surgeons to reach. Back in the 1980's, this old lady that was my boss had pancreatitis that had to be operated on, and the operation itself almost killed her. She recovered and came back to work in 3 months. But to get to the pancreas they have to really do some slicing and/or dicing.

A death sentence

My father died from pancreatic cancer

They gave him 3 months,
he died 42 days later

Very aggressive cancer

That’s what Patrick Swayze died from
Having money helped him live longer
Swayze, Steve Jobs, Mike Landon . 50 s0me year old very active dudes. None made a year( I dint think----maybe Steve)
These assholes want to go to the moon and mars. I hope this whole thing bursts int a starstate and the only things that survive are geckos and whatever the little dudes eat

So I still have a question. Now that he is in a fight for his life will he choose Canada for his medical care? Or America?

I wonder if he will get his medical care in Canada?
Fine CRC comment.
It was a question stupid! Not a comment.
Fine CRC question then.

So I still have a question. Now that he is in a fight for his life will he choose Canada for his medical care? Or America?

Mr. Trebek is probably pretty well heeled, he's been on TV for decades earning good money and doesn't look like he spends it like a rap star or a boxer.

My guess is that he'll be treated in America , the hope of the world's most tremendous medical care

Mr. Trebek is probably pretty well heeled, he's been on TV for decades earning good money and doesn't look like he spends it like a rap star or a boxer.

My guess is that he'll be treated in America , the hope of the world's most tremendous medical care
I don’t know why! We’ve been told Canadian healthcare is superior to ours! Based on that surely he will return to his home country!

Forum List

Back