What is the Republican explanation as to why gas prices are so high even though their profit margins are so high?

Yep no sources. Just whining.
You got a perfectly good source in Post # 38 showing that oil company profits are not what you say.
You're just spouting left wing OMISSION media propaganda, and you fall for it. In March 2022, Exxon profits had risen to $72 Billion, for that quarter. Under Obama, their profits were much higher, every quarter from 2009 to 2014, and rose to $112 Billon in 3rd quarter of 2011.

Exxon Gross Profit 2010-2022 | XOM | MacroTrends

You got a perfectly good source in Post # 38 showing that oil company profits are not what you say.
You're just spouting left wing OMISSION media propaganda, and you fall for it. In March 2022, Exxon profits had risen to $72 Billion, for that quarter. Under Obama, their profits were much higher, every quarter from 2009 to 2014, and rose to $112 Billon in 3rd quarter of 2011.

Exxon Gross Profit 2010-2022 | XOM | MacroTrends
Hey moron, here is the actual data from my source.

“Several of the world's largest oil companies reported first-quarter earnings in recent weeks, giving investors new detail as to how sky-high gas prices are bolstering firms' bottom lines. Performance, in a word, was stellar. ExxonMobil reported a net profit of $5.5 billion, more than doubling its earnings from the year-ago period. Shell notched its strongest quarterly profit ever, and Chevron posted its best earnings quarter in nearly a decade.”

That information speaks for itself.

You can cry like a bitch and call this source bullshit but you can easily look at the sources linked in the article. You do that and tell me what makes those sources bullshit.

God you’re all so fucking stupid. You lose the intellectual argument so you desperately google shit and post it but the non sense you provide has no context to how profits are NOW and what they were previously.

“Several of the world's largest oil companies reported first-quarter earnings in recent weeks, giving investors new detail as to how sky-high gas prices are bolstering firms' bottom lines. Performance, in a word, was stellar. ExxonMobil reported a net profit of $5.5 billion, more than doubling its earnings from the year-ago period. Shell notched its strongest quarterly profit ever, and Chevron posted its best earnings quarter in nearly a decade.”

You can cry like a bitch and call this source bullshit but you can easily look at the sources linked in the article. You do that and tell me what makes those sources bullshit.

God you’re all so fucking stupid. You lose the intellectual argument so you desperately google shit and post it but the non sense you provide has no context to how profits are NOW and what they were previously.
Here you go, trollboy. Learn how oil is bought and sold on the world market and then come back and apologize for how stupid you've been and show us how embarrassed you are at being taken in by anti-capitalist propaganda.

Here you go, trollboy. Learn how oil is bought and sold on the world market and then come back and apologize for how stupid you've been and show us how embarrassed you are at being taken in by anti-capitalist propaganda.

Lol what kind of dumb erroneous point are you even trying to make with this?

Lol what kind of dumb erroneous point are you even trying to make with this?

Oh, you're too stupid to understand how oil is bought and sold and therefore how profit is made? Honestly, I thought so. LMAO@you.

Enjoy being ignored because, like all trolls, you aren't posting anything worthy of being read.

FOOL> those claims don't give you the ability to say that oil companies profits are "sky high". Actually, they are considerably LOWER than they were for 5 years when Obama was in office.

"Higher than in a decade" ? WRONG, dumbass. You have been shown twice in this thread (first by Polishprince, and then by me) with linked proof, that NO, their latest profits are NOT HIGHER THAN IN A DECADE. In 2016 (6 years ago), Exxon profits were $83.48 B. The latest quarter of 2022, they were 72.69 B.

When you come bursting in here, spouting off MISinformation, all you do is make a grade A FOOL out of yourself. Sad. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
FOOL> those claims don't give you the ability to say that oil companies profits are "sky high". Actually, they are considerably LOWER than they were for 5 years when Obama was in office.

"Higher than in a decade" ? WRONG, dumbass. You have been shown twice in this thread (first by Polishprince, and then by me) with linked proof, that NO, their latest profits are NOT HIGHER THAN IN A DECADE. In 2016 (6 years ago), Exxon profits were $83.48 B. The latest quarter of 2022, they were 72.69 B.

When you come bursting in here, spouting off MISinformation, all you do is make a grade A FOOL out of yourself. Sad. :rolleyes:
Hey moron all you are doing is citing one company for a specific context. My source proved that overall profits are very high yet prices are high. That is the entire premise of my thread idiot. For one of those companies, they had the highest new quarterly profits EVER. Are you done yet? Seriously shut up lol

Dems OWN the sky high gas and food prices and out of control inflation and the coming recession. Let's hope the American people learn their lesson and never vote for another Dem politician.

For instance, what makes it Biden’s fault they are high if that is the case? What did Biden do to make them high? Keep in mind these prices are high in other countries.

Oil company profit margins haven't changed in decades.

Hey moron all you are doing is citing one company for a specific context. My source proved that overall profits are very high yet prices are high. That is the entire premise of my thread idiot. For one of those companies, they had the highest new quarterly profits EVER. Are you done yet? Seriously shut up lol
How are they price gouging if their PROFIT MARGIN hasn’t gone up? Still around 6%.

You clearly have no clue what profit margin is.

For instance, what makes it Biden’s fault they are high if that is the case? What did Biden do to make them high? Keep in mind these prices are high in other countries.

What percentage of profit from a gallon of gas did the oil companies make when it was $2.00 a gallon, and what percentage of profit from a gallon are they making now?

Well they think Nancy Pelosi is in the chain of command at the national guard and for the capital police . So why would they not think the president sets gas prices. Facts don't seem to matter much to repugs today..
Not at all, if she was concerned she could have asked the DC Mayor for them. Why do you ignore that? just curious.

Libs tell us not to believe our lying eyes and ears

To hear libs tell it old joe dont know bout nuthin when it comes to sky high gasoline prices
demofks will correct you if you said you were attacked by 100 wasps, they'd say, no you weren't, it was only 99 of them. They have no common sense.

Well as you can clearly see, profits for all these companies have increased even if the margins haven’t changed. By bigger profits, I’m saying they have gotten more of it relative to the past. The margin itself does not have to widen for this to be true. I’m glad
I can explain this basic logic to you.

Well as you can clearly see, profits for all these companies have gone up even if the margins haven’t changed. By bigger profits,
I’m saying they have gotten more of it relative to the past. The margin itself does not have to widen for this to be true. I’m glad
I can explain this basic logic to you.
How

I’m sorry too retarded to understand what I said but I clearly laid it out to you. A margin does not have to widen for more profits to come in you idiot. My god I’m sure I could explain this to a 6 year old they would understand it lol

Forum List

Back