What is the real reason that our Government is making gun laws stricter and stricter?

ThatDude30

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
The Government already made the gun laws more strict. How much more strict can they get until they start to interfere with our constitutional rights. I mean it is the 2nd Amendment, obviously at the time the Amendments of The United States Constitution were first developed, the right to keep and bear arms must of been a pretty important belief to the Government officials responsible in creating them.

The 2nd Amendment declares;
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Shall not be infringed means that the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution gives all citizens of the United States the irrevocable right to obtain, keep and bear arms, and this right shall NOT be infringed upon by ANYBODY. It means United States citizens have a God given right to keep and bear arms/guns.

Infringe- actively break terms of a law or agreement.

So what is the real reason behind the Government wanting to make stricter gun laws? I hope they know that its not going to stop the violence. If someone wants a gun they can get one off the streets cheaper than a gun store. Strict gun laws aren't preventing criminals or potential criminals from obtaining any firearm. All its doing is preventing innocent citizens from protecting themselves from criminals.

Also restricting places that you can carry a gun on your person isn't doing anything. The law abiding citizen will follow it when the criminal will still carry it.

All its really doing is making innocent citizens more vulnerable to be a victim or target for a criminal.
If gun laws get to strict to the point no one can carry a gun anywhere, strict where you can not purchase a gun, or a longer wait or process, or stricter requirements to legally own a firearm, its just preventing a law abiding citizen to be able to protect their life in a violent situation. It would be like opening season for fishing. Streams are fully stocked with innocent fish with no way to protect themselves from being caught by a fishermen. Criminals will know that there will be less innocent law abiding citizens that have protection on their person, so they will be an easier victim to a crime.

To me, stricter gun laws wont prevent crime it will increase crime.

The Government already made the gun laws more strict. How much more strict can they get until they start to interfere with our constitutional rights. I mean it is the 2nd Amendment, obviously at the time the Amendments of The United States Constitution were first developed, the right to keep and bear arms must of been a pretty important belief to the Government officials responsible in creating them.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Shall not be infringed means that the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution gives all citizens of the United States the irrevocable right to obtain, keep and bear arms, and this right shall NOT be infringed upon by ANYBODY. It means United States citizens have a God given right to keep and bear arms/guns.

So what is the real reason behind the Government wanting to make stricter gun laws? I hope they know that its not going to stop the violence. If someone wants a gun they can get one off the streets cheaper than a gun store. Strict gun laws aren't preventing criminals or potential criminals from obtaining any firearm. All its doing is preventing innocent citizens from protecting themselves from criminals.

Also restricting places that you can carry a gun on your person isn't doing anything. The law abiding citizen will follow it when the criminal will still carry it.

All its really doing is making innocent citizens more vulnerable to be a victim or target for a criminal.
If gun laws get to strict to the point no one can carry a gun anywhere, strict where you can not purchase a gun, or a longer wait or process, or stricter requirements to legally own a firearm, its just preventing a law abiding citizen to be able to protect their life in a violent situation. It would be like opening season for fishing. Streams are fully stocked with innocent fish with no way to protect themselves from being caught by a fishermen. Criminals will know that there will be less innocent law abiding citizens that have protection on their person, so they will be an easier victim to a crime.

Help me out here. I guess there might be some local gun law changes around the country, but what laws have been made stricter in the last decade or so? The last one I know of is when they made it illegal to sue gun manufacturers.

Actually the 2nd Amendment gives All citizens of the U.S. the irrevocable(not able to be changed, reversed, or recovered; final) right to obtain, keep and bear arms, and NOBODY can hinder, obstruct, impede, thwart, violate, or prevent ones 2nd Amendment. It means United States citizens have a God given right to keep and bear arms.

So honestly, according to the 2nd Amendment can the Government really prevent and/or deny or take the 2nd Amendment right away from convicts? No where does it say anything about loosing that right? It says that EVERYONE has that right and NOBODY can say otherwise.

Actually the 2nd Amendment gives All citizens of the U.S. the irrevocable(not able to be changed, reversed, or recovered; final) right to obtain, keep and bear arms, and NOBODY can hinder, obstruct, impede, thwart, violate, or prevent ones 2nd Amendment. It means United States citizens have a God given right to keep and bear arms.

So honestly, according to the 2nd Amendment can the Government really prevent and/or deny or take the 2nd Amendment right away from convicts? No where does it say anything about loosing that right? It says that EVERYONE has that right and NOBODY can say otherwise.

We can discuss that if you want to, but you claimed the government made the laws more strict. Convicts not being allowed to have guns is a very old law. Please show how the laws have become stricter in the last couple of decades. If anything they have become less strict.

Instead of making gun laws stricter, make the punishments/ consequences of gun related crime more severe.
Never will stop gun violence. Never will keep guns out the hands of criminals. Only making innocent law abiding citizens easier prey for criminals.

What do you think, stricter gun laws or more severe punishments/ consequences for gun related crime?

What's wrong? You get one question and then weasel out to start another thread? I thought you might be more than the average coward RWNJ. I guess not.

Do you think the government has already made our gun laws stricter?

What's wrong? You get one question and then weasel out to start another thread? I thought you might be more than the average coward RWNJ. I guess not.
He just proves the point that the average IQ for a gun nut is 70.

"As part of a well regulated militia".

the left won't be happy until they can tell you that you still have a plastic spork.

The powerful, political left in the U.S. have seized the gun control issue in order to get and retain a voting block. Just like they did with abortion and feminism and race. They are a party of minority victims. As long as they can convince people that they are 'victims' of some unseen rich, Conservative Leviathan-like entity, they can sow the seeds of division and hate and use fake, emotional pleas in order to mobilize a voting demographic. All the while THEY have bodyguards with......GUNS.

The powerful, political left in the U.S. have seized the gun control issue in order to get and retain a voting block. Just like they did with abortion and feminism and race. They are a party of minority victims. As long as they can convince people that they are 'victims' of some unseen rich, Conservative Leviathan-like entity, they can sow the seeds of division and hate and use fake, emotional pleas in order to mobilize a voting demographic. All the while THEY have bodyguards with......GUNS.

You are close. Democrats could care less about guns, what they are really upset about is us being able to protect ourselves with guns.

If they disarmed the public, that would make all of us a victim because as we all know (including Democrats) you'll never disarm the criminal.

So what happens when law abiding citizens can't protect themselves from armed criminals? We become victims, and Democrats love victims. Victims are one of their largest voting bases. So how would they be able to fight Big Crime? The same why they fought Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Corporations, and that is with Big Government.

We can discuss that if you want to, but you claimed the government made the laws more strict. Convicts not being allowed to have guns is a very old law. Please show how the laws have become stricter in the last couple of decades. If anything they have become less strict.

That all depends on what state (or city) you're talking about.

Help me out here. I guess there might be some local gun law changes around the country, but what laws have been made stricter in the last decade or so? The last one I know of is when they made it illegal to sue gun manufacturers.

Liberal lie as usual. Gun manufacturers and even sellers are still liable if they are complicit in arming somebody that had intent of carrying out a crime. The law simply stated you can't sue manufacturers or sellers because somebody did commit a crime with a gun. Really no different than not being able sue Ford because somebody bought one of their trucks to run people over with.

What are you talking about? Weasel out? Coward? RWNJ? Do you even know what coward means? A person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things. For someone(you) to consider USMB to be a dangerous or unpleasant place, I mean you must since you are calling me a coward saying I'm a weasel that lacks courage because I started another thread because of one question I supposedly got? Whatever dude.

Forum List

Back