What Is Up With Willfully Ignorant White People?

For instance, two-thirds of Blacks think that African Americans make less money than Whites, a view in line with official statistics. But just 37 percent of Whites believe that Blacks make less money than Whites, and a narrow majority think Black and White’ incomes are about the same. Also, although many objective health measures suggest Blacks are in worse overall health than Whites, a majority of Whites think Blacks and Whites are equally healthy.

The problem with having liberals analyze situations is that they don't want to seek understanding, they instead prefer to use information to confirm their bias.

The question here is WHY is there a disparity in viewpoints between blacks and whites. The liberal prefers the position "whites are racist" while the normal person points to whites looking at individual trees in a forest compared to blacks looking at the whole of the forest.

This is what whites see:

5e75dcb1c912ca01f171d5db65d835ae_zps0e9b170d.jpg

Whites see equally "qualified" blacks earning the same as whites. Blacks though see a lot of their people in poverty. Racial wage discrimination ended back in the early 70s. There has been no racial wage disparity when comparing a black person against an equally matched white person for over 40 years now.

Why would blacks income need to "catch up" if it was no disparity in the first place?

So it is no surprise that just 16 percent of Whites believe that there is “a lot” of discrimination in America today, a view held by 56 percent of Blacks. What may be surprising is that the polls found that White perceptions of anti-Black bias have diminished to the point where they are more now likely to think anti-White discrimination is a bigger problem than bias against Blacks.

It is a bigger problem. Whites focus on actual legislatively mandated discrimination against whites. That's real, that's observable. Blacks focus on unequal outcomes and then blame those unequal outcomes on discrimination. That discrimination can't be measured, it can't be seen, and it doesn't exist. Blacks are claiming something which doesn't exist.[/QUOTE]

This is the entire point of this thread. Whites dont believe it exists because they arent exposed to it. Therefore when they hear about it they believe its just a myth because they havent lived it. But if you look at any study on any topic you'll see there are differences.

Blacks say its discrimination, whites say its something else but what whites most definitely KNOW for a FACT is that it cant be discrimation. How do they know that? They just know it

For instance, two-thirds of Blacks think that African Americans make less money than Whites, a view in line with official statistics. But just 37 percent of Whites believe that Blacks make less money than Whites, and a narrow majority think Black and White’ incomes are about the same. Also, although many objective health measures suggest Blacks are in worse overall health than Whites, a majority of Whites think Blacks and Whites are equally healthy.

The problem with having liberals analyze situations is that they don't want to seek understanding, they instead prefer to use information to confirm their bias.

The question here is WHY is there a disparity in viewpoints between blacks and whites. The liberal prefers the position "whites are racist" while the normal person points to whites looking at individual trees in a forest compared to blacks looking at the whole of the forest.

This is what whites see:

Whites see equally "qualified" blacks earning the same as whites. Blacks though see a lot of their people in poverty. Racial wage discrimination ended back in the early 70s. There has been no racial wage disparity when comparing a black person against an equally matched white person for over 40 years now.

So it is no surprise that just 16 percent of Whites believe that there is “a lot” of discrimination in America today, a view held by 56 percent of Blacks. What may be surprising is that the polls found that White perceptions of anti-Black bias have diminished to the point where they are more now likely to think anti-White discrimination is a bigger problem than bias against Blacks.

It is a bigger problem. Whites focus on actual legislatively mandated discrimination against whites. That's real, that's observable. Blacks focus on unequal outcomes and then blame those unequal outcomes on discrimination. That discrimination can't be measured, it can't be seen, and it doesn't exist. Blacks are claiming something which doesn't exist.

As usual with your long winded boring posts and charts you always talk too much and wind up looking like a long winded moron. Basically what you are saying is that people with the same educational level get the same pay which I could argue about but not really necessary. The point you are missing is that the vast number of Black individuals have to go above and beyond what their white counterparts have to overcome just to get a foot into college. After that they have to actually get offered a job. How many Black Americans that are descended from slaves account for those that have masters and doctorates vs whites? How many of those whites that have masters and doctorates come from families with privileged backgrounds.?

No indeed. They lowered the entry level standards to accommodate the Blacks just as the courts have ruled that Blacks are too stupid to get a photo ID for voter registration. Every standard has to be lowered to accommodate the inferior mental capabilities of Blacks.

