What is wrong with being gay exactly?

Many righties don't care, I'm not saying this is all of them. And I don't care about giving gays perks straights don't get. But there are a lot of comments personally about gays in those discussions I don't understand. So my question is this:

If two people:

- are gay
- are both consenting adults
- aren't in any other way harming anyone

Why do you care? Why would God care? There is no victim, why should they be unhappily with someone of the opposite sex instead of happily with someone who loves them and wants to be with them?

Makes no sense to me. Particularly explain why God would be against that. He made them that way, was he just screwing with them?

I have no issue with people being gay and enjoying life. What I object to is calling it a normal human condition. It is an aberation of human biology and mentality. It is a disease just as being bi-polar is a disease. It is not normal. Therefor, gay marriage is an oxymoron.

You are welcome to your opinion- a totally unsubstantiated opinion. To me it is as valid as if I were to say that homophobia is a disease just as being bi-polar is.

there is no such thing as homophobia-----------fear of homsexuals. Homo--------phobia. Think about the word, idiot.

Many righties don't care, I'm not saying this is all of them. And I don't care about giving gays perks straights don't get. But there are a lot of comments personally about gays in those discussions I don't understand. So my question is this:

If two people:

- are gay

Why do you care? Why would God care? There is no victim, why should they be unhappily with someone of the opposite sex instead of happily with someone who loves them and wants to be with them?

Makes no sense to me. Particularly explain why God would be against that. He made them that way, was he just screwing with them?

I have no issue with people being gay and enjoying life. What I object to is calling it a normal human condition. It is an aberation of human biology and mentality. It is a disease just as being bi-polar is a disease. It is not normal. Therefor, gay marriage is an oxymoron.

You are welcome to your opinion- a totally unsubstantiated opinion. To me it is as valid as if I were to say that homophobia is a disease just as being bi-polar is.

there is no such thing as homophobia-----------fear of homsexuals. Homo--------phobia. Think about the word, idiot.
You and most others on the right fear change, diversity, and dissent – hence your hostility toward gay Americans and your desire to disadvantage them through force of law.

Call it what you will – but it ultimately comes down to being hateful, ignorant, wrong, and un-Constitutional.

If two people:

- are gay

what "perks" do you think gay people get that others don't?
1% against you is 100% against you, ay toots?

There are 60 other gay threads covering that, that isn't what this one is about.

Then why did you bring it up in your OP? You mentioned perks gays get straights don't. What are they? What do gays get that nobody else "gets" (besides fantastic sex and great fashion sense)?

Um...I said what the thread is not. To say what the thread is not is to bring it up and say that is what the thread is about?

The militant left, you accept nothing but total capitulation, do you?

As for what gays get, gay men sure get fashion sense, but the gay women seem to be pretty far behind the straight women. I guess they need it to make up for us straight men

And yet your opening post would not have been changed by leaving that out of it. There was no reason for it to be there. You chose to add it in and now you can't back it up. Why am I not surprised?

If two people:

- are gay

I don't really know what "normal" means, I don't know anyone who's "normal." I'm not sure who you're referring to either. Who is it up to that says if they are normal exactly? I don't give a shit what government considers "normal." God sees all of us and the not normal ways we deal with life. As long as we're not hurting anyone in the process, why would God object to that?

Normal in terms of sexuality is using our human sex organs for the purposes they were designed for. There is a biological reason for males and females.

Do I really have to explain what sexually normal means?

You could, but it would would miss the point. I bet if you where honest, there are ways you cope with life that are not "normal" though sexually and otherwise. Procreation is how we perpetuate the species, it's not however the purpose of our existence

You and most others on the right fear change, diversity, and dissent – hence your hostility toward gay Americans and your desire to disadvantage them through force of law.

Call it what you will – but it ultimately comes down to being hateful, ignorant, wrong, and un-Constitutional.

LOL, you won, sweet heart. you are the establishment now. you are the one who fears and is fighting change. you are now the man. Get used to it

If two people:

- are gay

I don't really know what "normal" means, I don't know anyone who's "normal." I'm not sure who you're referring to either. Who is it up to that says if they are normal exactly? I don't give a shit what government considers "normal." God sees all of us and the not normal ways we deal with life. As long as we're not hurting anyone in the process, why would God object to that?

