Zone1 What Is The Line Between Blasphemy and Humor?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
As I believe that God has a sense of humor and I was made in His image so I do too, but where does the line go between simply just joking about Him and being blasphemous because sometimes it's hard to tell and I definitely don't want to be blasphemous, I just want to be funny and make people laugh.

Getting all butt-hurt about people making blasphemous jokes makes you like the Muslims who lose their shit over showing pictures of the prophet Muhammad. Don’t be like the Muslims.

Getting all butt-hurt about people making blasphemous jokes makes you like the Muslims who lose their shit over showing pictures of the prophet Muhammad. Don’t be like the Muslims.

You completely missed the point of my OP. :rolleyes:

As I believe that God has a sense of humor and I was made in His image so I do too, but where does the line go between simply just joking about Him and being blasphemous because sometimes it's hard to tell and I definitely don't want to be blasphemous, I just want to be funny and make people laugh.
I too believe God has a sense of humor and I like to think He enjoys a good joke as much as anybody. I've always thought Jesus must have been a pretty upbeat guy as he couldn't have attracted and gained the attention and respect of so many people if he was a gloomy downer sort.

As for when humor crosses the line into blasphemy, I don't know there is a specific line drawn but I also suspect we Christians know when it has been crossed. It is that fine line we all know between harmless humor and disrespect when it comes to dealings with anybody.

No, it’s fine to make “blasphemous” jokes. If you get upset over the idea of offending God through being blasphemous than you are basically like a Muslim

That's not the point. It's not about "offending God" it's about being respectful which clearly you are not. I know God is big enough to handle Himself, but He's my Father and best friend and I don't want to talk smack about Him. I want to laugh with Him not at Him.

This IS the line...don't cross it.

I would still put this in the humor category...but it's VERY CLOSE to crossing the line.

Aliens1.jpg

This IS the line...don't cross it.

I would still put this in the humor category...but it's VERY CLOSE to crossing the line.

View attachment 714705

So far all I've joked about with Jesus is Him eating S'mores and Honeycomb cereal LOL I think I'm good as I would NEVER go THAT far.

Thats where you get into personal opinion and other peoples sense of humor.

MY sense of humor is not YOUR sense of humor, nor is it anyone elses. It's all mine, and mine alone.
SOME people may find many of the things I find funny, funny as well, but that doesn't pertain to EVERYTHING I find funny.

For me, personally, I define it as............are they being MEAN/CONDESCENDING/BELITTLING on PURPOSE? Or is this just their sense of humor?

If you don't know the other persons sense of humor, then it's not going to be easy for you to discern what they have said as funny or as serious.

It's all akin to "one mans trash is another mans treasure" and "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

You can always ask them............"was that a slam, or was that meant to be funny"?

Forum List

Back