What Is Your Own Definition of Liberal and Conservative?

I have seen the sky both colors.

If you do not want people to give you their opinions, then do not ask for them. My definitions are just as valid as yours.

I never asked you to make things up though. Purple I could give you when the sunset sometimes makes it appear that way, but I've never seen it green before.

I never asked you to make things up though. Purple I could give you when the sunset sometimes makes it appear that way, but I've never seen it green before.

Never been close to a tornado then.

And I did not make things up, my definition was far more precise and correct than you feel good party line answer. Did you copy and paste it word for word from you talking points email?

Liberalism to me strives for the most freedom possible of the individual. As a statesman once said:'' If your not hurting anyone or anyone's property government should leave you alone.'' It also means striving for Free Market economics and willingness to change with the times. Responsibility of the individual to the community. Using the government to do the things that cannot be done by the individual. A Statesman once said'' change is inevitable you can decide to guide the change or drift along with it where ever it may end up.''

Conservatism to me is making progress by using the past history and traditions as a foundation and a guide to work from. To move forward without leaving what was learned from the past behind. The idea is that an individual is responsible for their own actions but with compassion for others. A patriotism that's not a feeling of superiority but of love and pride.

Thanks little Nazi guy, your view of me so valued! :banana:

Like you have any privilege to call anybody a Nazi. They hit the nail directly on the head,... Fuck you.

Liberalism to me strives for the most freedom possible of the individual. As a statesman once said:'' If your not hurting anyone or anyone's property government should leave you alone.'' It also means striving for Free Market economics and willingness to change with the times. Responsibility of the individual to the community. Using the government to do the things that cannot be done by the individual. A Statesman once said'' change is inevitable you can decide to guide the change or drift along with it where ever it may end up.''

Is this meant to be sarcastic?

Oh my gosh!!! They're calling you one you idiot!!! You seriously can't be THAT stupid!! :laughing0301:

You can call me all the names you like, but only a Nazi is proud of the swastika, and these people are proudly displaying it in their avatar.

That would be like a Christian wearing a pentagram and saying they are doing it to troll the atheist, it just would not happen.

Not to mention I am not a Dem so they are not calling me anything with their swastikas

Okay, so in what ways are they different?

LOL did you notice the party symbol? :rofl:
Left-wing is a government of Totalitarianism. Liberalism is the governing philosophy of the individual with as much freedom as possible as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or anyone s property.

After somebody else asked me this question it got me thinking that it was a pretty good question. Here's my answer to it and I'm going to make it short and sweet. A conservative wants and stands for America to be like it's supposed to be,.. a free country. While a liberal wants completely the opposite.

You cannot, absolutely cannot, make a definition of a conservative or a liberal by only focusing on US politics.

The definition should reach around the world.

A conservative, according to wikipedia, which usually has the best and most thought out definitions of words says: "a conservative.... seeks to promote and to preserve traditional social institutions."

While Liberals, according to wikipedia: "Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), democracy, secularism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion and a market economy."

Now, the thing is that in the US people are quick to say "Republican = conservative, Democrat = liberal". Not necessarily. Many Democrats will not be liberal and many Republicans will not be conservative. They might be more extreme or they might be a mix of liberal and conservative.

The problem is people like their nice neat and tidy boxes in which to place people.

Left-wing is a government of Totalitarianism. Liberalism is the governing philosophy of the individual with as much freedom as possible as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or anyone s property.

I think your version of liberalism as you describe it is today's conservative right-wing. When one thinks of liberals today it is the left-wing of the political spectrum that clear has little respect for freedom or property.

After somebody else asked me this question it got me thinking that it was a pretty good question. Here's my answer to it and I'm going to make it short and sweet. A conservative wants and stands for America to be like it's supposed to be,.. a free country. While a liberal wants completely the opposite.

A conservative and a liberal will generally agree that issue "X" exists. Where they disagree is on how to solve it.

The loudmouths of today are not liberals. They are authoritarian leftists. It took me a long time to realize that, hence why you will rarely see me use the term "liberals". They are not my enemy. The fucking lunatic commies and their enablers POSING as "liberals" are my enemy.

Forum List

Back