Normal in terms of sexuality is using our human sex organs for the purposes they were designed for. There is a biological reason for males and females.

You could, but it would would miss the point. I bet if you where honest, there are ways you cope with life that are not "normal" though sexually and otherwise. Procreation is how we perpetuate the species, it's not however the purpose of our existence
Then what, in your opinion, is our purpose?

If two people:

- are gay

There are 60 other gay threads covering that, that isn't what this one is about.

Then why did you bring it up in your OP? You mentioned perks gays get straights don't. What are they? What do gays get that nobody else "gets" (besides fantastic sex and great fashion sense)?

Um...I said what the thread is not. To say what the thread is not is to bring it up and say that is what the thread is about?

As for what gays get, gay men sure get fashion sense, but the gay women seem to be pretty far behind the straight women. I guess they need it to make up for us straight men

And yet your opening post would not have been changed by leaving that out of it. There was no reason for it to be there. You chose to add it in and now you can't back it up. Why am I not surprised?

How does life work for you without me to explain everything to you like I have to do for you on the message board? It was completely relevant. That point wasn't to you, it was to the socons. I was making clear this isn't another butt hurt gay marriage thread. It is just about leaving gays alone, not condemning you to hell (as if they have that power) and not even caring who you have sex with. But you read that whole thing and all you see is what? I want gay marriage, I don't care about the rest of it, you can't leave that out. Here's a dollar, buy a clue

If two people:

- are gay

Seriously? You think procreation is our purpose in being here? We are here to exist and keep existing? That's why?

How does life work for you without me to explain everything to you like I have to do for you on the message board? It was completely relevant. That point wasn't to you, it was to the socons. I was making clear this isn't another butt hurt gay marriage thread. It is just about leaving gays alone, not condemning you to hell (as if they have that power) and not even caring who you have sex with. But you read that whole thing and all you see is what? I want gay marriage, I don't care about the rest of it, you can't leave that out. Here's a dollar, buy a clue

You can't name these things that gays get that straight don't...so why even bring it up in the OP? The gist of your opening post would not have changed at all if you had said:

Many righties don't care, I'm not saying this is all of them, but there are a lot of comments personally about gays in those discussions I don't understand. So my question is this:

If two people:

- are gay
[...]

Would have been the same conversation...but no, you had to add:

And I don't care about giving gays perks straights don't get.

So name them.

If two people:

- are gay

Question 1: Why do I care?
Answer 1: I care for pretty much the same reasons I care for hetero couples, with one exception covered below in answer 3.

Question 2: Why would God care?
Answer 2: I make it a habit of not speaking for god.

Question 3: Why should they be unhappily with someone of the opposite sex instead of happily with someone who loves them and wants to be with them?
Answer 3: To build and raise a family with someone of the opposite sex for the purpose providing a more traditional environment for the child with one father and one mother. Where the father is the male role model and the mother the female role model.

Questions 4&5: Explain why God would be against that and was god just screwing with them?
See answer 2 above.

Seriously? You think procreation is our purpose in being here? We are here to exist and keep existing? That's why?
I didn't say anything about what I think our purpose is.
I simply asked you want you think our purpose is.
Do you frequently answer questions with questions?

You can't name these things that gays get that straight don't...so why even bring it up in the OP? The gist of your opening post would not have changed at all if you had said:

Many righties don't care, I'm not saying this is all of them, but there are a lot of comments personally about gays in those discussions I don't understand. So my question is this:

If two people:

- are gay
[...]

Would have been the same conversation...but no, you had to add:

And I don't care about giving gays perks straights don't get.

So name them.

I told you this isn't the thread for that. You are showing EXACTLY why I said it. Conservatives see gay and you go all we are going to hear is gay government marriage, gay government marriage, gay government marriage. I was telling them that isn't this thread so their eyes didn't glaze over. Take your tired mantra that government marriage is all that matters to the right thread for it, which is any other gay thread. Or to you any other thread. Actually for you that's every thread on every subject

Why is it I keep calling you a one trick pony again? Oh yeah...