I wonder how many of the closeted racists attended high school in the South, and if they were required to read, Black Like Me; assigned reading in my 12th grade English Lit course. The book and the discussion of the book provided a vicarious experience and an understanding of the phrase to walk in the shoes of others.

I attended an all-white school in the south and we would never read such trash.

Willfull ignorance

No. Just no interest. I'm not Black, therefore it holds no interest for me. I read Moby Dick. More interesting.
Hence the ignorance. Its about a white guy. Why were you reading Moby Dick? Were you compensating?

Because I appreciate good literature.

Because you know good literature by literally judging a book by its cover

I attended an all-white school in the south and we would never read such trash.

Willfull ignorance

No. Just no interest. I'm not Black, therefore it holds no interest for me. I read Moby Dick. More interesting.

To determine its trash without any knowledge is willfull ignorance. It would be the same if I never read Moby Dick but said it was a terrible book

Anything about an inferior subject matter is trash.

I read "Black Like Me," and it was not required. :dunno:

It was an interesting book, but I questioned the validity of the whole thing.

First off, even with make up, Griffin was clearly white;
Black+Like+Me+(1964)_006.jpg

So we start with the premise that whites and blacks alike were too fucking stupid to recognize a white man in blackface. Gene Wilder was more convincing in Silver Streak.

As a morality tale on the evils of racism, it filled an important niche, but it is contrived and heavy handed. I rarely found the narrative to be authentic.
Though I had the same thought the book is non fiction. BTW you do realize that picture is from the movie made in 1964. I dont know if you were merely ignorant or you were being dishonest.

Black-Like-Me - Movie Trailers - Preview - NYTimes.com

More strawmen. What fertilizer do you use to grow them? They are so magnificent.

You wear your ignorance as a badge of honor. :thup:
Your strawmen won first prize at the buffoon fair.

That's the real key isn't it. Always be the best at whatever you do. Don't settle for second best.
He certainly is the best at strawmen. I'm glad you agree.

I have Black folks tending my yards as we speak and my wife has a Black housemaid. I'll soon replace them with Hispanics though. You can communicate with Hispanics.

This is what whites see:

It is a bigger problem. Whites focus on actual legislatively mandated discrimination against whites. That's real, that's observable. Blacks focus on unequal outcomes and then blame those unequal outcomes on discrimination. That discrimination can't be measured, it can't be seen, and it doesn't exist. Blacks are claiming something which doesn't exist.

As usual with your long winded boring posts and charts you always talk too much and wind up looking like a long winded moron. Basically what you are saying is that people with the same educational level get the same pay which I could argue about but not really necessary. The point you are missing is that the vast number of Black individuals have to go above and beyond what their white counterparts have to overcome just to get a foot into college. After that they have to actually get offered a job. How many Black Americans that are descended from slaves account for those that have masters and doctorates vs whites? How many of those whites that have masters and doctorates come from families with privileged backgrounds.?

No indeed. They lowered the entry level standards to accommodate the Blacks just as the courts have ruled that Blacks are too stupid to get a photo ID for voter registration. Every standard has to be lowered to accommodate the inferior mental capabilities of Blacks.
Its only fair. Standards were lowered for whites for 350 years.

The point you are missing is that the vast number of Black individuals have to go above and beyond what their white counterparts have to overcome just to get a foot into college.

Just how powerful are the hallucinogens you're taking? Affirmative Action wouldn't have to exist if blacks had to be MORE qualified than their white peers in order to gain admission to university.

The point you are missing is that the vast number of Black individuals have to go above and beyond what their white counterparts have to overcome just to get a foot into college.

Just how powerful are the hallucinogens you're taking? Affirmative Action wouldn't have to exist if blacks had to be MORE qualified than their white peers in order to gain admission to university.

Thats exactly why AA exists lol

More strawmen. What fertilizer do you use to grow them? They are so magnificent.

You wear your ignorance as a badge of honor. :thup:
Your strawmen won first prize at the buffoon fair.

That's the real key isn't it. Always be the best at whatever you do. Don't settle for second best.
He certainly is the best at strawmen. I'm glad you agree.

I have Black folks tending my yards as we speak and my wife has a Black housemaid. I'll soon replace them with Hispanics though. You can communicate with Hispanics.

