What is the purpose of government.

Choose as many as you like:

• Total voters
If I left anything out, let me know - I'll add it (if it's reasonable).

What is the purpose of government.
You Leftycrats ...

Swing and a miss.

Is this your “I swear I’m not a Leftist” post?
Do we have ourselves another Leftist just smart enough to know they should be embarrassed and ashamed of their positions?
“I swear I’m not a LefTard...I look like one, I speak like one, I post like one, and I always take the position of one but I swear I’m not a LefTard...my typing fingers are.”

If I left anything out, let me know - I'll add it (if it's reasonable).

Well, you left the actual role of government out.

Which is to protect liberty.

That's crazy talk. The purpose of government is what ever "We the People" decide it is!

Liberty is a pretty broad term that encompasses all sorts of abhorrent behavior. Who decides the limits?

A given person's liberty is limited to acts that don't violate the liberty of others. Courts make that judgment, guided by the law.

Yes, none of the above.

The eventual purpose of Government is to sustain itself and GROW.

Courts make that judgment, guided by the law.

Okay. Well all ya gotta do is find judicial review for us in Article III and we're all set, then.

And saying that courts have that power because courts gave themselves that power won't work.

So, yeah. Judicial review. Article III. Where is it? We'll wait. Thanks!

Courts make that judgment, guided by the law.

Okay. Well all ya gotta do is find judicial review for us in Article III and we're all set, then.

And saying that courts have that power because courts gave themselves that power won't work.

So, yeah. Judicial review. Article III. Where is it? We'll wait. Thanks!

I wasn't actually referring to judicial review. Just that laws and courts are how we manage conflicting liberty.

Forum List

Back