What is Your connection to liberals and conservatives ?

Veterans are mostly conservative. First responders who see life and death every day are mostly conservative. A generation of Americans who were subjected to a federal education system that teaches more about how to put a condom on a banana and not so much about American history? Generally ignorant/liberal.

I am a Conservatarian. (Conservative / Libertarian)

I am all about personal rights an freedoms and small government, however unlike Libertarians I believe in borders and that we do need government for some infrastructure needs.

For me 20% of Democrats think and live like me and 85% of Republicans ..
You?
Most Democrats want to live like Republicans, but feel guilty about it. Voting for liberal causes is their therapy, with no regard for the disastrous results on others.

I have no connection to liberals. I won't shop at their stores, I won't give them my business, and wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

My wife's the same way. She gave up community theater after her liberal "friends" started looked down their noses at her when she voted for Trump.

Both of us were Democrats at one time too, BTW.

Last edited:
I cannot vote for today's dems and there are a decent percentage of gop who would gladly cut and gut social security and Medicare so those people absolutely detest those that are using those two programs. 2 of the greatest things america has ever done. So by default I have to sit this election out.

So you met a couple of Conservatives who were callous assholes, got it. Personally I don't make ridiculous generalizations like that.
No
I saw what the Newt Gingrich Conservatives were doing in Congress and I didn’t want to be associated with them

I do not have a connection to either side, no matter what you want to call them.

I honestly do not feel much of a connection to the people of this country all that much these days. Everything is about division and putting labels on people and putting them into boxes.

I was listening to a PodCast not long ago and the guest was a retired US Army Vet living in Dominican Republic. He said that Veterans are one of the largest groups becoming Ex-pats, more than 25,000 of them living in the Dominican Republic. Much of the reason they are leaving the country they served is they cannot stand the division.

I cannot wait to join them.

I do not have a connection to either side, no matter what you want to call them.

I honestly do not feel much of a connection to the people of this country all that much these days. Everything is about division and putting labels on people and putting them into boxes.

I was listening to a PodCast not long ago and the guest was a retired US Army Vet living in Dominican Republic. He said that Veterans are one of the largest groups becoming Ex-pats, more than 25,000 of them living in the Dominican Republic. Much of the reason they are leaving the country they served is they cannot stand the division.

I cannot wait to join them.

We can't wait for you to join them too. :laughing0301:

I just disagree with liberals more than I do with conservatives.

When I was young it was far more fun being liberal but as I grow ancient the conservative approach seems far more based on common sense and realistic solutions.

Alas .. liberals don’t seem to want to grow up. 🤪

Forum List

Back