Do you really expect anyone to believe your yard at the trailer park has grass? I have a unicorn in my garage and a griffin my backyard. :laugh:

Blacks say its discrimination, whites say its something else but what whites most definitely KNOW for a FACT is that it cant be discrimation. How do they know that? They just know it

Discrimination against blacks is illegal, discrimination against whites is enshrined within law. You can't run away from this fact. Whites don't accept the silly notion that unequal outcomes proves discrimination, blacks obviously do.

Thats exactly why AA exists lol
I thought I he was right about the hallucinogens at first when I read that.
laugh.gif

I think you just stepped on your dick. I said nothing about qualifications. I'm talking about life in general. Substandard schooling. Lack of precedence/legacy. If you are the first to go to college in your familly who do you lean on for advice on how to handle it?

Discrimination against blacks is illegal, discrimination against whites is enshrined within law. You can't run away from this fact.
It was the reverse for 350 years. How do you keep missing that?

Discrimination against blacks is illegal, discrimination against whites is enshrined within law. You can't run away from this fact. Whites don't accept the silly notion that unequal outcomes proves discrimination, blacks obviously do.

Thats not a fact thats a feeling...just like blacks have the feeling that they are discriminated against which is backed by stats, studies and data. Yours is just a feeling backed by feelings.

I'm talking about life in general.

What people make of their lives in a fair, equal opportunity, environment is their own doing. Equal opportunity doesn't imply equal outcomes.

Substandard schooling.

Talk about stepping on your dick. Having black classmates and black teachers shouldn't indicate substandard schooling. Even when schooling is excellent, this is what frequently happens:

AN uneasy amalgam of pride and discontent, Caroline Mitchell sat amid the balloons and beach chairs on the front lawn of Princeton High School, watching the Class of 2004 graduate. Her pride was for the seniors' average SAT score of 1237, third-highest in the state, and their admission to elite universities like Harvard, Yale and Duke. As president of the high school alumni association and community liaison for the school district, Ms. Mitchell deserved to bask in the tradition of public-education excellence.

Discontent, though, was what she felt about Blake, her own son. He was receiving his diploma on this June afternoon only after years of struggle - the failed English class in ninth grade, the science teacher who said he was capable only of C's, the assignment to a remedial "basic skills" class. Even at that, Ms. Mitchell realized, Blake had fared better than several friends who were nowhere to be seen in the procession of gowns and mortarboards. They were headed instead for summer school.

"I said to myself: 'Oh, no. Please, no,' " Ms. Mitchell recalled. "I was so hurt. These were bright kids. This shouldn't have been happening."

It did not escape Ms. Mitchell's perception that her son and most of those faltering classmates were black. They were the evidence of a prosperous, accomplished school district's dirty little secret, a racial achievement gap that has been observed, acknowledged and left uncorrected for decades. Now that pattern just may have to change under the pressure of the federal No Child Left Behind law.​

The mother is a graduate of one of the best High School in NJ. She's an involved mother, she's president of the alumni association, and even with that background her own son can't wring benefit out of what the school is offering him.

Educational outcomes are not "gifted" upon students, they're achieved by students. Look at what earlier generations of Americans accomplished in terms of literacy and achievement with schools which were far more deprived. One room school houses.

Lack of precedence/legacy.

Kids being the first in the family to go to college is still pretty common today in the white community. In fact, after the passage of the CRA most white kids attending college were classed as first generation, same opportunity that blacks had.

Thats not a fact thats a feeling...just like blacks have the feeling that they are discriminated against which is backed by stats, studies and data. Yours is just a feeling backed by feelings.

There is no affirmative action for white children. There are no minority set-aside for white businessmen. Those are facts.

There is no affirmative action for white children. There are no minority set-aside for white businessmen. Those are facts.

So? Also, thats not true because AA laws are so racist that white women are included as a minority. Talk about racist!!

So? Also, thats not true because AA laws are so racist that white women are included as a minority. Talk about racist!!

Those are examples of active, government sponsored, discrimination against whites. Blacks don't experience any governmental discrimination, what they experience is unequal outcomes caused by factors other than discrimination.

Looking for solutions is more productive than looking for problems, and solutions usually come from within.
I'd have to disagree with that. Solutions hardly ever come from within. They are always the result of some outside knowledge or prompting. Basically you do what you know. You dont magically know to apply for a grant to help pay for college unless someone tells you that this grant exists.. Thats why viscous cycles exist.

My point is that the individual still has to decide to apply for the grant and follow up with action to implement that decision.

AA benefits white women more than anyone moron.

Forum List

Back