What is the Republican explanation as to why gas prices are so high even though their profit margins are so high?

For instance, what makes it Biden’s fault they are high if that is the case? What did Biden do to make them high? Keep in mind these prices are high in other countries.

Can't see data in your link.

The question is what % do these extra profits ammount to as a % of total gasoline cost.

I’m sorry too retarded to understand what I said but I clearly laid it out to you. A margin does not have to widen for more profits to come in you idiot. My god I’m sure I could explain this to a 6 year old they would understand it lol
How can they spend more and make more at the same time and make more profit? Ahhh, you have no clue what margins are!

How can they spend more and make more at the same time and make more profit? Ahhh, you have no clue what margins are!
I’m sorry do you not understand how profit it works? Are you actually suggesting the margin has to widen for these companies to make more money? How fucking stupid are you?

Gas prices are high because oil prices are high.

Oil prices being high means oil companies make record profits.

This is not real complicated.
Gas prices being high is because diesel prices are at a record high and the shortage of diesel on the market is making prices go higher…

Oil companies and Oil Rich nations like Saudi Arabia influence the price of Oil along with what is going on with the Ukraine and Russia but the supply for diesel has hampered a lot.

To increase the production and lowering the price of diesel would not benefit the oil companies and Biden can not do much about it unless he want to truly go radical and Nationalize the Energy Sector of this country…

I’m sorry do you not understand how profit it works? Are you actually suggesting the margin has to widen for these companies to make more money? How fucking stupid are you?
Explain how one can make more when one spends more? That’s all! Come on poindexter

Explain how one can make more when one spends more? That’s all! Come on poindexter
Lol hey idiot if they were spending more and earning less, their margins would be narrowing. Clearly that isn’t the case.

FOOL> those claims don't give you the ability to say that oil companies profits are "sky high". Actually, they are considerably LOWER than they were for 5 years when Obama was in office.

"Higher than in a decade" ? WRONG, dumbass. You have been shown twice in this thread (first by Polishprince, and then by me) with linked proof, that NO, their latest profits are NOT HIGHER THAN IN A DECADE. In 2016 (6 years ago), Exxon profits were $83.48 B. The latest quarter of 2022, they were 72.69 B.

When you come bursting in here, spouting off MISinformation, all you do is make a grade A FOOL out of yourself. Sad. :rolleyes:
He's just trolling. You're wasting your time taking him seriously...in fact, you're wasting your time if you read his posts at all.

Lol hey idiot if they were spending more and earning less, their margins would be narrowing. Clearly that isn’t the case.
how so? if they earn the same it isn't more profit. Still waiting for your explanation on how one can spend more and make more profit.

how so? if they earn the same it isn't more profit. Still waiting for your explanation on how one can spend more and make more profit.
Except that they aren’t earning the same. You clearly see that in my OP lol. I don’t know why you morons try so hard.

Except that they aren’t earning the same. You clearly see that in my OP lol. I don’t know why you morons try so hard.
Well of course not, they’re having to spend more. Then they have to sell it at a higher price to make any profit. You still haven’t answered my question

Well of course not, they’re having to spend more. Then they have to sell it at a higher price to make any profit. You still haven’t answered my question
They are spending more? What the fuck are you basing that on? Absolutely nothing at all lol

Your thread title said it was because of high profit margins, Dumbass. How fucking stupid are you?

Your thread title said it was because of high profit margins, Dumbass. How fucking stupid are you?
Lol dude it doesn’t matter what I say at the end of the day. The facts are what they are. You’re all just too childish to admit them. Here are they again to rub it in your face:

“Several of the world's largest oil companies reported first-quarter earnings in recent weeks, giving investors new detail as to how sky-high gas prices are bolstering firms' bottom lines. Performance, in a word, was stellar. ExxonMobil reported a net profit of $5.5 billion, more than doubling its earnings from the year-ago period. Shell notched its strongest quarterly profit ever, and Chevron posted its best earnings quarter in nearly a decade.”

“The authors of the Center for American Progress post wrote that, in the first quarter of 2022, these companies "brought in more than 300 percent more in profits than in the first quarter of 2021. That is a total of more than $35 billion in profits in just three months."

Lol dude it doesn’t matter what I say at the end of the day. The facts are what they are. You’re all just too childish to admit them. Here are they again to rub it in your face:

“Several of the world's largest oil companies reported first-quarter earnings in recent weeks, giving investors new detail as to how sky-high gas prices are bolstering firms' bottom lines. Performance, in a word, was stellar. ExxonMobil reported a net profit of $5.5 billion, more than doubling its earnings from the year-ago period. Shell notched its strongest quarterly profit ever, and Chevron posted its best earnings quarter in nearly a decade.”

“The authors of the Center for American Progress post wrote that, in the first quarter of 2022, these companies "brought in more than 300 percent more in profits than in the first quarter of 2021. That is a total of more than $35 billion in profits in just three months."
If the margin goes down it’s impossible to make more profit, stupid shit

Price per barrel went up?
Their profits are up 300% either way. You can pretend the facts I laid out in my OP are not true but unless you can prove them wrong you are just embarrassing yourself.

BTW, you’re right it doesn’t matter what you say

Forum List

Back