Last edited:

If two people:

- are gay

not true at all. its you on the left that are full of hate and fear. you hate and fear anyone who dares take issue with your far left socialist, anything-goes agenda.

You want anyone who disagrees with you punished by the government. you hate freedom and free speech and want to curtail both.

If two people:

- are gay

Answer 1: I care for pretty much the same reasons I care for hetero couples, with one exception covered below in answer 3.

Question 3: Why should they be unhappily with someone of the opposite sex instead of happily with someone who loves them and wants to be with them?
Answer 3: To build and raise a family with someone of the opposite sex for the purpose providing a more traditional environment for the child with one father and one mother. Where the father is the male role model and the mother the female role model.

Questions 4&5: Explain why God would be against that and was god just screwing with them?
See answer 2 above.

1) This isn't a gay marriage thread

2) Saying you don't speak for God is irrelevant, that isn't the point of the question. I mean duh. Note the phrasing, why "would" God care, not why "does" God care. And obviously the question was pointed to people who think he doesn't, not those who think he doesn't

If two people:

- are gay

Ok, lets try it this way. Every society decides what it considers normal and acceptable. Societies either do that by majority opinion (vote) or by dictatorial mandate.

All I have ever asked is that the people be allowed to decide the gay marriage issue, not the courts or some govt dictate.

I am fullying willing to accept the will of the people, are you?

If two people:

- are gay

Ok, lets try it this way. Every society decides what it considers normal and acceptable. Societies either do that by majority opinion (vote) or by dictatorial mandate.

All I have ever asked is that the people be allowed to decide the gay marriage issue, not the courts or some govt dictate.

I've made that point many times as well. I oppose government gay marriage, but I oppose all government marriage. If the people/legislatures enact them then I have no more or less disagreement with it than other government marriage. It is the actions of the courts imposing it through judicial fiat that I have the biggest issue with.

This thread isn't about that though. It's about my inability to grasp why what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes bothers anyone I don't grasp. And I don't grasp why God would make gays then want them to be unhappy as some sort of pious point. Life is hard enough without those

I've made that point many times as well. I oppose government gay marriage, but I oppose all government marriage. If the people/legislatures enact them then I have no more or less disagreement with it than other government marriage. It is the actions of the courts imposing it through judicial fiat that I have the biggest issue with.

This thread isn't about that though. It's about my inability to grasp why what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes bothers anyone I don't grasp. And I don't grasp why God would make gays then want them to be unhappy as some sort of pious point. Life is hard enough without those

the real question is whether homosexuality is a normal human condition. I don't think it is, others think it is. That is the debate here and I see no end to it.

If two people:

- are gay

See answer 2 above.

2) Saying you don't speak for God is irrelevant, that isn't the point of the question. I mean duh. Note the phrasing, why "would" God care, not why "does" God care. And obviously the question was pointed to people who think he doesn't, not those who think he doesn't
1) I didn't say anything about gay marriage.
2) You're asking people to explain god's opinion, as if their opinion is not their own but rather an expression of what god tells them. If you want to rephrase the question to one of "what is the religious basis.." well my answer covered that as well, since IMO the religious basis is to promote the building and raising of families with mixed sex organs for the purpose providing more traditional environments for children with one father and one mother. Where the father is the male role model and the mother the female role model.

Last edited:

If two people:

- are gay

See answer 2 above.

1) I didn't say anything about gay marriage.
2) Your asking people to explain god's opinion, as if their opinion is not their own but rather an expression of what god tells them. If you want to rephrase the question to one of "what is the religious basis.." well my answer covered that as well, since IMO the religious basis is to promote the building and raising of families with mixed sex organs for the purpose providing more traditional environments for children with one father and one mother. Where the father is the male role model and the mother the female role model.
In other words, a bigoted idiot relying on old fairy tales.

Some people are just busy bodies and that's all there is to it. For example, if you're watching a FB game and someone holds someone else you may say there should be a rule against holding... voila.. the rule against holding is created to make the game better.

Forum List

Back